View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    The UK is preparing to withdraw from major EU research programmes and deny Brussels £15bn.

https://www.cityam.com/uk-to-deny-eu...nd-settlement/

In another fantastic Brexit benefit we find today billions more in savings, billions of benefits in fact, thanks to the UK leaving the EU. The list of benefits grows by the day....
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    The UK is preparing to withdraw from major EU research programmes and deny Brussels £15bn.

In another fantastic Brexit benefit we find today billions more in savings, billions of benefits in fact, thanks to the UK leaving the EU. The list of benefits grows by the day....
    ROFLMAO, that's like celebrating celebrating pulling $1,000 out of google before it went public. The program you are "saving" money from will lead to innovations and roadmaps that will pay for their investments many folds. You should read your own link the UK government is not happy about this, they seem to be very upset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    ROFLMAO, that's like celebrating celebrating pulling $1,000 out of google before it went public. The program you are "saving" money from will lead to innovations and roadmaps that will pay for their investments many folds. You should read your own link the UK government is not happy about this, they seem to be very upset.
    I haven't read the article, but the URL "If there is no Northern Ireland agreement" ... THERE IS ONE. The UK signed it and everything.

You realize this is the EU blocking the UK from participating, not the UK deciding they don’t want to?

Allow me to translate this:

In attempting to get out of the agreement they signed related to Nortern Ireland as part of the Brexit deal, the UK is threatening to withhold funds to EU scientific investment schemes. These schemes presumably represent very good value for money, because otherwise why would the UK specifically agree to spend this money when they were trying to distance themselves from the EU in as many ways as possible?

In short, the UK is attempting to "win" in the NI discussions with the EU by pointing a gun at their own foot (threatening to trigger Article 16 and break the GFA). Since this hasn't worked, they've upped the stakes and pointed a second gun at their other foot (withdrawing from schemes that they specifically wanted to stay in).

There really is no end to the stupidity of these Brexiteers. No wonder all the trade deals we're getting are so shit. These people couldn't negotiate a discount with a double glazing firm.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Allow me to translate this:

In attempting to get out of the agreement they signed related to Nortern Ireland as part of the Brexit deal, the UK is threatening to withhold funds to EU scientific investment schemes. These schemes presumably represent very good value for money, because otherwise why would the UK specifically agree to spend this money when they were trying to distance themselves from the EU in as many ways as possible?

In short, the UK is attempting to "win" in the NI discussions with the EU by pointing a gun at their own foot (threatening to trigger Article 16 and break the GFA). Since this hasn't worked, they've upped the stakes and pointed a second gun at their other foot (withdrawing from schemes that they specifically wanted to stay in).

There really is no end to the stupidity of these Brexiteers. No wonder all the trade deals we're getting are so shit. These people couldn't negotiate a discount with a double glazing firm.
    You presume too much. No funds we spent in the EU were very good value for money to the UK, that's why people voted to leave - For decades it was a total waste of money. You are never going to persuade people to re-join if that's not understood.

How on earth does it make sense to spend £15bn in EU vanity projects when we could, as is proposed in another Brexit benefit, spend all of that money in the UK instead? The costs of EU membership were devastating to the UK and to its individual citizens.

Thank heavens we dared to dream, we are out and no longer personally or as a nation have to suffer in future those extreme costs throwing money down the EU drain for no UK benefit.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

You presume too much. No funds we spent in the EU were very good value for money to the UK, that's why people voted to leave - For decades it was a total waste of money. You are never going to persuade people to re-join if that's not understood.

How on earth does it make sense to spend £15bn in EU vanity projects when we could, as is proposed in another Brexit benefit, spend all of that money in the UK instead? The costs of EU membership were devastating to the UK and to its individual citizens.

Thank heavens we dared to dream, we are out and no longer personally or as a nation have to suffer in future those extreme costs throwing money down the EU drain for no UK benefit.
    The UK begged to remain in these research grant programmes during the negotiations. It would be the UK's loss if they didn't do so going forwards.

Your genius negotiators wanted to pay that money, and stay in those schemes. Boris wanted it. Frost wanted it. They negotiated a deal that kept them in those schemes, and it required the payments they agreed to. Now, if you're finally starting to admit that they didn't know what the fuck they were doing, then congratulations on catching up with the rest of us.

