View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    what the rules the uk signed up and are failing to uphold? no renegotiation sorry old chum.

France makes a threat, the uk rolls over and licenses till jan...kicking the can down the road, must be brexit
    It's being reported everywhere here as Le grand surrender

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ights-row.html

Given that our Boris is more popular, not just marginally more popular but massively so oh lala, in France than Macron I guess the French have realised that impounding a Scottish boat and kidnapping an Irish skipper was never going to be a propaganda win for them. Did they really expect the EU to support that act of piracy against Brexit Britain?

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...-by-the-french

Shame our Brexit Boris doesn't stand for election in France really, over time he'd probably be elected to run all of the EU if you had the chance to vote for him eurochums!
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post

Given that our Boris is more popular, not just marginally more popular but massively so oh lala, in France than Macron I guess the French have realised that impounding a Scottish boat and kidnapping an Irish skipper was never going to be a propaganda win for them. Did they really expect the EU to support that act of piracy against Brexit Britain?

Shame our Brexit Boris doesn't stand for election in France really, over time he'd probably be elected to run all of the EU if you had the chance to vote for him eurochums!
    I'd never vote for someone as shortsighted, bigoted and idiotic as Boris Johnson. He's the Mark Rutte/ Wilders/ Baudet of England.

1. Boris is getting steadily less popular lately. Have you not looked at the polls? People are starting to get tired of his clowning around when he's supposed to be a statesman.
    2. The Express and Mail reporting things one way doesn't make it so. Those right wing rags pander purely to their ageing racist readership.

As always, let's see what position we're in when the dust settles. History suggests that Boris has a solid track record of talking big then backing down. So that's where my money will go. The French, despite their reputation, can be stubborn bastards when the mood takes them. And when they think someone is screwing them over, that generally puts them in the mood.

Still no comment from you on the report that Brexit has given us double the negative hit to the economy of Covid, I see. Still ignoring it and hoping it goes away?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Another one for dribbles list of "Brexit wins":

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1950800.html

Yes, we're having to send meat to the EU to be butchered and sent back, because we're so short on skilled people in this country. Now we just need to find out how dribbles thinks this is a positive thing. I can't wait to find out!
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post

Yes, we're having to send meat to the EU to be butchered and sent back, because we're so short on skilled people in this country. Now we just need to find out how dribbles thinks this is a positive thing. I can't wait to find out!
    The fact they chose to deal with customs twice is rather telling in how they really have no other option.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The fact they chose to deal with customs twice is rather telling in how they really have no other option.
    £1,500 in additional costs per truck. Which will help to put food prices up, which will increase inflation still further. No end to the Brexit winning.

10+ Year Old Account

Okay that is just.. Hilarious and sad in equal measures

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Okay that is just.. Hilarious and sad in equal measures
    Sadlarious
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Sounds like, thanks to Brexit, we can do this favour for the EU and give their butchers work that the good British people are just beyond doing, it's beneath them. What an amazing Brexit Benefit, so strong that it's also managed to be a benefit for the EU, too!
    last part isnt what Dribbles would say.

Apparently France "folded" because the UK began issuing the licenses France were requesting. No shame in stepping down, when the opposite part finally begins to cooperate.

Not sure why you have such a desire for confrontations with the EU, it does not benefit the UK or the EU, it's a lose/lose, altho I guess you could care less from Australia.

- - - Updated - - -

Fake news, the staff shortage etc. is not a Brexit matter, it hits everyone!!11 /s

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Oh, I'm unbanned, I can reply!

I imagine nobody. Just a general cleaning of burner shit and replies to said shit.

Edit: A lot of the threads I've just been in have had a ghost page or two, so maybe someone really was deleted
    Try to stay unbanned, ffs. Bad enough that I get banned for perfectly harmless stuff...

- - - Updated - - -

It's great because that way food gets more expensive and the poor get culled in a natural process. And dribs gets to watch the carnage on TV when people fight over rice as the primary food source like in a third world country.

He's all about the entertainment value, you should know that by now.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Still no comment from you on the report that Brexit has given us double the negative hit to the economy of Covid, I see. Still ignoring it and hoping it goes away?
    That statement is based on projections, looking at the tea leaves if you will, by the OBR. They are wrong. The voters purged the commons of an remainers, shame we don't have the power to do the same with the civil service and their gold plated employment contracts.

It will happen naturally over time though, but until then the Office for Budget Remainability should be ignored and swatted now and then by Brexiteers like the irritating unelected insect it is.

£1,500 in additional costs per truck. Which will help to put food prices up, which will increase inflation still further. No end to the Brexit winning.
    So Huey I'd like to thank you for this titbit, why you might ask? Imagine a lorry with a million sausages in it, and you say the increased admin costs of that lorry cos of Brexit are 1500 quid? What does that work out to be per sausage then less than a penny? So we have a new slogan for the many other nations considering their own exit.

