View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    In two weeks time, an effective UK government will probably not even exist to negotiate with
    This sounds suspiciously like a precursor to a zombie apocalypse film...
    You can't really dust for vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    This sounds suspiciously like a precursor to a zombie apocalypse film...
    Well looking at the news lately here's where I see us (and by us I mean the country):

May is going for the "Nuclear Option", and by this I mean she is going to to effectively hold the No Deal Shotgun to the countries head to get what she wants. She can't get the DUP onside when the deal involves an Irish Sea border so she's going to blackmail Labour into voting it through because the other option is no deal.

So we get the shitty Chequers Deal and the UK fragments in the next 10 years into England and Wales with a growing Welsh Independence movement.

Welcome to the glorious Great British future of England alone.

Interestingly Nick Clegg has just been on Peston and he claims that many people from within the EU, although he didn't specify who, had told him that they are preparing an emergency brake on free movement similar to that proposed by David Cameron. He also claims that the EU have discussed this with both the Con and Lab leaderships and neither was interested.

Deleted
    I don't really see it that way, the EU could promise unicorns for all and the UK couldn't agree amongst itself whether to accept or not. The UK could promise a unicorn deal to the EU and yet the EU wouldn't agree amongst itself whether to accept or not. Either way, no matter who capitulates most, we still end up with no deal.

There is not a deal in the world that is acceptable to both sides, it's good news for me, the UK and that sweet no deal. In two weeks time, an effective UK government will probably not even exist to negotiate with and just 170 days to cross that Brexit 1.0 finishing line. I'll take a default no deal happily tyvm.

And pretty much anything other than a no deal fires a gun to start the Brexit 2.0 campaign from April.

We Brexiteers will win that one too. Better to take that sweet no deal now, for both sides.
    And there you have it. Not interested in the future of the country, the British people, or anything much other than the victory of this sad little cunt's cult of racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Interestingly Nick Clegg has just been on Peston and he claims that many people from within the EU, although he didn't specify who, had told him that they are preparing an emergency brake on free movement similar to that proposed by David Cameron. He also claims that the EU have discussed this with both the Con and Lab leaderships and neither was interested.
    The funny bit is that this isn't new. You can always close borders within the Schengen area. But... apparently everything EU is a new bloody revelation to fucking Brexiteers.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't really see it that way
    Nobody cares about your opinion, mate. I haven't told you what I think it should be, I have told you what it is. You can disagree with reality, but that'll make you look stupid and not much else.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Nobody cares about your opinion, mate. I haven't told you what I think it should be, I have told you what it is. You can disagree with reality, but that'll make you look stupid and not much else.
    Reality is it is not my opinion but reality itself, pal.

Theresa looks on her way out and Boris favourite for the shoe in as next UK pm? No general election required.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...-a3959371.html

Who would you pick as PM to deal with in negotiations with the UK eurochums? Was Theresa the appeaser the remainers last great hope? Quick quick, running out of tickety tocks for any deal...oh dear
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Theresa looks on her way out and Boris favourite for the shoe in as next UK pm? No general election required.

Who would you pick as PM to deal with in negotiations with the UK eurochums? Was Theresa the appeaser the remainers last great hope? Quick quick, running out of tickety tocks for any deal...oh dear
    The DUP will make a lot of noise but I cannot see them going through with what could be interpreted as a confidence vote and risk Corbyn getting into No. 10.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Eu will not negotiate with Boris and he knows it. he has nothing to offer and Barnier just shaking head will have to suffice.

When will you learn that nobody in the EU, not even the British Government, is interested in the British Press? Heck, we may read the Economist or the Financial Times, even the Times is respectable, but you never quote those. Even you just quoting the Standard discredits the paper, whatever reputation it may have had before. You may quote as many UK centric articles as you like, the British press is utterly clueless and basically has no idea how the EU works or how these negotiations are going.

Boris is getting nowhere, he's a pariah in British politics now. We've learned that much even outside the UK. And I honestly don't care which PM you pick, you're a sovereign nation, don't ask us to do your job for you.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by forthworp1 View Post
    Everyone is interested in the British Press because it has decided every election in living memory. This is one of the dumbest comments I have ever read.

Consistently you have been the same as dribbles in this thread, shallow, xenophobic and spectacularly ignorant of British society or, in fact, much of anything. You are just coming from a different angle than him. You should get together and form your union of petty xenophobic isolationist bastards.
    That explains the type of outcomes your elections have...

Quote Originally Posted by forthworp1 View Post
    Everyone is interested in the British Press because it has decided every election in living memory. This is one of the dumbest comments I have ever read.

Consistently you have been the same as dribbles in this thread, shallow, xenophobic and spectacularly ignorant of British society or, in fact, much of anything. You are just coming from a different angle than him. You should get together and form your union of petty xenophobic isolationist bastards.
    You post record is pretty sad, just tree posts and you felt the need to personally insult someone in every single one of them--and didn't even add anything of interest to any of the threads.
    Whose alt account are you by the way, that you think you can claim to know that much about several posters that you can judge their character and the entirety of their posting history? Not that you got them pegged, no you are pretty far off in all three cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Practically all countries with press freedom have their own variants of gutter trash press, with less serious papers, and others more so.

Id put the problem more around that they still haven't ditched FPTP.

7+ Year Old Account
    The DUP will make a lot of noise but I cannot see them going through with what could be interpreted as a confidence vote and risk Corbyn getting into No. 10.
    Even if the alternative is to accept EU/UK proposals that would effectively annex NI from the UK and turn them into a colony of the EU?