So that's your choice; either our Brexit negotiators were idiots, and signed us up to something that was a waste of money. Or it wasn't a waste of money, and they're now threatening to take us out of something beneficial. Which one is it dribbles?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

All I know is either way with how things a going Britain is basically saying "If you sign a deal with us, burn it, they're not worth the paper they're printed on." with how the shit is going on with these negotiations are going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I haven't read the article, but the URL "If there is no Northern Ireland agreement" ... THERE IS ONE. The UK signed it and everything.
    Since when does the UK's signature mean anything?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    All I know is either way with how things a going Britain is basically saying "If you sign a deal with us, burn it, they're not worth the paper they're printed on." with how the shit is going on with these negotiations are going.
    Nonsense. Article 16 is an agreed EU/UK mechanism that is there to be used. Just as the EU recently triggered it first, but then backed down.

Now it is the UK's turn. Triggering Article 16 is complying with the deal, not burning it, there were no complaints when the EU used it.

I wonder what comes after, will the EU start a trade war and can the EU afford it? After all over the last 10 years they have sold £2,348,443,000,000 of goods to the UK and it places all that money in jeopardy going forwards should they decide to do so...

https://facts4eu.org/news/2021_nov_eu_trade_war

Nonsense. Article 16 is an agreed EU/UK mechanism that is there to be used. Just as the EU recently triggered it first, but then backed down.

Now it is the UK's turn. Triggering Article 16 is complying with the deal, not burning it, there were no complaints when the EU used it.

I wonder what comes after, will the EU start a trade war and can the EU afford it? After all over the last 10 years they have sold £2,348,443,000,000 of goods to the UK and it places all that money in jeopardy going forwards should they decide to do so...
    In 2019, 43% of all UK exports went to the EU
    In 2019, 52% of all UK imports came from the EU

Can the UK afford to lose half of its total external trade?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    In 2019, 43% of all UK exports went to the EU
    In 2019, 52% of all UK imports came from the EU

Can the UK afford to lose half of its total external trade?
    Wait til dribbles finds out that trade is for mutual benefit and not a one way street.

Who owns that website? Putin?

It's a lost cause, but at some point you'll realise that the EU is a much larger partner to the UK, than the UK is to the EU.

The EU is half the UK's trade. The UK is not half the EU's trade.

No one wins a trade war, that's a given. However one will lose more trade than the other, in this case the UK.

I'm not sure how many different ways this needs to be explained, for you to understand it.

It's easy for the brits to shout "trade waaaarrzzz", when they know, that the EU is a pragmatic organisation, and does not rely on nationalistic feelings (thank god). It'll act to it's members economic and security benefits, and not Onslow's dreaming of Churchill.

This is why nobody takes you seriously dribbles. You can't even stay logically consistent between paragraphs.

You are correct. They threatened to use it, then backed down when there was almost universal condemnation of that action. They started to do something stupid, realised that it was the wrong thing because of the backlash, and changed course.

Oh dear. So they backed down, specifically because of the complaints about it, in your first paragraph. Then in your second paragraph nobody complained about it.

Please try and keep your thoughts straight for longer than it takes to start a new paragraph. I know cognitive dissonance is difficult to cope with, and keeping the dream of Brexit in your mind alongside the reality of the damage it's doing to the country is going to confuse you. But you're just making yourself look bad with posts like this.

It's almost as shameful as the recent behaviour of your Brexit idols. Boris trying to remove oversight of MPs to cover up his £25k a night "free" holiday and flat refurbishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    It's a lost cause, but at some point you'll realise that the EU is a much larger partner to the UK, than the UK is to the EU.

The EU is half the UK's trade. The UK is not half the EU's trade.

No one wins a trade war, that's a given. However one will lose more trade than the other, in this case the UK.

I'm not sure how many different ways this needs to be explained, for you to understand it.

It's easy for the brits to shout "trade waaaarrzzz", when they know, that the EU is a pragmatic organisation, and does not rely on nationalistic feelings (thank god). It'll act to it's members economic and security benefits, and not Onslow's dreaming of Churchill.
    Not to mention the fact that the UK has even increased its dependency on EU trade with the current “export pigs to get slaughtered in EU” thing. That’s going straight down the drain with a trade war, exacerbating that issue once more.

I'm actually beginning to like Brexit. The idiot nationalists who voted this stupidity in are finally suffering from their own actions. So is everyone else obviously, but people who aren't thick as fucking shit adapt better.

Quote Originally Posted by blapdris View Post
    -Snip-
    You've literally made hundreds upon hundreds of accounts to cheer on Brexit.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-11-08 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You've literally made hundreds upon hundreds of accounts to cheer on Brexit.
    No I haven't. Not everyone is dribbles or the other pro-brexit cunt whose handle I can't remember.