View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    1337 pages... nice...

I love how the topic name is still entirely relevant.
    It's been this long in the past I think but then someone will get themselves perma banned and it sheds a bunch.

Or maybe I'm imaginign things
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Greenland chose to not be in the EU.. that choice should be respected
    Very very wise people the Greenish. (Is that what you call them?)

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    you're the one leaving, not us. For most Europeans, it's going to be business as usual. Most European i know look at the Brexit thing with an amused eye. I guess some business having dealings with the UK might have some concerns, and the Irish, but beyond that, it's off you go now lad.
    Well if it were down to me we'd have been gone 4 years ago and taken a juicy UK/US trade deal with us at the same time. But them remainers you see, they couldn't accept democracy or the brexit vote and have caused us a world of pain and even now are still trying to reverse things.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    It's been this long in the past I think but then someone will get themselves perma banned and it sheds a bunch.

Or maybe I'm imaginign things
    So much more pleasant and civil now only the moderates are still here with me I feel
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    The manufacturing is done by Pfizer in Belgium, and the vaccine seem to need excessive cooling - so I don't know what will happen if there are any customs delays...
    It needs to be stored below -80°C, which basically means putting it in boxes with dry ice and hoping it doesn't take too long to transport. So getting stuck in a 50 mile traffic jam on the M20 would probably be rather counter-productive.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Well if it were down to me we'd have been gone 4 years ago and taken a juicy UK/US trade deal with us at the same time. But them remainers you see, they couldn't accept democracy or the brexit vote and have caused us a world of pain and even now are still trying to reverse things.
    Like Boris Johnson, Marc Francois and Jacob Rees-Mogg? If it hadn't been for them, the UK would have been out of the EU three years ago. And yeah, that's a problem with the Tories. Had a majority in parliament, couldn't even get the cabinet to vote for the government's proposals. Even with a 3 line whip (basically "vote against the party line, and you're out of the party").
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2020-11-10 at 07:48 PM.

seems like a tory problem given they have had power for 10 years not a remainer vs leaver problem.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    It needs to be stored below -80°C, which basically means putting it in boxes with dry ice and hoping it doesn't take too long to transport. So getting stuck in a 50 mile traffic jam on the M20 would probably be rather counter-productive.
    It's good for five days in a normal fridge/ice box though isn't it? If Brexit shuts the chunnel there are enough people coming across in rubber dinghies to do the deliveries such is the porosity of EU borders...

Like Boris Johnson, Marc Francois and Jacob Rees-Mogg? If it hadn't been for them, the UK would have been out of the EU three years ago.
    As I said unfortunately Theresa May and her cabinet of remainers stood in the way of the wishes of the people.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    seems like a tory problem given they have had power for 10 years not a remainer vs leaver problem.
    If only that arch brexiteer Corbyn had got in hey? Oh well shame for the remainers they ended up with our Boris.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

It's good for five days in a normal fridge/ice box though isn't it? If Brexit shuts the chunnel there are enough people coming across in rubber dinghies to do the deliveries such is the porosity of EU borders...

As I said unfortunately Theresa May and her cabinet of remainers stood in the way of the wishes of the people.

If only that arch brexiteer Corbyn had got in hey? Oh well shame for the remainers they ended up with our Boris.
    Actually it's because your Brexit leaders are incompetent otherwise you would have shut up and taken that no-deal by now.

Wasn't Brexit about stopping the rubber dinghies? Or is your post-brexit position that the UK is an immigration free for all?

a man who wrote two articles one pro remain and one pro leave and decided one would advance his career goals? thats your guy?

again the tories have all the power in this brexit disaster and have had since the ref. Seems like they cant govern very effectively no matter how many bootlickers line up for them. no wonder so many boomers are getting removed by covid in the UK.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Wasn't Brexit about stopping the rubber dinghies? Or is your post-brexit position that the UK is an immigration free for all?
    With the way the EU are harping on now about how they must protect the Irish border, breaking the GFA at the same time, because of brexit I am hoping they apply equality and start doing the same with the French/English channel/sea border. Am I wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    With the way the EU are harping on now about how they must protect the Irish border, breaking the GFA at the same time, because of brexit I am hoping they apply equality and start doing the same with the French/English channel/sea border. Am I wrong?
    You could always just cede Northern Ireland to the EU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Am I wrong?
    On various things.

