View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Armael View Post
    It's so disingenuous to post absolute rubbish, get well formulated counter-posts made towards it and then ignore it for 12-24 hours and when you next pop in the thread, just post another different false piece of rubbish. Can Dribbles actually address the owns in the past few pages he ignores after they were posted, or is bad faith posting allowed here all of a sudden?
    We've got a solid audit trail of dribbles failures now. A lot of what he's posting is effectively repeats of previously debunked lies, but it doesn't hurt to reiterate not only that they're wrong, but exactly why. So if anyone does poke their head into this thread hoping to be educated on exactly what's going on with Brexit, they can easily get the facts.

In a very real way, dribbles is helping the anti-Brexit process. He's documenting the lies they use, and allowing us to explain what is wrong about them. He's also highlighting how ridiculous anyone still supporting Brexit is at this point. Because regardless of why you voted for it, the fact is it's been hugely damaging in a vast number of ways. Anyone that chooses to ignore all of that to continue to trumpet the wonder of Brexit looks ridiculous.

So I say keep it up dribbles. Every post you make, every stat you fake. I'll be watching you. And laughing.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Every post you make, every stat you fake. I'll be watching you.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEnJDaqT3-0 ? Sorry, I had to XD

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    You could also link to the official video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOGaugKpzs

It's so disingenuous to post absolute rubbish, get well formulated counter-posts made towards it and then ignore it for 12-24 hours and when you next pop in the thread, just post another different false piece of rubbish. Can Dribbles actually address the owns in the past few pages he ignores after they were posted, or is bad faith posting allowed here all of a sudden?
    I do find this thread quite amusing these days, Dribbles still proclaiming Brexit as a great victory never gets old and his nonsense is easy to debunk

I'm pretty sure a year later other forum uses (none troll) from the UK would have noticed by now and would be joining with Dribbles in saying Brexit is great/fine/ok/not bad etc... But nobody has, anybody with any sense can see Brexit is still a dumpster fire While we are not starving, everything is creeping up in price and the boarders and NI are still not sorted out a year later!

I declare Dribbles himself as a Brexit benefit! without Dribbles I'm sure this thread would have died long ago... thank you Dribbles for constantly reminding us what a bad idea Brexit was.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well there was also that one called sircaw, who was claiming he always got banned because he was pro Brexit

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    I do find this thread quite amusing these days, Dribbles still proclaiming Brexit as a great victory never gets old and his nonsense is easy to debunk

I'm pretty sure a year later other forum uses (none troll) from the UK would have noticed by now and would be joining with Dribbles in saying Brexit is great/fine/ok/not bad etc... But nobody has, anybody with any sense can see Brexit is still a dumpster fire While we are not starving, everything is creeping up in price and the boarders and NI are still not sorted out a year later!

I declare Dribbles himself as a Brexit benefit! without Dribbles I'm sure this thread would have died long ago... thank you Dribbles for constantly reminding us what a bad idea Brexit was.
    Thanks. I never thought of myself as a Brexit benefit before.

You only have to read my signature as to why almost no-one from the UK needs to debate why Brexit is a great idea. It's so obvious and like asking if you prefer the sky sunny Brexit blue or rainy Remain grey.

Every time the British people get the chance at the ballot box to express a desire to Rejoin EU, rainy remain/rejoin is decisively rejected.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Thanks. I never thought of myself as a Brexit benefit before.

You only have to read my signature as to why almost no-one from the UK needs to debate why Brexit is a great idea. It's so obvious and like asking if you prefer the sky sunny Brexit blue or rainy Remain grey.

Every time the British people get the chance at the ballot box to express a desire to Rejoin EU, rainy remain/rejoin is decisively rejected.
    Objectively ignoring the sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You didn't want to update it with the more recent "poll" of voters, huh? Can't imagine why.

Meanwhile...
    Brexit: UK food imports face disruption because ‘medieval’ government IT system not ready for red tape

How many years has it been and this country is still not fucking ready?!
    Yes, these are the people we're relying on to make a "success" of Brexit. They had total control over the timeframe that Brexit took place in, so they could give themselves as much time as they needed to get everything ready. They've failed repeatedly, because they didn't understand what they were doing and the implications of it, and had little understanding to the mechanisms they were breaking while they did it. Remember Raab not realising that trade went through Dover?

