View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    take it you don't live in England.
    you need to pay for
    prescriptions.
    dental treatment
    some eye care

aparantly they also charge for wigs :/ thats just a bit mean really considering who needs them.
    You get that you pay taxes for the NHS? - It's not free in any way whatsoever.
    And the whole 'free at point of use' is retarded - It encourages stupid behavior.

but i suppose you want a what would i do if i was prime minister answer ?

well this isn't everything but here is my mini manifesto:

Defence
    first id leave Nato. we dont need it we already have a our own nucular deterrent that assures mutual destruction we also dont need to be spending 2% of gdp on defence id reduce it to 1.5% and position our forces on our key assets such as the Falklands, cyprus e.t.c so the like of Argentina dont think they can have another pop. if they do ruffle feathers putting a trident sub off south Georgia would be my go to policy to dissuade them.

i would also take a non aggression stance, non meddling stance if something dident pose i complete and direct threat the the UK then its not our business we arnt the world police, bombs are expensive.

Foreign affairs
    out side of nato we can foster close relations to Russia and China, most importantly china as thats where the money is. china atm is blocked from the US market but we can provide them a round about back door if they invest here (something if you notice is all ready happening to an extent)

id build up the commonwealth fostering closer ties and trade and immigration with India, Pakistan, Canada, Australia e.t.c i think we have neglected them for to long i think together the 1st world nations of the commonwealth can enrich all of the members for the better to create a truly global trading block and market. if we develop consumer markets in developing country's thats profit for both of us.

Economy
    this is a hard one as the conservatives have really tied us up with quantitative easing our dept to GDP is high at the moment but it's a bit fudged a good chunk of our dept is what our government owes its self through Quantitative easing i would reduce that down and also sell off our ownership in banks that we have from the financial crisis.

Social
    id scrap the current benefits system and replace it with public works. if you are unemployed the goverment will employ you to do work for the living wage 3-4 days a week giving you training and work fixing roads and infrastructure. doing forestry work, planting, waste management all the general low skilled work that makes the country a nice place to live in. id prioritise placing people to work in the areas they live to give them some pride in there area with only 3-4 days work that leaves them plenty of time to find other jobs if they dont like that work. for the disabled id give free it training and qualifications to allow them to work if possible if not then they get support.

university would become tuition free for all science, engineering and medical degrees. except doctorates that will still require the sponsorship system (so free but you have to be good enough to get it) the current system is just stupid as most students never pay that debt back anyway but this provides an incentive to take roles most beneficial to society

ill add some more when i have time... stay posted need to do my daily's and have a nap before the pub
    Defence:

The UK does NOT have their own deterrent. All we have are essentially American nukes being carried on our subs. In which we basically have to get US permission to launch since they are linked to US GPS.

Foreign Affairs: So you're a putinista got it. As for Commonwealth. None of them care for us and have their own little areas of interest. We're an island off Europe not some leading nation. India is building its influence in sub continent, Aus/NZ care about the asia pacific region, Carribean and Canada look towards the US, Africa is African Union and China looking. Malta/Cyprus are in EU.

Benefits:

These things you're talking about already are being done by people that work. Soon these jobs will fade away and be obsolete as machines will do it faster, more efficient, cheaper and can run 24/7 with very little human input it's not going to work.

University: All should be free no matter what, even those that idiots on the right consider useless actually have heavy focus on employers.

You have all the intelligence of a man down the pub who thinks they know more than the people who are experts in the field they are in. YOU and people like you are what is wrong with this country.