So you cede control of your borders to the EU. Good to know the last 4 years have been worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Brexit is the "5 minutes" until Planet Namek is going to explode in DBZ. Longest 5 minutes until catastrophe ever.
    episode 1 : kaaa
    episode 2: aaaa
    epsiode 3 : meeeee
    episode 57 eeeee
    epsiode 100: haaaaaa
    episode 155: meeee
    etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    episode 1 : kaaa
    episode 2: aaaa
    epsiode 3 : meeeee
    episode 57 eeeee
    epsiode 100: haaaaaa
    episode 110 : piccolo gets a driving license
    episode 155: meeee
    etc.
    fixed for you

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    You could always just cede Northern Ireland to the EU.
    We don't really want it. it's a shithole that costs a fortune in subsidies (which we are mostly paying anyway). We would take it for the sake of maintaining peace but that wouldn't help either.

- - - Updated - - -

fixed for you
    Thank you. And my apologies for the mistake. Now let's do it again with the longest football pitch in the universe in captain Tsubasa.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    On various things.
    On the EU not really caring about fish because if there is no deal the UK will start selling fishing licenses as it does now, but to a greater extent, because it can't export fish to the EU anyway?
    Because the UK is so unprepared to handle trade at the borders it vowed to take back control of?
    Because Trump was not reelected as Boris hoped? Not that it would have made a difference.
    Because Biden and Harris got elected, and relations with the UK (or the EU for that matter) is nowhere near the top of their agenda because they are too busy with COVID and reversing Trump's mess? And that's without mentioning the fact that Biden remembers Johnson's not-too-mildly racist comments about Obama's half-kenyan ancestry. And if Biden might be annoyed about it, you can be sure Harris will be a bit more pissed off and less inclined and rushed to go save a racist, wannabe Trump from little England?

a man who wrote two articles one pro remain and one pro leave and decided one would advance his career goals? thats your guy?
    Seems like that's how he usually does it, but at least he didn't have the pre-EU one as a background image at that time.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-54892098

Do you always blame everyone else, for the mess you got yourself into?

Somehow in your little safespace bubble, the EU and the remainers are the cause for your failed shitshow brexit. Funny cus had it been up to them, there wouldnt have been a brexit whatsoever.

Everyone warned you it would be an absolute mess, yet here we are. grow a pair dude, seriously.

Ahahahhahahaha
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-54879209

P.S.
    Dribbles, you still didn't answer how exactly EU is forcing UK back to talks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Do you always blame everyone else, for the mess you got yourself into?
    Yes he does. Everything is either the EU's fault or the remainers fault, and never ever his own or Brexit's fault.
    Unless something good happened of course, then it's glory to Brexit.
    Or if something kinda neutral happened, then it's the best thing to happen since sliced bread, because Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Ahahahhahahaha
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-54879209

P.S.
    Dribbles, you still didn't answer how exactly EU is forcing UK back to talks.
    More brutal than anyone "where" expected? Because the UK and EU industry leaders have warned of exactly this since before the referendum. The only thing is that the EU planned and prepared to the extent it could and it will still hurt alot. The UK hasn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Yes he does. Everything is either the EU's fault or the remainers fault, and never ever his own or Brexit's fault.
    Unless something good happened of course, then it's glory to Brexit.
    Or if something kinda neutral happened, then it's the best thing to happen since sliced bread, because Brexit
    Tepid water was a fucking awesome achievement too. Don't dismiss it too quickly.