View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    So about 1% of City of London employees have gone to the EU. That's not a win for the EU but UK companies managing out bad employees and sending their crud to places, perceived as boring Frankfurt or high tax and restrictive labour laws Paris for example, that no one wants to go and live.
    What the actual fuck...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

I'm afraid you need to smell das kaffee.

If the EU want access to trillions of euro from the City of London, UK then they will have no choice but to be ruled by UK law. When you go cap in hand to borrow money from your bank you comply with everything they ask for or you don't walk away with that loan. If the UK says to the EU jump up and down on one leg for 5 minutes and we will grant you access to that finance, then that's what the EU will do.

Quite simply in future the EU will be ruled by the UK, with no say in how those rules are formulated. /three cheers for brexit!

Taking back control one might say, just as the UK populace ordered and brexit working as intended.
    lol this is some of the dumbest shit I've ever read on this forum, and that's saying alot. How do you suppose that the UK will rule the EU? Your Great Empire dreams are hilarious. Heck it's even more likely that you'll finally end up as the 51st state...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    lol this is some of the dumbest shit I've ever read on this forum, and that's saying alot. How do you suppose that the UK will rule the EU? Your Great Empire dreams are hilarious. Heck it's even more likely that you'll finally end up as the 51st state...
    He said that a few posts after talking about 1% of the city of London relocating to EU countries..

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    He believes London will remain the financial heart of the EU and that the EU will have to beg the UK to have access to their own money.
    Ofcourse he doesn't account for the effects of losing the free access of services (hint, financial traffic falls under that) to the EU will effect that and how all these branches being opened in the EU are so that these financial institutions can deal with the EU without going through London and that over time more and more will be shifted to these other locations as the financial heart of London bleeds to death.

So yes, he is dumb.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    He believes London will remain the financial heart of the EU and that the EU will have to beg the UK to have access to their own money.
    Ofcourse he doesn't account for the effects of losing the free access of services (hint, financial traffic falls under that) to the EU will effect that and how all these branches being opened in the EU are so that these financial institutions can deal with the EU without going through London and that over time more and more will be shifted to these other locations as the financial heart of London bleeds to death.

So yes, he is dumb.
    London won't die, but it will lose a lot of power. Even outside of the EU, it's still a very good place to store your private fortune since you have access to British Overseas territories to store your money in, which means you don't have to pay tax. But that is primarily money that doesn't have to move. For big businesses where you have to move money? Makes more sense to keep them in the EU than London

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post

So yes, he is dumb.
    London bleeds to death? Haha best laugh of the week ty you are too funny. Sorry but London's strength, thanks to brexit, in the global finance sector only grows as can be seen from this latest chart released just 2 weeks ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global..._Centres_Index

Out of the two money bosses of the world, New York/London, there is only one boss based close to the EU's time zone. Both of those two the EU will still be forced to go cap in hand for future finance facilities to pay for their extravagant public spending. They haven't the ability to do it themselves, yes sir no sir will still be the order of the business day for the EU to the UK come January, deal or no deal.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

London bleeds to death? Haha best laugh of the week ty you are too funny. Sorry but London's strength, thanks to brexit, in the global finance sector only grows as can be seen from this latest chart released just 2 weeks ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global..._Centres_Index

Out of the two money bosses of the world, New York/London, there is only one boss based close to the EU's time zone. Both of those two the EU will still be forced to go cap in hand for future finance facilities to pay for their extravagant public spending. They haven't the ability to do it themselves, yes sir no sir will still be the order of the business day for the EU to the UK come January, deal or no deal.
    You know, on the continent, we are actually able to do business after 3pm. Which is when NYC wakes up. It's really no difference if we talk to a US company or a UK based company. I know, crazy, right? Not that it matters, since despite what you keep fantasizing, the EU doesn't go to London to loan money. You seem to have a problem differentiating private hedge funds and public budgets. They are not the same. You should research your shit a little more, my man. This is embarassing.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    London won't die, but it will lose a lot of power. Even outside of the EU, it's still a very good place to store your private fortune since you have access to British Overseas territories to store your money in, which means you don't have to pay tax. But that is primarily money that doesn't have to move. For big businesses where you have to move money? Makes more sense to keep them in the EU than London
    All the more reasons to let London go if you ask me, it functioned too long as a tax evasion haven. One step closer to fairer taxes even if hundred of steps have yet to be made afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    that's a shame....