Deleted
    take away a sizable chunk of the EU's GDP and see how it handles Spain, Greece and Italy and at the same time give the toffs in downing street a fright
    Trivially?
    The soverign debt crisis is a wholly political problem.
    If it was just a question of money, the ECB could print money till kingdom come - The reason Greece, Italy, and Spain just doesn't get free money to solve their problems is because it wouldn't solve their problems.
    But if it did, it would be trivial to do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Defence:

The UK does NOT have their own deterrent. All we have are essentially American nukes being carried on our subs. In which we basically have to get US permission to launch since they are linked to US GPS.
    lols Just because you might need US permission to use their GPS to get to Tesco, doesn't mean Trident requires it to launch - clue it's not guided by gps.
    You must be on the phone to the US embassy constantly asking permission for this and that trip, don't they get fed up with it?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Deleted
    Defence:

Foreign Affairs: So you're a putinista got it. As for Commonwealth. None of them care for us and have their own little areas of interest. We're an island off Europe not some leading nation. India is building its influence in sub continent, Aus/NZ care about the asia pacific region, Carribean and Canada look towards the US, Africa is African Union and China looking. Malta/Cyprus are in EU.

Benefits:

These things you're talking about already are being done by people that work. Soon these jobs will fade away and be obsolete as machines will do it faster, more efficient, cheaper and can run 24/7 with very little human input it's not going to work.

University: All should be free no matter what, even those that idiots on the right consider useless actually have heavy focus on employers.

You have all the intelligence of a man down the pub who thinks they know more than the people who are experts in the field they are in. YOU and people like you are what is wrong with this country.
    Says you. Personaly I belive you are wants wrong with this country all whiny little cy baby with no ideas, no vision, no intelligence. Brexit is happening no amount of bitching is gonna change that grow a brain and help out of fuck off tbh

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    lols Just because you might need US permission to use their GPS to get to Tesco, doesn't mean Trident requires it to launch - clue it's not guided by gps.
    You must be on the phone to the US embassy constantly asking permission for this and that trip, don't they get fed up with it?
    ? Why would I talk to the US embassy?

7+ Year Old Account
    ? Why would I talk to the US embassy?
    I wasn't referring to you, but the soft southerner you just responded to :P

You are making a lot of sense, but I don't think they are going to get it, they have been radicalised by the EU from birth.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

15+ Year Old Account

You are making a lot of sense, but I don't think they are going to get it, they have been radicalised by the EU from birth.
    You know tripconn is a remainer, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    You know tripconn is a remainer, right?
    Are you sure? He is making a far better case for leaving than I ever could!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    He isn't. He's saying he thinks the British political class, westminister in particular, is a shithouse.
    - Lars

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, you probably should start reading his latest posts, because he acknowledged each and every problem he listed was not because of the EU. So if you agree with his points, you agree with the conclusion as well. Damn, you're a remainer now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Bearing in mind that your posts read like someone satirising the average rabid, logic free Brexit disciple, I'm pretty sure anyone can make a better case for leaving than you. The fact that you didn't manage to realise his position, despite him actually flat out stating it a few posts ago, says everything we need to know about your ability to gather and interpret facts, doesn't it? Did you think he was one of those "experts" that you decided you didn't want to listen to?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

there a difference. Scotland had a voice before devolution, and now Scotland has an even bigger voice that it uses to drown out every one else as a result Scotland gets the lions share of public spending where as Wales the north and northern Ireland gets conveniently ignored. the whole damn northern power house shit is a few extra bob for Manchester and A BLOODY TRAIN LINE TO LONDON! ffs

the kingdoms of the north (Northumbria and Celtic Rheged (yea funny how Cumbria gets left out of the Celtic recognition)) have just as much right to self determination and identity as Scotland hell there older and lasted far longer and as genealogy studies have shown the people of the north of England are as distinct as the Scottish and irish from the southern English we have our own culture and customs ( that the south loves to take the piss out off)
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...1.html#gallery
    Cumbria gets left out of the Celtic nations because it doesn't have a living Celtic language. Northumbria does not have the same claim to independence as Scotland because it submitted to Aethelstan and became part of the new kingdom of the English, later it was beaten into submission by the Normans like the rest of England so there we are.

Finally if you can't handle southerners taking the piss you should be ashamed to call yourself British, let alone a northerner.

