View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    And if we do leave, and we approach Japan for a trade deal, do you think they would offer anything as good to one small country, as opposed to a giant trading block.

No, of course they wouldn't. But that goes against the Dribbles mantra:

"A no-deal Brexit is a brilliant thing. Which is why I've moved my liquid assets out of the country so that they aren't damaged by how wonderful a no-deal Brexit is. Because a no-deal Brexit is just so wonderful".

The Dribbles mantra. Logic not included.
    Nope, nicely taken out of context though, good try.

I moved them because bad Tory government and even worse Labour opposition are declaring democracy in the UK dead, by doing their best to stop the Brexit a majority voted for.

If we get a proper Brexit I will bring them back. If not they are safe.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    The citizens don’t pick the Tory party leader, the Tories do. We have never had a Roman Catholic PM in the uk, why do you think that is?
    The Tories will not pick someone to lead their party who they believe to unpopular with voters. We never had a woman PM until we did, now we've had two. We never had a Muslim mayor until we did.

Iain Duncan Smith is a Catholic are you suggesting it was his religion that barred him for taking office of PM and not his and his party's uselessness?

Unless you are suggesting that there is/was wide spread religious discrimination within both the Labour and Conservative parties as well as the electorate I am going to go with it being a coincidence that the person who they (the parties and voters) feel would be most suitable for PM is/was not a Roman Catholic.

Although Theresa May is an Anglo-Catholic so I guess it just the Roman bit that is a problem with this theory.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Theresa M. survived again, but only because Tory whip threatened everybody and their grandma. the threat was "no confidence" vote next wednesday. such a shame...

she may have a mandat to negotiate by the Commons, but EU will laugh her off, so what is the achievement of today ?
    Last edited by ranzino; 2018-07-17 at 05:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Theresa M. survived again, but only because Tory whip threatened everybody and their grandma. the threat was "no confidence" vote next wednesday. such a shame...

she may have a mandat to negotiate by the Commons, but EU will laugh her off, so what is the achievement of today ?
    labour brexiteers helped too.

EU issued a statement to members telling them to step up preperations for no deal. Operation cliff edge.

okay, welp.

NC18 was needed to trigger the GE that LAB would win.

NC18 was defeated because of 4 LAB MPs.

welp. no deal brexit is a certainty now. if you can, leave the country. there is no hope.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post

EU issued a statement to members telling them to step up preperations for no deal. Operation cliff edge.
    so how serious are the next negotiations; it seems to me the endgame is already in place ?
    as soon UK's negotiators appear in Brussels with that shit of a white paper, Barnier should tell them to leave immediately and only come back with something serious or not return at all; no more gambling time for May by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    if you can, leave the country. there is no hope.
    If you (the royal you) voted for Brexit, absolutely freaking not. Don't flee like cowards to the EU you voted to leave, stick around and own up to the consequences of your vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    okay, welp.

NC18 was needed to trigger the GE that LAB would win.

NC18 was defeated because of 4 LAB MPs.

welp. no deal brexit is a certainty now. if you can, leave the country. there is no hope.
    I honestly don't know what's worse, you repeatedly posting this kind of nonsense or people repeatedly falling for it.
    Last edited by Pann; 2018-07-17 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Nope, nicely taken out of context though, good try.

I moved them because bad Tory government and even worse Labour opposition are declaring democracy in the UK dead, by doing their best to stop the Brexit a majority voted for.

If we get a proper Brexit I will bring them back. If not they are safe.
    That's an even bigger pile of shite than your usual nonsense posts. You moved your assets in case Brexit didn't happen (which you repeatedly state is impossible, because everything is going to plan according to you) because if Brexit didn't happen it would....do what exactly? Move us back to being one of the fastest growing economies in the EU, as opposed to being the slowest (which we have been since the Brexit process started)?

So basically you are saying that you moved your assets in case something happened that would have a positive effect on the economy. You do understand that doesn't make any sense at all, don't you?

What am I saying? Of course you don't.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Do you have a link for this as I can't anything.

Communication went out a last week to ask institutions to be ready for an additional accounting closure as of 29/03/2019. It's no secret that everybody is getting prepared for it on all fronts. Except the UK it seems.

Its not a theory, its a fact, the uk has never had a roman catholic PM.

Why that is the case I'm not sure. Is it simply a coincidence that in a protestant country there has never been a roman-catholic PM? Maybe, but I think it probably runs deeper than that, after all we celebrate the foiling of a plot to murder our monarch and parliament by burning an effigy of a roman catholic traitor, with fireworks to accompany the very public display of anti roman catholicism.
    The UK has never had a divorced American princess before. Do such backwards considerations still matter these days?

And you are pleased with that? Sounds like Japan has a better deal with the EU than Germany, let me explain :P

1.Japan isn't paying the EU. So they get free trade with the EU for nada,zilch? Germany doesn't get free trade, you have at best pay to trade to the tune of what? 500 million euro a week? I am guessing, but got to be about that.

2.Japan keeps control of its borders. Germany doesn't get that. How is that working out for you? Popular is it? Or the source of all mother Merkels ills.

3.Germany big on sushi is it? I thought it was all about the sausages.

No wonder Britain went for a Brexit, we will take the Japan deal tyvm! Perhaps you should too.
    Jesus Christ don't you ever get tired of yourself ?
    The trade balance is in favour of Japan for 8bn for goods on a total volume of 130bn, for services the balance is in the EUs balance for 13bn euros on a volume of 50bn, and we get investments from Japan into Europe for 123bn, with total investments both ways adding up to 287bn euros.
    1) Japan gets access to EU markets for stuff we need from them, and they open their market for stuff they need from us.
    2) Japan is an Island, it's an inaccessible island with very little appeal to migrants due to a steep cultural and language barrier. Also a shitty judicial system. Virtually no one wants to move there.
    3) Just like the UK is all about Yorkshire pudding and flat beer.
    I don't know about Germany, but in France "chinese" restaurants are vietnamese, and japanese/sushi places are run by chinese people. All you need is seaweed, rice vinegar, rice and fresh raw fish for sushi, together with skill. It has nothing to do with immigration or trade.
    Please put in more effort in your satire next time.