from Lancashire.

this is my ideal arrangement of Britain.

a fucking big hole where London currently is, and two nice wide moats keeping out the southerners and the scots.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2020-10-07 at 02:19 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Reaffirming London's dominance over EU financial services a report reveals:- EY's Brexit tracker for July-December 2019 found that only one additional company of the 222 being monitored in the sector announced it was to establish a new office in the EU

How many EU firms have chosen to come the other way do you think eurochums? 1441 is the right answer. Great Brexit inward investment news for London wouldn't you say?

EU banks now seeking Brexit hubs in London

https://www.iconrelocation.com/news/...hubs-in-london

Shocking isn't it that brexiteers were right all along when we said that they need us, by 1441 to 1, more than we need them?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    that's a shame....

from Lancashire.

this is my ideal arrangement of Britain.

a fucking big hole where London currently is, and two nice wide moats keeping out the southerners and the scots.
    Hey, I'm a Londoner. We're alright. Most of us hate the Tories anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Hey, I'm a Londoner. We're alright. Most of us hate the Tories anyway.
    aye but the hate for London and the south is like 954 years old now. and tbh nowadays i guess its not really at the people more just at the bias and favouritism London's had for century's.

and as much as i recognise that, i probably still wouldn't be all that upset if London sank into the sea one day.

this global warming map is the reason im not that bothered by global warming

aye but the hate for London and the south is like 954 years old now. and tbh nowadays i guess its not really at the people more just at the bias and favouritism London's had for century's.

and as much as i recognise that, i probably still wouldn't be all that upset if London sank into the sea one day.

this global warming map is the reason im not that bothered by global warming

I mean, at this juncture I'd be fine with moving to Bristol or Bath or somewhere more quiet if work permitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I mean, at this juncture I'd be fine with moving to Bristol or Bath or somewhere more quiet if work permitted.
    At some point were probly gonna have to accept were to late to stop global warming now and need to think of managing and adapting to it.

And looking at that map most of the places sunk could probly do with a few millennia under water getting a deep clean

Sucks for Denmark though, or should I say the future Island of Denmark

At some point were probly gonna have to accept were to late to stop global warming now and need to think of managing and adapting to it.

And looking at that map most of the places sunk could probly do with a few millennia under water getting a deep clean

Time will tell.

Depends on exactly how you define Denmark, as there is also Greenland - currently sort of part of Denmark, and huge.

Currently the name "greenland" is as accurate as the marketing before brexit-vote and covered by ice.

But if that ice melts Greenland would be a nice island, and that is when the sea level just has risen ten meters or so.
    However, that is hundreds or years away at the moment, and to get to 80 m also Antartica has to melt - which will take longer.

I don't know how that will influence future fishing negotiations :-)

Reaffirming London's dominance over EU financial services a report reveals:- EY's Brexit tracker for July-December 2019 found that only one additional company of the 222 being monitored in the sector announced it was to establish a new office in the EU
    How many of the ones that this firm do not monitor left? Because if only one firm has left London, causing 7500 employees and 1.5 trillion dollars to be moved from the City to the EU, then that must have been one hell of a company that moved.

Also, I see that you are ignoring the fact that your data is a year old by this point.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2020-10-07 at 06:27 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    How many of the ones that this firm do not monitor left? Because if only one firm has left London, causing 7500 employees and 1.5 trillion dollars to be moved from the City to the EU, then that must have been one hell of a company that moved.

Also, I see that you are ignoring the fact that your data is a year old by this point.
    Out of date? That sort of data is always going to be a few months in the gathering rather than minute by minute, oh well to bring you right up to date:-

Fair enough, here you go Charlie boy as you ask we have a royal flush, beat that!

Out of date? That sort of data is always going to be a few months in the gathering rather than minute by minute, oh well to bring you right up to date:-

Fair enough, here you go Charlie boy as you ask we have a royal flush, beat that!

And then it turns out they're playing blackjack instead of poker and your hand is 20 over.

10+ Year Old Account

The card game the UK is playing looks more like this: