View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    You're saying this like the majority of the global population won't continue trading with the EU anyway.

Anyone that thinks the UK alone would have more leverage than the EU would is delusional.
    The EU has leverage? It's taken over 20 years of this non leverage to fail to achieve a trade deal with the Mercosur block. The idea that the EU has any comprehension of how to do an international trade deal is nonsensical.

The EU is just so hopeless at anything you couldn't make it up. The only kind of leverage they have is placing a ball and chain around any business inside the EU with the nous to attempt to trade globally.

The UK will be set free soon from these shackles, like it or lump it eurochums, I understand how you might fear the new kid on the block. But you haven't got the choice to stop it anymore. Try not to be so obviously envious... Tick tock.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Deleted
    The UK will be the first country in the world to put economic sanctions on itself. Amazing stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    The EU has leverage? It's taken over 20 years of this non leverage to fail to achieve a trade deal with the Mercosur block. The idea that the EU has any comprehension of how to do an international trade deal is nonsensical.

The EU is just so hopeless at anything you couldn't make it up. The only kind of leverage they have is placing a ball and chain around any business inside the EU with the nous to attempt to trade globally.

The UK will be set free soon from these shackles, like it or lump it eurochums, I understand how you might fear the new kid on the block. But you haven't got the choice to stop it anymore. Try not to be so obviously envious... Tick tock.

Yeah, the UK will be free of those shackles. Free to achieve that ^^^ all on its own. From the beginning.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The many (17.4 million) voted to leave the EU, the few (16.1 million) did not.
    There are over five hundred million people in the EU. Try again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post

Yeah, the UK will be free of those shackles. Free to achieve that ^^^ all on its own. From the beginning.
    The EU negotiated trade deals will "bolt on" to the UK day 1 post Brexit in historical reciprocity, thanks for that I guess...Isn't the EU facing a trade war with the US? Hardly a free trade deal in the making is it? Inaccurate fake news mapping. Those tariffs gonna hurt, glad we don't need to be a part of the EU's petty power plays....that's going to be so embarrassing for the feeble EU in the end. Or amusing for me, cheers for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    There are over five hundred million people in the EU. Try again.
    There are 7500 million people in the world, your point being?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    There are 7500 million people in the world, your point being?
    You tried to justify Brexit by using the Spock line.

I pointed out that, by leaving to serve their own self-interest, that the Brexit voters were going against the needs of the many, because they were in the EU when they voted.

Basically, your excuse is invalid. Try again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    You tried to justify Brexit by using the Spock line.

I pointed out that, by leaving to serve their own self-interest, that the Brexit voters were going against the needs of the many, because they were in the EU when they voted.

Basically, your excuse is invalid. Try again.
    Would it be acceptable to say the needs of a global Britain outweigh the needs of an EU Britain. Surely we agree 7500 million (the many) > 450 million (the EU few)?

As a purely altruistic brexiteer, like millions of others, I just want to clear this up as it is really crucial....

10+ Year Old Account
    Would it be acceptable to say the needs of a global Britain outweigh the needs of an EU Britain.
    It'd be acceptable to say that the UK is looking out for their own self-interests and not the group they belonged to, yes. Kind of like if the US left the UN or NATO.

I don't get it - well, I do. People just can't be happy. The grass is always greener.

One side of the atlantic wants decisions made by the direct majority and the other by a democratic republic system - yet each system is in effect on the other side with unhappy results.

US groups raise millions to support rightwing UK thinktanks
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-uk-thinktanks

Millions of dollars has been raised from anonymous US donors to support British rightwing thinktanks that are among the most prominent in the Brexit debate
    Just leaving this gem here

Well, that is a two third majority at least. I'd call that a legit decision, not comparable to Brexit in that respect.
    The problem was the choices were FPTP and FPTP but we're totally not FPTP honest. It was a non choice.

The EU negotiated trade deals will "bolt on" to the UK day 1 post Brexit in historical reciprocity, thanks for that I guess...Isn't the EU facing a trade war with the US? Hardly a free trade deal in the making is it? Inaccurate fake news mapping. Those tariffs gonna hurt, glad we don't need to be a part of the EU's petty power plays....that's going to be so embarrassing for the feeble EU in the end. Or amusing for me, cheers for that.
    Those trade deals will not "bolt on", the UK will instantly lose that access and fall back on WTO rules, which are basically just a step better from nothing. The trade war with the US is really more a trade dispute over a few choice sectors. And currently the EU is doing pretty fine in that one as well, stopping Trump from imposing anything else and the next US president will most likely want to talk seriously about a proper FTA deal type of thing, because it makes sense. Meanwhile, the UK will swallow whatever dicks can shoot at it, because they're that desperate for any numbers to show at home.

I like how you use the idiot rhetoric of "fake news" mapping. Now we know there is a connection between your type of Brexit and Trumpkins. So you really just want to see the world burn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    The problem was the choices were FPTP and FPTP but we're totally not FPTP honest. It was a non choice.
    So... do UK politicians always fuck up like this? Like is that how they run the country? How was the Empire even possible with politics like that? Oh wait, let me guess... the Empire was possible due to the army, but lost due to the politicians?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

So... do UK politicians always fuck up like this? Like is that how they run the country? How was the Empire even possible with politics like that? Oh wait, let me guess... the Empire was possible due to the army, but lost due to the politicians?
    The navy more than the army. Back in those days if you controlled the seas, you controlled the land. The rest of it is pretty accurate.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    The navy more than the army. Back in those days if you controlled the seas, you controlled the land. The rest of it is pretty accurate.
    Must be maddening, really. To see that kind of incompetence... I want to say our politicians are just as stupid, but I think they're much better at hiding their stupid.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The many (17.4 million) voted to leave the EU, the few (16.1 million) did not.

The many voted to trade with the world, the many, (global population 7500 million people) the few voted to constrain us to the whims of the, tiny by comparison, few (EU population ex-UK 450 million people)

Brexit, for the many not the few - clear? Britain is looking to the future whole wide world, not the failing has-been EU.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utk-v_eIcUk
    post brexit catch phrase

15+ Year Old Account
    The EU negotiated trade deals will "bolt on" to the UK day 1 post Brexit in historical reciprocity, thanks for that I guess
    /facedesk

That's probably the most ludicrous idea you've dreamed up in your unicorn filled world sofar.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    /facedesk

That's probably the most ludicrous idea you've dreamed up in your unicorn filled world sofar.
    More ludicrous than the UK going to war with the EU over food (and winning, obviously, since this is Lil' Dribs)? Because I am pretty sure he dreamed that one up before.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    More ludicrous than the UK going to war with the EU over food (and winning, obviously, since this is Lil' Dribs)? Because I am pretty sure he dreamed that one up before.
    Hmmm, I'd say they're equal ludicrous.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    /facedesk

Oh yes, oh yes they will bolt on, already agreed. Signed sealed ready to be delivered...

And in answer to the question in the picture. Oh yes, yes we do. Britain is ready, eurochums you should get ready too. Not long now tick tock...

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes, oh yes they will bolt on, already agreed. Signed sealed ready to be delivered...
    You have a source of course.