View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Good news day, Liam Fox UK trade secretary puts the chance of a no deal at 60:40 in favour. (I have it at 99:1) We all know the fantastic benefits and dividend it will bring however not much has been mentioned of repercussions to the EU. Well a Dutch university study has been recently released and the consequences are reported very eloquently today in this national treasure:- https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/694417...hopping-500bn/

"EU'LL FEEL BREXIT A no-deal Brexit will hit European countries the hardest – costing them a WHOPPING £500BN"

Oh deary deary me!
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    No focus on unicorns here, just the hundreds of pounds annually I am better off thanks to the recent Brexit dividend interest rate rise. That's a fact of substance I and millions of others, remainers included, can't ignore.

Three cheers to the Bank of England and the wise Brexiteers for making us all, excluding those in the EU, wealthier.

Not long to go now, tick tock.
    Sounds great for those wealthy elitists who own their houses outright and have 10s or 100s of thousands of pounds in savings. Meanwhile those of us who are a bit less wealthy are seeing mortgages going up whilst the houses they pay for are worth less. Still, fuck the poor eh? Self before party and party before country isn't it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Sounds great for those wealthy elitists who own their houses outright and have 10s or 100s of thousands of pounds in savings. Meanwhile those of us who are a bit less wealthy are seeing mortgages going up whilst the houses they pay for are worth less. Still, fuck the poor eh? Self before party and party before country isn't it?
    Home ownership is a long term plan and a long term win. Show me anywhere in the UK that house prices are lower than 25 years ago (hint hint there is a reason a typical mortgage lasts that long) many UK properties will have seen house prices rise by a factor of ten over that time period, if not more. You sound like a winner, not a loser "money down the drain" that rents, your best interests are served by a no deal brexit. Luckily we are very close to that, I can smell it, you will be more of a winner for it. Instead of freeloading off brexiteers like me, your only mistake was not voting for it. You can thank me later....

Why is a no deal a UK win?

THE “LOSER” EU is on the verge of causing itself huge economic damage by forcing a “no deal” over Brexit which in turn could see Britain thrive.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...acob-rees-mogg

The truth is out there, you only have to look for it.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Good lord, I actually managed to make my way through that Express article. If anyone is demented enough to actually base anything on "journalism" of that quality.... I give up Brits - your country needs an enema.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibblewink View Post
    Good lord, I actually managed to make my way through that Express article. If anyone is demented enough to actually base anything on "journalism" of that quality.... I give up Brits - your country needs an enema.
    dont worry with the NHS about to go to skeleton crew and the country facing economic melt down all the old people who read that shit will be dying en masse.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibblewink View Post
    You read the Express, you have my sympathies. Sincerely.

Living in a town where Express and Mail are considered gospel I can tell you I see people like Dribbles all the time and it's scary as someone with a mixed ethnic background. They cheer this shit show that's going on with the added hostility towards anyone that's not 100% their group. When people in this thread say Dribbles is a character I think it's wishful thinking when I've had to interact with people that are 100% like him and maybe even worse to the point that the chance it is a person playing a character is too low to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    You read the Express, you have my sympathies. Sincerely.

Living in a town where Express and Mail are considered gospel I can tell you I see people like Dribbles all the time and it's scary as someone with a mixed ethnic background. They cheer this shit show that's going on with the added hostility towards anyone that's not 100% their group. When people in this thread say Dribbles is a character I think it's wishful thinking when I've had to interact with people that are 100% like him and maybe even worse to the point that the chance it is a person playing a character is too low to take.
    I just tend to ignore Flip-Floopa (well he sometimes raises some decent points) and Dribbles. They dont add to the discussion at all, specially with there crooked reasoning or fleeing the country... Abit like how Nigel Farage went through with it: ''OH I WON'' *leaves the house*

https://www.politico.eu/article/brex...-after-brexit/

bad news for the french and irish.

currently it's done overland, ireland > UK > travel across UK > france, this changes that to ireland > netherlands/belgium, ignoring both UK and france. makes sense to ignore UK, we're out of cu/sm, but france will not be happy about this.