- - - Updated - - -

To some they do. For example the DUP is still very big on this sort of stuff.
    But they represent nothing UK wide usually. They just happen to matter now because May decided to team up with them?
    Last edited by Demolitia; 2018-07-17 at 08:16 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Jesus Christ don't you ever get tired of yourself ?
    The trade balance is in favour of Japan for 8bn for goods on a total volume of 130bn, for services the balance is in the EUs balance for 13bn euros on a volume of 50bn, and we get investments from Japan into Europe for 123bn, with total investments both ways adding up to 287bn euros.
    1) Japan gets access to EU markets for stuff we need from them, and they open their market for stuff they need from us.
    2) Japan is an Island, it's an inaccessible island with very little appeal to migrants due to a steep cultural and language barrier. Also a shitty judicial system. Virtually no one wants to move there.
    3) Just like the UK is all about Yorkshire pudding and flat beer.
    I don't know about Germany, but in France "chinese" restaurants are vietnamese, and japanese/sushi places are run by chinese people. All you need is seaweed, rice vinegar, rice and fresh raw fish for sushi, together with skill. It has nothing to do with immigration or trade.
    Please put in more effort in your satire next time.
    Ah ok then, that's all fine. Good that the EU has negotiated on behalf of the UK for a Japan/UK trade deal. Very nice indeed, thanks I guess.

Leaders announce in Tokyo that two countries will seek to instantly replace EU trade deal with a copycat deal for UK

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...xit-trade-deal

Only difference is that Germany will pay an ongoing 500 million euro a week to the EU for that negotiated trade deal and the UK will pay diddly squat.

More Brexit benefits! Got any more, freebie to the UK, deals in the pipeline?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Ah ok then, that's all fine. Good that the EU has negotiated on behalf of the UK for a Japan/UK trade deal. Very nice indeed, thanks I guess.

Leaders announce in Tokyo that two countries will seek to instantly replace EU trade deal with a copycat deal for UK

Only difference is that Germany will pay an ongoing 500 million euro a week to the EU for that negotiated trade deal and the UK will pay diddly squat.

And if you weren't such a dishonest person, you would have pointed out that the Japanese PM made it pretty clear that any such agreement would be dependent on the UK acting as an access point to the EU. Which would not be possible if we carry out the kind of no-deal Brexit that gets your tiny panties so wet.

You can't even keep your own ludicrous opionions straight any more. Sad.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Its not a theory, its a fact, the uk has never had a roman catholic PM.

Why that is the case I'm not sure. Is it simply a coincidence that in a protestant country there has never been a roman-catholic PM? Maybe, but I think it probably runs deeper than that, after all we celebrate the foiling of a plot to murder our monarch and parliament by burning an effigy of a roman catholic traitor, with fireworks to accompany the very public display of anti roman catholicism.
    That's as may be but you said that JRM will not become PM because of his religion. I hate to break this to you but he's real popular, and I mean really popular, with the more gammony types. And I am sorry to say that I do not think being a Roman Catholic will be enough to stop JRM walking through the door to No. 10, I mean if being a little homophobic and against women's rights isn't enough to stop him I doubt his religion will matter much. Perhaps we could try garlic?

With that said I get the impression he is not the type of person who would put himself forward for the top job but I could certainly see him supporting someone whose thoughts are more aligned with his than May.

On a serious note, I think you might have been on to something maybe 30-40 years ago but I think that a person's religious background, gender, sexual orientation and race are no longer an issue to the majority of UK voters.

Also I am not sure that many make a religious connection with Guy Fawkes perhaps it's different in Scotland but I cannot recall anyone mentioning it in England.

Pretty sure Germany is happy to spend pocket change for free market access for their outstanding products, regulatory work, consumer protection work, nuclear material management, disease control
    I hope you enjoy benefiting from the hard work the EU did to negotiate and draft a trade deal for you. I doubt your strong and stable government will manage to make another one for another 10 years. Be glad there is no copyright on FTAs.
    edit: btw where did you pull the 500mn figure from ? I haven't seen that bus.
    Last edited by Demolitia; 2018-07-17 at 08:42 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

You didn't read more than the headline, did you?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    That's as may be but you said that JRM will not become PM because of his religion. I hate to break this to you but he's real popular, and I mean really popular, with the more gammony types. And I am sorry to say that I do not think being a Roman Catholic will be enough to stop JRM walking through the door to No. 10, I mean if being a little homophobic and against women's rights isn't enough to stop him I doubt his religion will matter much. Perhaps we could try garlic?

With that said I get the impression he is not the type of person who would put himself forward for the top job but I could certainly see him supporting someone whose thoughts are more aligned with his than May.

On a serious note, I think you might have been on to something maybe 30-40 years ago but I think that a person's religious background, gender, sexual orientation and race are no longer an issue to the majority of UK voters.

Also I am not sure that many make a religious connection with Guy Fawkes perhaps it's different in Scotland but I cannot recall anyone mentioning it in England.
    If Khan made it as Mayor of London I don't see why the sleazebag wouldn't make it to #10.

Id renounce my atheism and get on my knees and pray to the protestant god(s).
    There is no such thing. Only God Emperor Donald.