- - - Updated - - -

i wondered that my self when talking Chinese company recently. best i came up with was large consumer market and back door into the US market which they told me is closed off to them. also close relations to a security council seat is probably and attraction with the whole NK and south seas thing going on. if you can steal america's so called best mate it also adds a propaganda feather to the cap
    Why would China care about our permanent seat on the security council?
    Last edited by Dhrizzle; 2017-12-30 at 12:27 AM.

Says you. Personaly I belive you are wants wrong with this country all whiny little cy baby with no ideas, no vision, no intelligence. Brexit is happening no amount of bitching is gonna change that grow a brain and help out of fuck off tbh
    Why the fuck should I help out something that is going to take away my rights becauser the illiterate, uneducated and going to be dead within the next 5 years were stupid enough to think it was a good idea.

I will NEVER support, get behind or even befriend brexit or any of their supporters.

I will protest, obstruct, counter argue. Basically anything and everything short of violent actions. I will also remember that this is not a "will of the people." as many who have the right to vote in UK elections were denied the right to vote in this decision. Done so because Cameron wanted to appease those Tory backbenchers who are UKIP in all but name by tilting the vote 5% minimum in favour of Brexit. I will side with the educated over the common pleb who thinks the man down the pub knows more than those who spent years educating themselves. Who overwhelmingly supported remain. Only a fool, the uneducated or the nationalist racist group (AKA Mail/Express/Sun/Dribbles) support this frankly shooting themsleves in the foot direction this country is going.

Also I have had ideas for europe for a long time. We realise as a continent that small states can't compete in the big world. We get rid of the petty nationalistic view of small countries with little future and Federalize. Full free movement of europeans which hurt no one that actually make efforts to work (sorry if you're not capable of working as well as a Pole you don't deserve the job.). But also not trusting the Tories we should put in social care of UBI, full free access to NHS and Third tier education. Federal push in infrastructure.

Use the fact that Europe is richer than the US and China to push for better deals for Europe. UK can't do that alone, hell GERMANY can not do that alone. Each EU nation alone is going to fall further down the ladder as larger nations modernize. That's the fact of life. But a Federal europe can, it will. That's what's needed. Strength in numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

No you idiot. Trident uses the US GPS as guidance to get from launch to Target. The US (Pentagon) actually knows where our tridents are, they know when we plan to test and everything else. If the UK wishes to launch and the US doesn't want us to. All they have to do is deny our tridents access to the GPS system and what you have is a very expensive dud. It can't target, it won't arm, it will just crash. Meaning what we have is basically a US deterrent on our subs.

Hell I am in support of a British deterrent but it shouldn't be reliant on the US or anyone. Or better yet a federal EU deterrent that is built, maintained and kept to deter those who would try to harm Europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except he's not pinning problems with domestical politics at the EU instead of Westminster.

That makes his position quite different from yours, when you've spent time here praising the UK government as a bastion of unrivalled democracy and representation.

Better to be a soft southerner (Although family comes from mostly north and mainland europe), than an express reader.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Yeah, you probably should start reading his latest posts, because he acknowledged each and every problem he listed was not because of the EU. So if you agree with his points, you agree with the conclusion as well. Damn, you're a remainer now.
    i think the EU is one great big bag of failed bureaucrats, totally undemocratic and completely doomed to fail without redemption
    i believe westminster isnt much better

liking nether isnt support for ither but yea i voted remain i sat the fence for 90% of the debate but at the booth decided on remain because i belived that britan could be an amazing trading country next decade when the likes of may and corbyn have retired

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Cumbria gets left out of the Celtic nations because it doesn't have a living Celtic language. Northumbria does not have the same claim to independence as Scotland because it submitted to Aethelstan and became part of the new kingdom of the English, later it was beaten into submission by the Normans like the rest of England so there we are.

Finally if you can't handle southerners taking the piss you should be ashamed to call yourself British, let alone a northerner.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would China care about our permanent seat on the security council?
    well that ignores the danelaw which we were happy enough with to fight for
    also WTF do you think cumbric is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumbric

- - - Updated - - -

Why the fuck should I help out something that is going to take away my rights becauser the illiterate, uneducated and going to be dead within the next 5 years were stupid enough to think it was a good idea.