Brexiteers are, to a man, fucking idiots. They're like toddlers smashing things up, then throwing tantrums because their toys don't work anymore. Brexit might, just might, have worked with people in charge with functioning brains. But that's purely theoretical, because anyone clever enough to try and make a success of Brexit would be clever enough not to do it in the first place.

And this is what I've been saying recently; Brexit has been the failure it has been without even being implemented completely. It's become as unpopular as it is while the negative ramifications of leaving haven't come to full fruition. I'm expecting 2022 to see a further erosion of the remaining small support. By the end of the year I'd be surprised to see anyone admitting to supporting it anywhere except forums like this where you can remain anonymous. Brexit has already failed. It's already died. But like a dinosaur, the body hasn't realised that the tiny brain running it has ceased to exist yet. 2022 will be the year that it realises.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Happy new year guys, may the new year bring more entertainment and exciting developments!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Objectively ignoring the sarcasm.
    Not even that, but ignoring the rest of the paragraph

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Not even that, but ignoring the rest of the paragraph
    Credit where credit is due It was a thing of beauty!

Another benefit!
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

@Huehuecoyotl Then carry on! If the rubbish he posts helps us outline how it's all wrong and to teach others, then I guess that works.

@Huehuecoyotl Then carry on! If the rubbish he posts helps us outline how it's all wrong and to teach others, then I guess that works.
    And on that note.......

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...says-food-body

Yes, another group of people that actually understand how trade works stating plainly that Brexit is going to make trade harder, goods more expensive and the whole process slower. Because what better way to handle a cost of living squeeze, than to push the cost of living up even further?

For all of Boris's "get Brexit done" bullshit, it hasn't been done yet. We're STILL in the process of implementing it, and the full horrifying implications of it haven't even been felt yet. And even with that, support for it had fallen to 18% before this latest set of Brexit downsides start to bite. Still, at least it's only minor imports like *checks notes* food. Oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Still, at least it's only minor imports like *checks notes* food. Oh.
    A welcome opportunity for Britons to produce all needed food locally. If you want onion powder why not start a herb garden, grow some onions in your backyard and sell the surplus to your neighbors.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm the only one here currently posting anything that makes sense, more than 5 years on from the referendum and you still don't get it.

These guys https://therejoineuparty.com/ polled less than 0.1% at the last UK ballot of just shy of 100,000 people. And to this day, like all the remainers on here they have no clue as to why that is, why they lost the Brexit referendum and continue to lose every meaningful poll that takes place. If you want to reverse Brexit surely you have to understand why it happened in the first place? Not a single person on this forum recently appears to and it has nothing to do with tangerines from Spain possibly being held up rotting in Calais.

It's New Year, sitting at the top of the beautiful Brexit mountain of benefits here looking down upon you all I'm feeling generous today, and there's a clarity of vision up here that seems to missing down there with you lot in the valley. Let me try to blow your fog away.

This remainer wrote this song not long ago from a brexiteer perspective, he gets it and it is as valid today as ever and explains why Brexit will never be reversed. I really shouldn't have to be posting this...

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I'm the only one here currently posting anything that makes sense.
    It's only the first of January, but I think this is a strong candidate for joke of the year.

And to this day, like all the remainers on here they have no clue as to why that is, why they lost the Brexit referendum and continue to lose every meaningful poll that takes place. If you want to reverse Brexit surely you have to understand why it happened in the first place
    We do know why: Remainers used rational arguments that people didn't (want to) understand, and Leavers used irrational arguments that people wanted to be true. In addition, Leavers promised voters everything, even though it wasn't actually possible to deliver everything. Rational arguments are usually fairly boring, and the status quo is hard to sell when the other side can make up everything from the second coming of Jesus Christ to leprechauns riding pink unicorns jumping over rainbows and throwing gold coins out of their panniers.

The fact that so many Leave voters are unhappy with how Brexit is going demonstrates exactly why Leave was able to win, because if the referendum had been "remain, soft brexit, medium brexit, hard brexit" instead of the binary choice of "in or out", then the vote share would have been something like 49% remain, 20% soft-brexit, 20% medium-brexit, 11% hard-brexit and the UK would still be in the EU, because none of the Leave options on their own would have been able to gain a majority.

In other news, here's a new poll. I know you love polls.

"One year to the day since the UK left the European Union’s economic structures, the people of Britain believe Brexit has done the country more harm than good, according to a new poll."

