Poll: A General or King?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    A soldier. People tend to remember more their acts than of Generals or Kings.
    Also a farmer but the description doesn't just fits the farmer role.
    Funny, I can name a few generals and kings, but no soldiers under their command.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Funny, I can name a few generals and kings, but no soldiers under their command.
    Yeah but let’s be honest here YOU wouldn’t though right?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Reality engineer. Reality has way too many issues that need to be fixed, so no other job would satisfy me.

Yar, pirate here.

Probably some noble... born into privilege and luxuries, without the responsibilities.

If not, then a "Farmer".

I'll go with farmer. Goes hand in hand with the type of games I often play.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Which would you want to be?

A General. A military master of war who commands the respect of his men and bares the responsibility for their success and failure, life and death.

A King. A heavy crown and life of privilege a constant target who rules all. But if all goes wrong is the first of who’s head will roll. Slave to the hopes and fears of your country

A Soldier. A reliable but low ranking worker who ultimately rest victory or defeat. A possible Top Lieutenant where honor awaits.

A Agent. A duplicitous lone soilder. No name no honor no recognition. Any light on you is your failure. The last line of defense from the nightmare.

A Pirate. A individual who values gold over all else. Who’s honor is only tied to those who earned your crew.

A Peacekeeper. A talker an ambassador the first and only hope against war.

A Farmer. Someone who work at home or in the country a dreamer a tinkerer maybe even a medic. Lover of life and a family man.

I would go with Agent or Farmer.
    I'd want to be anyone who is allowed to steal money from rich people like Oprah, and spend it on the things I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Goddess of the galaxy. Why aim lower I'm also generous enough to leave the rest of the galaxies for someone else to rule.
    Oh yeah? Well technically the Milky Way may already be colliding with Andromeda due to a massive hydrogen haze that may extend 2.5 million light years around the galaxy. This puts your leadership in immediate dispute. Why should we, the citizens of the Milky way accept you over the inevitable goddess of Andromeda, a galaxy 2x the size of our own ?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Oh yeah? Well technically the Milky Way may already be colliding with Andromeda due to a massive hydrogen haze that may extend 2.5 million light years around the galaxy. This puts your leadership in immediate dispute. Why should we, the citizens of the Milky way accept you over the inevitable goddess of Andromeda, a galaxy 2x the size of our own ?
    I don't worry over mortal minds speculation As for why should the current residents accept me as the ruler? Well, it's going to be cliche, but unless they all want to puff out of existence, and be replaced by something more exotic, like xenomorphs from Alien, then they better do.

Or even better, I'll just create the xenomorphs at 1:10000000 ratio, in their favor over all the current residents combined. Then they can fight over my favor.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2017-10-12 at 01:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

A car detailer.

Nothing makes people happier than their car returned to like new condition.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

An agent. They're always the most badass character in any particular story. Bond, Bourne, Coulson...

The agent is the one that gets shit done. I don't need a name, this number will do just fine.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    That's problem of humanity how they write the story/history. True heroes do not sit at the chair.
    Histroy and how it's written is all that matters in THIS context
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

7+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what I might choose. Hrmm... >_>

Deleted
    Same as I am now, business owner and entrepreneur.

Being in control of my life, not being dependent on "the people" like a king would be, or by politics like a General. The rest are also just things kids want to be when they are 6 years old.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Which would you want to be?

A General. A military master of war who commands the respect of his men and bares the responsibility for their success and failure, life and death.

A King. A heavy crown and life of privilege a constant target who rules all. But if all goes wrong is the first of who’s head will roll. Slave to the hopes and fears of your country

A Soldier. A reliable but low ranking worker who ultimately rest victory or defeat. A possible Top Lieutenant where honor awaits.

A Agent. A duplicitous lone soilder. No name no honor no recognition. Any light on you is your failure. The last line of defense from the nightmare.

A Pirate. A individual who values gold over all else. Who’s honor is only tied to those who earned your crew.

A Peacekeeper. A talker an ambassador the first and only hope against war.

A Farmer. Someone who work at home or in the country a dreamer a tinkerer maybe even a medic. Lover of life and a family man.

I would go with Agent or Farmer.
    First of all, great post, terrific list, and great descriptions.

I would go with King. Nothing is a close second, but if forced to choose, probably Peacekeeper.

a wanderer....

free and unrestrained by the shackles of society. no need to remain in one location, go where the wind takes you

edit:

all the listed items tie you to a group or organization.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2017-10-12 at 06:25 PM.

Histroy and how it's written is all that matters in THIS context
    History is written by the winners. The winners are not always heroes or truth writers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    History is written by the winners. The winners are not always heroes or truth writers.
    It doesn't matter, no one will know the truth if it's not written down.

It doesn't matter, no one will know the truth if it's not written down.
    Only those that were there know the truth. The rest get to read stories that might be true or not.

A general. I'm a field-guy type of person and usually lead groups (teams, friends, was a Raid Leader and Guild Master, projects + Im a boss at my work IRL). The description suits me the best.