View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    On an international level however they suffered quite a bit of damage and with a new US president coming up that is Pro-EU and pro-facts, that won't aid them either not that donny boy would have given them any gifts though.
    Exactly this.

The "special relationship"... what a load of absolute shit.

Now that we have less influence in Europe, all the more reason to screw us harder, which is exactly what Trump was going to do. It remains to be seen about Biden, but he's made his priorities (GFA) pretty clear.

Seriously - we need a good fucking cull. Invade us, please. Start by nuking Fleet Street.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Exactly this.

The "special relationship"... what a load of absolute shit.

Now that we have less influence in Europe, all the more reason to screw us harder, which is exactly what Trump was going to do. It remains to be seen about Biden, but he's made his priorities (GFA) pretty clear.

Seriously - we need a good fucking cull. Invade us, please. Start by nuking Fleet Street.
    It's going to be tricky to nuke fleet street without turning the rest of london into a glass bowl.
    Don't expect too much from Biden, he'll be busy undoing whatever clusterfuck Trump has created for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    It's going to be tricky to nuke fleet street without turning the rest of london into a glass bowl.
    Don't expect too much from Biden, he'll be busy undoing whatever clusterfuck Trump has created for a while.
    Yeah I'm sure he'll be busy repairing relations with the EU, especially Germany. Making sure NATO allies know they can count on the US, and then it'll probably be internal issues, the US is a complete mess.

It's really a matter of the UK made their bed and now have to lay in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Yeah I'm sure he'll be busy repairing relations with the EU, especially Germany. Making sure NATO allies know they can count on the US, and then it'll probably be internal issues, the US is a complete mess.

Not to go off-topic to much but the apology tour worked after Bush because it was an exception, Trump makes it a pattern. The US is no longer a long term dependable ally.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Looks like the European Parliament doesnt feel like having a plenary on the 31st of December to ratify a possible deal.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Immanuel_...18391041241091

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post

A bit off topic but don't count on the EU just forgetting everything and getting back on good terms for longer than your terms last.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    A bit off topic but don't count on the EU just forgetting everything and getting back on good terms for longer than your terms last.
    Oh I hope we wont. America is beyond repair, but that does the fact, that’ll it will be a higher priority than saving the UK from their own brexit

It staggers me, the mentality of the hardcore brexiteers. Don't get me wrong- I never had any massive love for the EU, no real strong feelings (voted remain btw, the need to leave wasn't and still isn't obvious to me) and as much as I didn't like the referendum (a simple majority for something like this is just stupid imo), I accept the result. However, there is a clear gap between the idea of leaving and the practicality of leaving, that has become clearer and clearer. It baffles me how so many leave supporters have faith in the current government to be able to pull off the practical aspect of this. It is blatantly obvious that there was no real plan. When big supporters like Dyson and Ratcliffe start jumping ship, when most business leaders and market people are sounding the alarm, surely some leavers must now be thinking that even if they still want to leave, the people in charge of doing it have utterly botched this job and leaving like this (well, what it likely looks like) will not lead to the bounty that was promised and might not be in the best interests of the nation. I know we have the resident leaver, but that one is too.....zealous to reason with, but are there any not like him who thinks this is the right way to do it? And yes, I think the UK government has to bear the responsibility, it wasn't the EU who had the vote and instigated things, it was the UK.

I know the term death cult has been bandied around, but it is becoming more and more apt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Not to go off-topic to much but the apology tour worked after Bush because it was an exception, Trump makes it a pattern. The US is no longer a long term dependable ally.
    And here in the US, there is the ever present fear that even if we get Biden into office on January 21 peacefully and without too much more hassle, that 2024 will be the election of someone like Trump or worse. I thought that there was no way we would elect someone as bad as Bush to be President again. I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    It staggers me, the mentality of the hardcore brexiteers. Don't get me wrong- I never had any massive love for the EU, no real strong feelings (voted remain btw, the need to leave wasn't and still isn't obvious to me) and as much as I didn't like the referendum (a simple majority for something like this is just stupid imo), I accept the result. However, there is a clear gap between the idea of leaving and the practicality of leaving, that has become clearer and clearer. It baffles me how so many leave supporters have faith in the current government to be able to pull off the practical aspect of this. It is blatantly obvious that there was no real plan. When big supporters like Dyson and Ratcliffe start jumping ship, when most business leaders and market people are sounding the alarm, surely some leavers must now be thinking that even if they still want to leave, the people in charge of doing it have utterly botched this job and leaving like this (well, what it likely looks like) will not lead to the bounty that was promised and might not be in the best interests of the nation. I know we have the resident leaver, but that one is too.....zealous to reason with, but are there any not like him who thinks this is the right way to do it? And yes, I think the UK government has to bear the responsibility, it wasn't the EU who had the vote and instigated things, it was the UK.