A couple of headlines for you:

57% of respondents believe that Boris Johnson lied to them about what Brexit would be like during the referendum campaign
    51% of respondents would opt to rejoin the EU if given another vote
    51% of respondents want a re-join referendum at some point, 39% want it in the next 5 years
    38% of respondents said that Brexit had damaged the UK, against 27% who said it had improved matters
    39% of Leave voters said that Brexit had benefited the UK's interests, 34% said it had made no difference, 18% said Brexit had harmed the UK's interests
    51% of respondents said that Brexit had made it more difficult to access goods and services
    The majority of Brexit forecasts by Remain campaigners were judged to be more accurate that those postulated by Leave campaigners

On the topic of voting to re-join the EU:

77 per cent of 18 to 24-year-olds, 73 per cent of 25 to 34-year-olds, 59 per cent of 35 to 44-year-olds and 54 per cent of 45 to 54-year-olds said they would back renewed EU membership in a yes/no referendum, while only a majority of respondents in the age-bands of 55-64 and 65+ would vote against re-joining.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1980372.html

I'm the only one here currently posting anything that makes sense
    Start things off with a joke. Straight out of the textbook for after dinner speeches.

It's New Year, sitting at the top of the beautiful Brexit mountain of benefits here looking down upon you all
    And yet you still haven't provided us with that list of benefits you claim to have. You linked to a website that had 5, and the only one of those that could be described as a change related to Brexit was the one that allowed water companies to pump raw sewage into our rivers and seas. Not sure I'd call that a benefit, but you be you. Hell, Boris just gave a speech trying to list the benefits, and his attempts were just as laughable as yours. Wow, we can put a crown on the side of a pint glass, that's totally worth losing 4% of our GDP.

You also pointed us to an article about what Brexit means to our economy. Which showed that the damage to the Finance sector alone is £350m a week. Strangely you've been silent about that since I pointed it out to you.

You've shot your bolt dribbles. You can make as many of these "Brexit is brilliant" posts as you like; it doesn't make it real. You can't wish a successful Brexit into reality. The fact is that it's shit. And pretty much everyone now knows that it's shit. And the changes about to take effect from today are going to make it worse. People have turned against it in huge numbers, and when that happens you know that the politicians won't be far behind.

Brexit is dying. You could argue it's already dead. The long, slow road to fixing the damage it's done starts here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    77 per cent of 18 to 24-year-olds, 73 per cent of 25 to 34-year-olds, 59 per cent of 35 to 44-year-olds and 54 per cent of 45 to 54-year-olds said they would back renewed EU membership in a yes/no referendum, while only a majority of respondents in the age-bands of 55-64 and 65+ would vote against re-joining.
    That's what we saw in the Brexit vote, and that's what we saw in the 2019 election. It's the old fuckers (and I say that as someone in the second to last of those age groups) that had least to lose that voted to fuck this country up. The more time passes, the more of those old racist, brainless fuckers die, and the more the electorate moves towards a significantly pro-EU majority. As that happens, a referendum to rejoin becomes not just more likely but actually inevitable.

We'll go back in on less favourable terms than we had before we left, but that's the price we have to pay for pandering to the whims of Brexiteers. At least it will give whatever remains of that group something to whinge about before they die.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see us rejoining the EU without a red line being that we have to adopt the Euro.

And while there's a youth led desire to rejoin years from now, so long as that's a thing, I don't see it happening.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I don't see us rejoining the EU without a red line being that we have to adopt the Euro.

And while there's a youth led desire to rejoin years from now, so long as that's a thing, I don't see it happening.
    That’s a good point, but…

A referendum to (attempt to) rejoin the EU won’t say “to rejoin the EU and adopt the euro”. It’ll just say “to rejoin the EU”. Sure, brexiteers will scream bloody murder about the LIKELIHOOD of losing the pound, but rejoiners can easily parry that with “UDUNNODAT”. Source: that’s what the brexiteers did.

The general populus being obtuse about politics could well work in the UK’s favour on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    That’s a good point, but…

A referendum to (attempt to) rejoin the EU won’t say “to rejoin the EU and adopt the euro”. It’ll just say “to rejoin the EU”. Sure, brexiteers will scream bloody murder about the LIKELIHOOD of losing the pound, but rejoiners can easily parry that with “UDUNNODAT”. Source: that’s what the brexiteers did.

The general populus being obtuse about politics could well work in the UK’s favour on this one.
    "Don't worry, we can easily get a membership deal that doesn't include Schengen and Euro membership. The EU needs us more than we need them and we hold all the cards. Anyway, you're in, right?"