View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Deleted
    lol @ government saying they will stockpile and military on the streets for no deal brexit.

plans to publish weekly briefings on no deal Brexit plans have been abandoned because will panic population. lool

in the first quarter of 2018 ministers from the Brexit department had more meetings (5) with the Institute for Economic Affairs than with car industry bosses (3).
    Last edited by mmoc6b1f2f8dff; 2018-07-29 at 03:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    lol @ government saying they will stockpile and military on the streets for no deal brexit.

plans to publish weekly briefings on no deal Brexit plans have been abandoned because will panic population. lool
    Wait what? Military on the streets if no deal brexit?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Wait what? Military on the streets if no deal brexit?
    delivering food, medicine and fuel : https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/a...ency-dz3359lrf

but lets face it there will be fuck tons of civil unrest.

The governments new catchphrase by the way is 'sensible and responsible' expect to see it ad nauseam by every tory in an interview about brexit.

delivering food, medicine and fuel : https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/a...ency-dz3359lrf

The governments new catchphrase by the way is 'sensible and responsible' expect to see it ad nauseam by every tory in an interview about brexit.
    Civil unrest? By the British? What are they going to do, throw biscuits at the police and then apologize for being so rude? :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account

This is madness!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    This is madness!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Civil unrest? By the British? What are they going to do, throw biscuits at the police and then apologize for being so rude? :P
    pretty sure the peterloo massacre is coming up. When put in the right pressure cooker brits have a long history of giving thier bodies to the cause.

This is madness!
    No, THIS IS BRITAIN!

- - - Updated - - -

pretty sure the peterloo massacre is coming up. When put in the right pressure cooker brits have a long history of giving thier bodies to the cause.
    Doubt the pressure point is close to being reached, yet. Not with half the country still cheering this on like the fantasy of England winning the world cup this summer. Was amusing to see Brits trash IKEA, though. Haha
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

7+ Year Old Account
    The debate degenerates into attacks against you personally, because you do not bring facts to the table. Your usual modus operandi is making up stuff, posting bold claims and unsubstantiated "predictions". That's it. The few times you do quote something, it's highly questionable sources from the British tabloids or skewed statistics that usually have nothing to do with your claim and only touch it tangentially.

Like those maps, we're talking Xenophobia and you present a statistics about black vs. white. Yes, nice map. But that wasn't the point when the main scare in the UK is against Polish immigrants now is it?

You're dishonest and that's why we keep pointing out your dishonesty.
    Highly questionable sources? In other circumstances very very rarely, but in this case those maps/facts came from the horses mouth itself, so to speak. Read it direct from the EU, only 396 pages long, hardly practical to post in its entirety here.

http://ec.europa.eu/COMMFrontOffice/...&surveyKy=2077

Still think it's a tabloid source? I have hardly ever posted any links to anything other than sources of the highest integrity, excepting of course this EU one.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

The Brits can riot with the best of them when we feel like it. Although the last big one was in 1990 when Thatcher brought in the Poll Tax.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Highly questionable sources?
    The Sun
    The Express
    Daily Mail.

99% of the time those are your sources and the call them highly questionable is an insult to things that are highly questionable. Those three are the biggest bullshitters that pose as news.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    The Brits can riot with the best of them when we feel like it. Although the last big one was in 1990 when Thatcher brought in the Poll Tax.
    A tax on polling? Are you serious? I'd riot, too. What's next, a breathing tax? Haha

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Highly questionable sources? In other circumstances very very rarely, but in this case those maps/facts came from the horses mouth itself, so to speak. Read it direct from the EU, only 396 pages long, hardly practical to post in its entirety here.

http://ec.europa.eu/COMMFrontOffice/...&surveyKy=2077

Still think it's a tabloid source? I have hardly ever posted any links to anything other than sources of the highest integrity, excepting of course this EU one.
    You obviously haven't been through the 396 pages. For example you missed the bits where people responded whether they have felt discriminated based on their ethnic origin, religious belief, age, disability, gender etc.
    You have the highest rate on disability and religious belief, and you're close second on ethnic origin. It's the 72nd page so you didn't even need to go that far.
    People considering themselves smart, tolerant and righteous when asked, doesn't necessarily make it so.