A penny on a sausage is the price of freedom from the EU. I can see that on the side of a bus in Germany!

Well worth it they will say, if lucky enough to ever get that democratic referendum. Will they ever be allowed is the question, and if not why not.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

That statement is based on projections, looking at the tea leaves if you will, by the OBR. They are wrong. The voters purged the commons of an remainers, shame we don't have the power to do the same with the civil service and their gold plated employment contracts.

It will happen naturally over time though, but until then the Office for Budget Remainability should be ignored and swatted now and then by Brexiteers like the irritating unelected insect it is.

So Huey I'd like to thank you for this titbit, why you might ask? Imagine a lorry with a million sausages in it, and you say the increased admin costs of that lorry cos of Brexit are 1500 quid? What does that work out to be per sausage then less than a penny? So we have a new slogan for the many other nations considering their own exit.

A penny on a sausage is the price of freedom from the EU. I can see that on the side of a bus in Germany!

Well worth it they will say, if lucky enough to ever get that democratic referendum. Will they ever be allowed is the question, and if not why not.
    Amazing, 1 post both rejecting the increased costs, and also accepting it.

I highly doubt you can fit a million sausages into a lorry

That statement is based on projections, looking at the tea leaves if you will, by the OBR. They are wrong.
    There we have it, ladies and gentlemen. Dribbles says that the professional economists are wrong. He knows better about what will happen to the economy. All bow down to dribbles, he who knows everything.

Mind you, if we look back at his track record for predicting things the last few years, I'm pretty sure he's batting close to zero. So I have NO idea where this degree of confidence comes from. Dunning Kruger, I assume.

Imagine a lorry with a million sausages in it
    Even if we ignore packaging, you'd need between 2 and 4 lorries to get a million sausages in. With packaging, I suspect it would be closer to 4 to 8. So your maths if off straight away. Which could mean adding 1.2p onto the price of each sausage, which is about a 2% increase (based on 60p a sausage). On top of existing inflation rises.

See, this is where your inability to relate to ordinary people lets you down. You see small increases like this and laugh them off, because you're not sitting there wondering if you'll be able to pay your heating bill and shop for food with your next pay packet. While people see inflation heading towards 3, 4, 5% with things like this not even factoring in yet. And for most people, they aren't seeing wage rises like that. Not even close. With Tory tax rises, increased Council Tax bills due to government changes, benefit cuts and below inflation pay rises shit like this is going to matter. To ordinary people, like those that you constantly claim to speak for.

Stick to your ivory tower, leave the real world to the rest of us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    You can't. I've done the maths that he didn't. I guess it makes a change from reading the linked articles that he didn't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Doesn't that depend on the size of said sausage? I mean sure maybe not jumbo sausages, but how about little chipolatas?

Anyhow enough distraction as I munch my sausage sandwich for lunch I'm pouring over the daily news to absorb some more facts and what should I come across. I ought to share this nugget methinks....

Give us what we want, or we leave! EU crisis as Germany and France issued Nexit ultimatum. Euroscepticism in the Netherlands has been growing since Brexit and the UK's voice of reason's departure from the EU's table.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...nmark-eurozone

Hard to keep up with the dissatisfaction of EU members and the desires to mirror Brexit.

Doesn't that depend on the size of said sausage? I mean sure maybe not jumbo sausages, but how about little chipolatas?

Anyhow enough distraction as I munch my sausage sandwich for lunch I'm pouring over the daily news to absorb some more facts and what should I come across. I ought to share this nugget methinks....

Give us what we want, or we leave! EU crisis as Germany and France issued Nexit ultimatum. Euroscepticism in the Netherlands has been growing since Brexit and the UK's voice of reason's departure from the EU's table.

Hard to keep up with the dissatisfaction of EU members and the desires to mirror Brexit.
    And once again, dribbles reads an article reporting ANOTHER article written by one person in Holland that is pushing for a NEXIT and decides that means the entire country wants to leave. Which it doesn't. The EU has a 66% favourable view of the EU.

Stop wishing for things that aren't real dribbles. You're doing it for Brexit. You're doing it for the EU. Focus on the real world and maybe you'll be able to start making posts that don't waste everyone's time.

EU members do not want to mirror the shitshow that is brexit. Single persons who are as ignorant as you are might tho.

So you get called out on your bullshit and you gloss over it with more bullshit. Big surprise. Almost as big as the surprise that you advertise for the merit of small sausages.

It's a bit more than that, or did you think the butchers in the EU do their job for free? The 1500 quid is just customs. But you're dishonestly glossing over the fact that the revenue for that entire lorry's worth of butchering ends up in the EU, securing EU jobs and salaries, increasing our GDP, decreasing yours... Thank you, it is quite unselfish for you to promote something that benefits the EU, very unlike you, too.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.