View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I have a UK passport. It doesn't contain any biometric data. Come at me bro.
    Slant is German however.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a UK passport. It doesn't contain any biometric data. Come at me bro.
    It doesn't? How old is that thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    It doesn't? How old is that thing?
    Getting on for 8-9 years now. The wifes latest Passport is 3 years old and still doesn't contain any biometric data. They have a GPS chip and biometric capability but the government is yet (as far as I'm aware) to actually bother collecting any biometric data with Passports.

15+ Year Old Account
    Getting on for 8-9 years now. The wifes latest Passport is 3 years old and still doesn't contain any biometric data. They have a GPS chip and biometric capability but the government is yet (as far as I'm aware) to actually bother collecting any biometric data with Passports.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ssport-readers

Hmm, looks like it stores facial biometric info on the chip.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ssport-readers

Hmm, looks like it stores facial biometric info on the chip.
    Wouldn't rule that out. Which makes it about as effective as employing someone to stand in a booth and check a photo against the person presenting said photo ID.

I think we call that Passport Control over here but I could be wrong....only been through it twice a year or so for the past 20 odd years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't rule that out. Which makes it about as effective as employing someone to stand in a booth and check a photo against the person presenting said photo ID.

I think we call that Passport Control over here but I could be wrong....only been through it twice a year or so for the past 20 odd years.
    So you went from "no biometric data" to this?

Yeah and of course it helps when you want to look for people via cameras, but hey, i got it, finger prints bad, facial biometric data, basically looking at a picture.

Deleted
    Think that's wrong - No strike that, I know that's wrong.
    You mean a RFID chip.

Getting on for 8-9 years now. The wifes latest Passport is 3 years old and still doesn't contain any biometric data

cute that you try and join a discussion on biometric data without actually understanding what biometric data is
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2018-04-22 at 01:44 AM.

Yeah and of course it helps when you want to look for people via cameras, but hey, i got it, finger prints bad, facial biometric data, basically looking at a picture.
    Didn't say it was bad or good so don't reach. Just pointing out that currently the only data they collect is stuff they can pull from a relatively small photo that you submit with your application.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Think that's wrong - No strike that, I know that's wrong.
    You mean a RFID chip.
    Cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    cute that you try and join a discussion on biometric data without actually understanding what biometric data is
    If the shape of my face is considered biometric data then cool, you got me bro.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...-know-11294017

it is not based on humans looking at you; your face is up for a scan at the airport and measured against the data stored.
    so if your nose is broken it will fail and you are in some trouble

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...-know-11294017

it is not based on humans looking at you; your face is up for a scan at the airport and measured against the data stored.
    so if your nose is broken it will fail and you are in some trouble
    Especially if you happen to look like a known criminal then :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Especially if you happen to look like a known criminal then :P
    facial biometrics is weak in my book anyway, but if USA Border Control is ok with that...
    my index fingers are not so easy altered and i could wear colored contact lenses and suffer a broken nose and would still pass the biometrics examination.

facial biometrics is weak in my book anyway, but if USA Border Control is ok with that...
    my index fingers are not so easy altered and i could wear colored contact lenses and suffer a broken nose and would still pass the biometrics examination.
    As you should, to be fair. If biometrics was fooled that easily, it would be pointless. The question is, how easy are you to copy?

The main criticism, for instance, seems to be that you can fake being someone else by holding up a photograph.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    As you should, to be fair. If biometrics was fooled that easily, it would be pointless. The question is, how easy are you to copy?

The main criticism, for instance, seems to be that you can fake being someone else by holding up a photograph.
    For natural cases: monocygotic twins not even a criminal intent here; they would pass facial biometrics easily.
    so it is a bit useless from start.

For natural cases: monocygotic twins not even a criminal intent here; they would pass facial biometrics easily.
    so it is a bit useless from start.
    I'm fairly certain the eyes' iris would be a good identifier even for twins. And easy to check, albeit not with CCTV cams.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm fairly certain the eyes' iris would be a good identifier even for twins. And easy to check, albeit not with CCTV cams.
    iris scan is not on the list in UK's biometrics AFAIK. that's why it is so weak IMHO. or i'm missing some criteria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since not much news is happening on this front, it's always amusing to see how much of a fraud the actual "Pro-Brexiteers" are.

Farrage supposedly has his kids not under an UK passport, but a German one. Another confirmation of how great a shape the UK will be in post-brexit, not even those for it believe it, but we knew this all along.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Since not much news is happening on this front, it's always amusing to see how much of a fraud the actual "Pro-Brexiteers" are.
    Oh, there is always something:
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-single-market

Japan is not so fond of Brexit, not a bit. they wont leave britain of course, but will have to relocate or split some of their investments.
    but as we know Brexit is wonderful and not about economy and UK will like it to become poor but free.

Deleted
    Oh, there is always something:
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-single-market

Japan is not so fond of Brexit, not a bit. they wont leave britain of course, but will have to relocate or split some of their investments.
    but as we know Brexit is wonderful and not about economy and UK will like it to become poor but free.
    Autarky is a common response to newfound freedom - It's going to be an amazing experience to witness brexit from the continent.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    It's going to be an amazing experience to witness brexit from the continent.
    Even more amazing to witness the collapse of the EU from inside, and as a member of, the commonwealth. 2.5bn people vs 0.5bn how will the EU compete?