View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Articles like this one sweetie? Your wish is my command...

Unilever picks London as its home over Rotterdam

https://www.theguardian.com/business...over-rotterdam

Gotta love those Brexit benefits don't you?
    I can assure you, with how much Unilever loves to fuck with our government, we are happy they are gone. But I suppose the netherlands finally turning away from being a tax haven is the EUs fault, somehow.

But hey, you enjoy having Unilever in Boris's cabinet.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2020-06-13 at 10:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    The exquisite sense of irony I felt when I saw this headline.
    Very tolerant, just quite selective about it.

Also, "why we fear dentists are natural born killers"?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Very tolerant, just quite selective about it.

Also, "why we fear dentists are natural born killers"?
    Goes to show you exactly the sort of media that feeds support for Brexit, doesn't it? These people are utterly detached from reality and will freely make up or revise 'facts' all so they can avoid having to admit they were...*gasp* wrong.

You can see it in how Dribbles carries on about English food being both the best in the world but also simultaneously so trashy and awful that England desperately needs the US of all places to save its menus. Apparently.

In short:

The mind should develop a blind spot whenever a dangerous thought presented itself. The process should be automatic, instinctive. Crimestop, they called it in Newspeak. . . . He set to work to exercise himself in crimestop. He presented himself with propositions—'the Party says the Earth is flat', 'the Party says that ice is heavier than water'—and trained himself in not seeing or not understanding the arguments that contradicted them.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2020-06-13 at 10:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Goes to show you exactly the sort of media that feeds support for Brexit, doesn't it? These people are utterly detached from reality and will freely make up or revise 'facts' all so they can avoid having to admit they were...*gasp* wrong.

You can see it in how Dribbles carries on about English food being both the best in the world but also simultaneously so trashy and awful that England desperately needs the US of all places to save its menus. Apparently.

In short:
    Pann will probably get back to you with why the UK is right because it's their opinion and stance, and we shouldn't question it ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Pann will probably get back to you with why the UK is right because it's their opinion and stance, and we shouldn't question it ...
    Westphalian sovereignty has always been a self-serving myth promulgated by European powers to justify intervening in proxy wars, so people that still believe otherwise in 2020 can eat glass to be entirely honest.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Westphalian sovereignty has always been a self-serving myth promulgated by European powers to justify intervening in proxy wars, so people that still believe otherwise in 2020 can eat glass to be entirely honest.
    What would be a better system than the Westphalian system?

genuinely curious, not trying to make fun of you or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    What would be a better system than the Westphalian system?

genuinely curious, not trying to make fun of you or anything.
    Globalization.

Also, just because this is a thread about the UK:

10+ Year Old Account
    Globalization.
    But it's entirely unfeasible to introduce in the modern world.. At least for now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    I can assure you, with how much Unilever loves to fuck with our government, we are happy they are gone. But I suppose the netherlands finally turning away from being a tax haven is the EUs fault, somehow.

If you got any more 50bn Euro annual income EU companies you want to send our way as a benefit to us of Brexit, fill your boots, especially as the Brexit bill to our eurochums is becoming clear...

Germany to contribute 42% more to EU budget

https://www.dw.com/en/germany-eu-cor...ase/a-53806800
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Dude, what the fuck have you done to your avatar? Dennis the Menace?

Anyway, the Beano is firmly pro EU:

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top...mogg-1-5462794

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I thought Brexit was a protest against the globalization the EU actively takes part in?
    i have been told by my regular news source Brexit is a fight against modern imperialism
    https://www.cpbml.org.uk/leave

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post

there's a joke there about Unilever being in all the cabinet's in England now, but im to tired to make it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    there's a joke there about Unilever being in all the cabinet's in England now, but im to tired to make it.
    Well aren't we lucky the Tories put a clown in power so he can make the joke for you.

No, this is not a shitpost and I suspect this is going to do fuck all to reassure anyone that there is a viable post-Brexit plan in the works.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well aren't we lucky the Tories put a clown in power so he can make the joke for you.

No, this is not a shitpost and I suspect this is going to do fuck all to reassure anyone that there is a viable post-Brexit plan in the works.
    You mean something like this?

An update on the UK’s position on accession to the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP)

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...tnership-cptpp

Joining the biggest trade bloc in the world to be, having left the little EU village = no plan?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

An update on the UK’s position on accession to the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP)

Joining the biggest trade bloc in the world to be, having left the little EU village = no plan?
    The EU already has trade agreements with 9 of the 11 cptpp members.

15+ Year Old Account

CPTPP BIP = 13 tn
    EU BIP = 20 tn

Yeah, that is without the UK, so even after you've joined (wait, you want to join a trade bloc, what about sovereignty?) it would still be smaller than the EU.

They are so important that the EU already has trade agreements or is negotiating trade agreements witch each member separately.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account

Y'all would have had said trade agreements in the EU anyway.

I'm referring more to the grotesque level of product placement and how the "joke" of the English cabinet being owned by Unilever is anything but.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    CPTPP BIP = 13 tn
    EU BIP = 20 tn

Yeah, that is without the UK, so even after you've joined (wait, you want to join a trade bloc, what about sovereignty?) it would still be smaller than the EU.

They are so important that the EU already has trade agreements or is negotiating trade agreements witch each member separately.
    CPTPP (inc UK) = 550 million people
    EU (ex UK) = 450 million people

Then imagine if maybe China joined the CPTPP and post Trump so did the US.

The economically stagnant EU village doesn't equal the world or the future my friend from the mountains, even if with its desire for a global empire many wish it did.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, more people with less money, by that measure China and India are larger Tradeblocs.

Though it might finally seep through to your brain that the UK on its own is nothing compared to the world, well done.

Oh, right, for it to be great I have to imagine things, yeah that checks out, Brexit is great if you imagine things will happen. Also, post Trump? I thought the US trade agreement is practically already a done deal? So why would you care if the US joins a trade bloc when you have already an awesome trade deal in place?

The economically stagnant EU village doesn't equal the world or the future my friend from the mountains, even if with its desire for a global empire many wish it did.
    What part of "we have trade agreements in place with most of those countries" just can't get through to you? Right now, you have left trade deals with most of these countries to negotiate new ones, which is amazingly stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

Yeah but the other big party was headed by a dirty communist who was Hitler and Stalin's love child . Can't blame the brits for this.

Firstly that area has a lot less money than the EU, secondly it's on the other side of the world and trade is always primarily done with neighbours.

Thirdly, if China joins then it will be China + their bitches due to power discrepancy.