I know the term death cult has been bandied around, but it is becoming more and more apt.
    Before this year, we had the suspicion this government wasn't capable of handling anything major and complex like Brexit. Now with the way they've handled Covid we can be utterly certain that they aren't capable of handling Brexit without making a massive shitstorm of failure out of it. Either they know this, and are pushing ahead with it anyway, or they don't know how clueless they are and we are being steered off a cliff-edge by the incarnation of Dunning-Kruger.

Either way, we're going to have the opportunity in the New Year to see how much they fail when faced with trying to manage two major catastrophies at the same time. Unless they come to their senses to step back from no-deal. I have no faith in their ability to act like responsible grown-ups, so I fear the worst sadly.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Before this year, we had the suspicion this government wasn't capable of handling anything major and complex like Brexit. Now with the way they've handled Covid we can be utterly certain that they aren't capable of handling Brexit without making a massive shitstorm of failure out of it. Either they know this, and are pushing ahead with it anyway, or they don't know how clueless they are and we are being steered off a cliff-edge by the incarnation of Dunning-Kruger.

Either way, we're going to have the opportunity in the New Year to see how much they fail when faced with trying to manage two major catastrophies at the same time. Unless they come to their senses to step back from no-deal. I have no faith in their ability to act like responsible grown-ups, so I fear the worst sadly.
    Or you just confirmed a bunch of bullies are in no iposition to negotiate with a block that, when united, is far superior in numbers, politically and economically

10+ Year Old Account
    New year won't bring issues it's the weeks after the no deal goes. When the stocks that are being rushed in now run out.

That's when the clusterfuck will unfold. Just read all the extra paper work it will take, add that cost and all the tariffs.

I fear the added cost will as always be something for the consumer to pay.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Kent lorry park to miss brexit day deadline

Things are continuing to go absolutely swimmingly for the UK government. It'll be until the end of February before that, they estimate.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post

Things are continuing to go absolutely swimmingly for the UK government. It'll be until the end of February before that, they estimate.
    Wait, the place earmarked for trucks to park incase of chaos at the border because of not being ready for Brexit is itself not ready?

Oh there is some hilarious irony there.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

And these brainless fuckers are STILL trying to blame the mess on the delays caused by Remainers, somehow. Our resistance to their insane plans gave them literally years extra to plan and prepare, and they still couldn't manage it. Mainly because they don't have the ability to run a bath properly, never mind a country.

The next couple of weeks are going to be interesting. In the Chinese curse sense of the word.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Even a super comprehensive FTA is not going to help. What a bunch of clowns.
    Is the february estimate taking into account the fact that the people building the parking lot will have to return to Romania and Bulgaria in 2 weeks?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Even a super comprehensive FTA is not going to help. What a bunch of clowns.
    Is the february estimate taking into account the fact that the people building the parking lot will have to return to Romania and Bulgaria in 2 weeks?
    Of course the many sensible millions who sought sanctuary in the UK from the EU can stay after transition end and are very welcome to do so. I still can't understand why remainers in the UK haven't gone the other way to the EU if they think life is so much better there.

Still time before the next lockdown you know, the tunnel is open and multiple ferries daily hint hint...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Of course the many sensible millions who sought sanctuary in the UK from the EU can stay after transition end and are very welcome to do so. I still can't understand why remainers in the UK haven't gone the other way to the EU if they think life is so much better there.

Still time before the next lockdown you know, the tunnel is open and multiple ferries daily hint hint...
    We're staying because the UK is going to be the best place in the world once we Brexit. You promised us.

Either that or it's going to be shit, and we're going to spend the remainder of our lives reminding you how stupid it was to do it. Couple of weeks until we find out. Reality breached your delusion shield yet, or is it still holding?

10+ Year Old Account
    When I asked a friend for an update about the Commission meeting, they replied with this image.

I think Benny would be an improvement over Boris at this point.
    Government Affiliated Snark

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    We're staying because the UK is going to be the best place in the world once we Brexit. You promised us.

Either that or it's going to be shit, and we're going to spend the remainder of our lives reminding you how stupid it was to do it. Couple of weeks until we find out. Reality breached your delusion shield yet, or is it still holding?
    Of course it is going to be good, the whole world ex EU want to trade with us freely without pilfering our fish. Just today another done deal with Mexico the 7th of 11 members of the CPTPP.

The UK has now secured trade deals with 58 countries, accounting for £198bn worth of trade annually.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/u...20WTO%20terms.

A few days prior to that:-

Another £18 billion of trade with Singapore.

https://twitter.com/trussliz

And all that in less than a year. These are not the Daily Express headlines anymore, but facts my dear, we don't need the EU sideshow believe me.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"