I think they might take that risk if a general election as a result is uncertain and just Theresa May is gone for a new pro-leave Tory PM coronation.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Even if the alternative is to accept EU/UK proposals that would effectively annex NI from the UK and turn them into a colony of the EU?

I think they might take that risk if a general election as a result is uncertain and just Theresa May is gone for a new pro-leave Tory PM coronation.
    The risk for the DUP if they force a GE and Corbyn gets in is that it is likely his sympathies in Ireland don't appear to align with their Unionist ideals.

I don't see anyone within the Con party who is pro-leave, especially at more hard Brexit end of the spectrum, that would guarantee a GE win so it is unlikely that the Cons would put forward a pro-leave candidate.

I feel they'll push May towards to the edge but they will stop or be stopped short of pushing over it.

Well, we told you Ireland is pretty much impossible to solve. The compromise the EU suggests means that Northern Ireland remains in the United Kingdom, but part of the EU customs zones, to prevent a hard border. That's so you can keep the GFA intact, not because we're particularily interested in a tiny speck of land with 1.6 million inhabitants. Heck, my home city alone has more inhabitants than that. Don't even think for a second that the EU has an interest in "annexing" anything from you lot, let alone make a fuss over that little piece of land.

We're just trying to be nice and help you keep the GFA intact to avoid another Troubles. And since the UK hasn't suggested an alternative, it's really up to you to come up with something better. Because the alternative is a clean break of the GFA and the implementation of a border between RoI and NI.

You're actively endorsing a war. That's the most idiotic stance in this thread. This is why your posts keep getting attacked so severely. You're not a Brexiteer, you're a plain oldschool destroy everything anarchist.

- - - Updated - - -

The risk for the DUP if they force a GE and Corbyn gets in is that it is likely his sympathies in Ireland don't appear to align with their Unionist ideals.

I don't see anyone within the Con party who is pro-leave, especially at more hard Brexit end of the spectrum, that would guarantee a GE win so it is unlikely that the Cons would put forward a pro-leave candidate.

I feel they'll push May towards to the edge but they will stop or be stopped short of pushing over it.
    Not to spoil your fun, but... they are already at the edge. They've got juts about 3-4 weeks to figure something out. After that the EU pulls the plug on these negotiations. (You may get a second chance in November, but that'll be it... and getting that chance alone will require some serious effort just to show that it's worth calling the leaders of the member states together for an emergency session... they won't do that for another stillborn chequers plan.)

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, we told you Ireland is pretty much impossible to solve. The compromise the EU suggests means that Northern Ireland remains in the United Kingdom, but part of the EU customs zones, to prevent a hard border. That's so you can keep the GFA intact, not because we're particularily interested in a tiny speck of land with 1.6 million inhabitants. Heck, my home city alone has more inhabitants than that. Don't even think for a second that the EU has an interest in "annexing" anything from you lot, let alone make a fuss over that little piece of land.

We're just trying to be nice and help you keep the GFA intact to avoid another Troubles. And since the UK hasn't suggested an alternative, it's really up to you to come up with something better. Because the alternative is a clean break of the GFA and the implementation of a border between RoI and NI.

You're actively endorsing a war. That's the most idiotic stance in this thread. This is why your posts keep getting attacked so severely. You're not a Brexiteer, you're a plain oldschool destroy everything anarchist.
    The EU compromise is not really one at all. The EU are suggesting that NI stays in the Customs Union and Single Market whereas the mainland UK stays only in A customs union, not THE customs union in perpetuity during a transition that never ends. Theresa the appeaser is considering signing up to this but is unlikely to survive if she does. The DUP won't countenance splitting the UK and will bring down the government, even if that means Marxist Corbyn in power.

Sure the transition could in theory end should the UK/EU agree a free trade deal, but why on earth would the EU ever agree to that when the billions will keep flowing from the UK to the EU without one?

I hear any brexit negotiations have been put off until after the Oct 29th budget in order to stave off the threat of a DUP vote against the government before it. Not like we are short of time is it.

No deal still on the cards by default Slanty, not worried at all here, nothing so far proposed suggest a deal is to be had. EU compromise my arse...

And lest we forget, the obligatory tick tock....

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account

Not to spoil your fun, but... they are already at the edge. They've got juts about 3-4 weeks to figure something out. After that the EU pulls the plug on these negotiations. (You may get a second chance in November, but that'll be it... and getting that chance alone will require some serious effort just to show that it's worth calling the leaders of the member states together for an emergency session... they won't do that for another stillborn chequers plan.)
    oct 17 is the date for next summit, May will have to present her final proposal then. you can not negotiate until nov, unless it is about minor details.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    oct 17 is the date for next summit, May will have to present her final proposal then. you can not negotiate until nov, unless it is about minor details.
    I'm curious if she can get her plan through the commons. I'm guessing this is another stillborn idea, but we'll see. Ironically, it seems to have been suggested by the EU as well. Proof that the British Government is utterly incapable of having an original thought on their own.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious if she can get her plan through the commons. I'm guessing this is another stillborn idea, but we'll see. Ironically, it seems to have been suggested by the EU as well. Proof that the British Government is utterly incapable of having an original thought on their own.
    EU is not interested in May's downfall; giving her an idea to work with is just pragmatic. "no deal" is not on EU's wishlist and we take May over Boris or Rees-Mogg every day, also because it is endgame already and a change in No.10 will solve nothing.

That seems less and less likely ...
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...st-brexit-deal