expect macron to potentially raise concerns, which will lead to eu concessions to UK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    which will lead to eu concessions to UK.
    nope. there won't be any.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    all the old people who read that shit will be dying en masse.
    I take it you're pro-heatwave? :P

currently it's done overland, ireland > UK > travel across UK > france, this changes that to ireland > netherlands/belgium, ignoring both UK and france. makes sense to ignore UK, we're out of cu/sm, but france will not be happy about this.

expect macron to potentially raise concerns, which will lead to eu concessions to UK.
    Maritime economy has been declining for years and is not really a hot topic in France.
    The EC's logic is that ports in the North of France don't have the capacity to handle this kind of traffic, even with heavy investments and subsidies from the EU, it would make no sense.
    The money goes to Antwerp and Rotterdam, which are already much larger and better suited for this. I doubt Macron will complain all that much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    I take it you're pro-heatwave? :P
    only if its followed by an cold snap, cut that winter fuel allowance!

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Maritime economy has been declining for years and is not really a hot topic in France.
    The EC's logic is that ports in the North of France don't have the capacity to handle this kind of traffic, even with heavy investments and subsidies from the EU, it would make no sense.
    The money goes to Antwerp and Rotterdam, which are already much larger and better suited for this. I doubt Macron will complain all that much.
    france loses money via eu subsidies and have to maintain those ports themselves - because they'll still receive traffic
    ireland loses money because the planned route is more expensive than the current route

overland travel is cheaper, albeit worse for the environment, and faster

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    When it comes to practicing law under GATS, you are excluding from practicing foreign state law, since as a foreign lawyer you are not allowed to join the local Bar (even if you pass qualifications). In the EU there is an agreement that allows lawyers to pass the required qualifications and then join the local Bar.
    I stand corrected. Even if it is a load of horsecrap, if you ask me. If a German lawyer came to England and said "Yo, BAR... I'ma practice here now!" and they go "Sure, you know jack shit about our legal system but go ahead..." I'd freak if I was British. The same vice versa. That's ridiculous.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account

A little presumptuous of the EU if you ask me. We haven't decided yet if they will be allowed the use of British waters and how much they will have to pay for the guarantee of safe passage within them.

A little presumptuous of the EU if you ask me. We haven't decided yet if they will be allowed the use of British waters and how much they will have to pay for the guarantee of safe passage within them.
    Not sure why you bring up British waters... The world doesn't actually revolve around Britain, you know. It may even surprise you that most of the "waters" on this planet aren't British. Get over your Empire complex already.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Not sure why you bring up British waters... The world doesn't actually revolve around Britain, you know. It may even surprise you that most of the "waters" on this planet aren't British. Get over your Empire complex already.
    Free movement within our exclusive economic zone with a no deal is not a given. So yes going around them will be very relevant. How much you going to offer again?

Free movement within our exclusive economic zone with a no deal is not a given. So yes going around them will be very relevant. How much you going to offer again?

Economic zone != territorial waters. Because you don't understand it, I'll explain. They can pass through those waters and the UK can't do anything about it because they are considered international waters. Awww, did I just take your argument and smashed it to pieces? I think I did.

eh, UNCLOS article 26 stops this.

No charge may be levied upon foreign ships by reason only of their passage through the territorial sea.
    so unless UK wants to break international law that doesn't matter, the major point is that the irish trade is predominantly with UK, and they are now asking ireland to circumvent UK because 20% of their product would eventually go to mainland europe (and they don't want messy customs arrangements, makes sense from a non irish p.o.v).

really, ireland are getting fucked over more than anyone else as a result of Brexit, but ultimately this is the eu's fault for not negotiating in good faith. the eu are using ireland as a pinata to beat whenever the UK says x, y, z or crosses their red line(s).

also worth noting UNCLOS is kind of why i'm not worried about air travel post-Brexit. while UNCLOS doesn't apply to air at all, similar conventions are in place to make sure the correct certification and insurances are in place internationally, thus the idea of a "eu air space" doesn't make much sense.
    Last edited by Floopa; 2018-08-06 at 10:01 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Economic zone != territorial waters. Because you don't understand it, I'll explain. They can pass through those waters and the UK can't do anything about it because they are considered international waters. Awww, did I just take your argument and smashed it to pieces? I think I did.
    That might be decided by Naval enforcement though don't you think? Much of a navy does the EU have?