I will NEVER support, get behind or even befriend brexit or any of their supporters.

I will protest, obstruct, counter argue. Basically anything and everything short of violent actions. I will also remember that this is not a "will of the people." as many who have the right to vote in UK elections were denied the right to vote in this decision. Done so because Cameron wanted to appease those Tory backbenchers who are UKIP in all but name by tilting the vote 5% minimum in favour of Brexit. I will side with the educated over the common pleb who thinks the man down the pub knows more than those who spent years educating themselves. Who overwhelmingly supported remain. Only a fool, the uneducated or the nationalist racist group (AKA Mail/Express/Sun/Dribbles) support this frankly shooting themsleves in the foot direction this country is going.

Also I have had ideas for europe for a long time. We realise as a continent that small states can't compete in the big world. We get rid of the petty nationalistic view of small countries with little future and Federalize. Full free movement of europeans which hurt no one that actually make efforts to work (sorry if you're not capable of working as well as a Pole you don't deserve the job.). But also not trusting the Tories we should put in social care of UBI, full free access to NHS and Third tier education. Federal push in infrastructure.

Use the fact that Europe is richer than the US and China to push for better deals for Europe. UK can't do that alone, hell GERMANY can not do that alone. Each EU nation alone is going to fall further down the ladder as larger nations modernize. That's the fact of life. But a Federal europe can, it will. That's what's needed. Strength in numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

No you idiot. Trident uses the US GPS as guidance to get from launch to Target. The US (Pentagon) actually knows where our tridents are, they know when we plan to test and everything else. If the UK wishes to launch and the US doesn't want us to. All they have to do is deny our tridents access to the GPS system and what you have is a very expensive dud. It can't target, it won't arm, it will just crash. Meaning what we have is basically a US deterrent on our subs.

Hell I am in support of a British deterrent but it shouldn't be reliant on the US or anyone. Or better yet a federal EU deterrent that is built, maintained and kept to deter those who would try to harm Europe.
    your rights ? hahahahaa omg you dont have a right to be in the EU, you need to learn what rights are you sound like one of those frothing liberals "but muh rights" brexit happend fuck me get over it were leaving nows the time to make the best of it not look like some crying babe who had his rattle taken away. you get what you fight for in life not what you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Better to be a soft southerner (Although family comes from mostly north and mainland europe), than an express reader.
    dont read the express but also dont like toffs its just part of being from the north

well that ignores the danelaw which we were happy enough with to fight for
    Well you had a puppet king put in place by the Danes but I'm pretty sure the county of Northumberland goes beyond what was established as the Danelaw. Besides Aethelstan came at the end of the Danelaw and the Normans establishing control mark the end of the Viking age in England.

also WTF do you think cumbric is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumbric
    A long-dead language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Extinct languages don't really count for much concerning politics. Cumbric has been dead for centuries per your own link.

The difference to variants of Gaelic is that those actually have living native speakers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Extinct languages don't really count for much concerning politics. Cumbric has been dead for centuries per your own link.

The difference to variants of Gaelic is that those actually have living native speakers.
    only because they revived the language. all brands of celtic were dead at one point

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Well you had a puppet king put in place by the Danes but I'm pretty sure the county of Northumberland goes beyond what was established as the Danelaw. Besides Aethelstan came at the end of the Danelaw and the Normans establishing control mark the end of the Viking age in England.

A long-dead language.
    just like welsh and scots gealic and what ever the fuck the irish have revived

also when the fuck did having you old language revived become a precursor to self determination ? that comes after you get recognition as a distinct group.
    Last edited by mmoc56f3565a46; 2017-12-30 at 09:29 AM.

I so wish you were right, but a quick look at Wikipedia actually says that the new targetting system does not rely on GPS but rather inertia guidance and star references, of all things. So 1970s, if you ask me, but that's how it reads here...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triden...I_D-5_missiles
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.