edit:
    There are points to be made about what is dysfunctional about the EU, and arguments to be made about how much integration is needed (or not). These are things that would have been helpful in the debate, and would make things interesting, but mindless extremists like you force everyone to waste their energy on debunking your bullshit over and over again.
    It's efficient because the 17 million poor people in the UK who live in miserable conditions are willing to buy your bullshit out of desperation. But they will be the ones to pay the price, and that's the saddest part. The only ones who will benefit are your overlord JRM and his little friends.
    Last edited by Demolitia; 2018-07-29 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's Thatcher. Yes, she would have taxed breathing if she could get away with it

- - - Updated - - -

If anything it shows a high level of hypocrisy. At least the rest are willing to admit their racism.
    It's fine. It's just a poll about how people feel or consider themselves. It's easy to say you're ok with something when you'll probably never be in this situation. It's also debatable whether the people saying they are discriminated against really are. Maybe they just blame their own shortcomings on this because it's easy.
    The report is actually trying to be balanced and straightforward yet this idiot is trying to even twist opinions from 2015 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean yeah, looking at that report I also saw that 11% of Swedish people feel they are discriminated against because of their gender (though maybe they are mostly men?).
    I am just saying, people believing they are not racist does not mean they are not. It is not a discussion we like to have in Europe imo. In the US they are confronted with this a lot more so they have to think about it more.
    I think we mean the same thing. What I was mostly pointing is that when you ask people about how they feel in a poll, they will naturally think more positively about themselves and probably feel they are treated unfairly by others. It's interesting in a certain context but it's just feelings, not facts.
    The vast majority of people consider themselves above average drivers. Statistics here (and the definition of average) beg to differ.
    It's a bit the same with polls like the one Dribbles shared. It's nice to see people saying they are ok with their offspring marrying someone from a different ethnicity or religion, but you have to take it with a grain of salt when half of those people have never left their village or met a foreigner.

[QUOTE=dribbles;49827202]Highly questionable sources? In other circumstances very very rarely, but in this case those maps/facts came from the horses mouth itself, so to speak.[QUOTE]
    You are claiming to be a talkin', writin' horse now?
    Do you have no shame?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    People like Dribbles can not be ignored. They sprout their shit and their views will grow if not called out like it is. Silence is one of the reasons crap like this and Trump happened. They need to be shouted down, their views ridiculed with the use of facts until others turn away from them. To be silent is to allow his views to spread and infect others.
    No dribbles can safely be ignored. There are people who espouse the views dribbles parrots but dribbles themselves is not a believer of them. It's a personna account and you lose every time you engage with it. Not notice how no Brits bother to engage with them? It's not because we can't, it's because we know it's a game for them and we worked out long ago that the only people in the thread are foreigners laughing at our collective stupidity and Remainers venting. Then there's Floopa I guess to whom you can only face palm and say "Floopa's gonna floop".

It's almost as sad to watch as Brexit itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    A no deal exit would hit those already just getting by the worst. More serious rioting is a quite distinct possibility.

At least their government seems to have accepted that a no deal might bring that internally, and is planning contingency measures.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    A no deal exit would hit those already just getting by the worst. More serious rioting is a quite distinct possibility.

At least their government seems to have accepted that a no deal might bring that internally, and is planning contingency measures.
    Doubt it. The military seems to be planned for humanitarian reasons. That it'll be strategically well placed to put down riots is just a side-effect, I'm sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    A tax on polling? Are you serious? I'd riot, too. What's next, a breathing tax? Haha
    No, a poll tax is a fixed amount levied per person. You might know the concept as a head tax.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    No, a poll tax is a fixed amount levied per person. You might know the concept as a head tax.
    Oh... really. Thanks for clearing that up, people left me hanging here for over a day. That sounds rather unreasonable, I understand the rioting now. What on earth did Thatcher think?

Oh... really. Thanks for clearing that up, people left me hanging here for over a day. That sounds rather unreasonable, I understand the rioting now. What on earth did Thatcher think?
    She needed to out Reagan Reagan to make her seem like the power in her and Bush snr relationship.