View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Well I wouldn't say improving. It's somewhat stable at $1.27.5 for £1

May is seriously either in denial or thinking that she's there to hold back something worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    She just screwed over majority of her party that bailed out and only produced hot air. Good move and get fucked monkeys like Boris and reese

Deleted
    Right, straight away, if there was a way to end Brexit, i'd go for that in a heartbeat, unfortunately, that's not a realistic option at this time, so given the choice between a no deal, and Mays deal, i'll easily take Mays deal. Does this mean we in essence become a vassal state of the EU? Yes. But it also means our economy won't completely tank, it means that vital things like medicine and food won't have to be rationed as soon as the borders close when we actually do leave. This gives us a chance, a chance to leave on good terms, a chance to leave with trade agreements already in place, a chance to actually build a bridge to the other side of the chasm, instead of just stepping off into empty air and hoping we'll make it.

Mays deal is realistically the best deal we could get from the EU, and if it doesn't get accepted we're all fucked.

I just do not see this going through parliament, what with the DUP and Labour rejecting it and members of her own party to boot. I suppose she can force people into a corner of saying mine or nothing, sad times continue.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

There's a full recind of article 50 that can happen. That's realistic for anyone with more than 2 brain cells. Sorry but sometimes the people need to be told "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Right, straight away, if there was a way to end Brexit, i'd go for that in a heartbeat, unfortunately, that's not a realistic option at this time, so given the choice between a no deal, and Mays deal, i'll easily take Mays deal. Does this mean we in essence become a vassal state of the EU? Yes. But it also means our economy won't completely tank, it means that vital things like medicine and food won't have to be rationed as soon as the borders close when we actually do leave. This gives us a chance, a chance to leave on good terms, a chance to leave with trade agreements already in place, a chance to actually build a bridge to the other side of the chasm, instead of just stepping off into empty air and hoping we'll make it.

Mays deal is realistically the best deal we could get from the EU, and if it doesn't get accepted we're all fucked.
    The case is still up before the ECJ regarding whether we can unilaterally cancel Article 50. If that gets agreed, then all bets are off. The UK would have an "out". I suspect that this is an outcome that the EU could live with, so I do wonder if any political "leaning" will come down on the ECJ to come to the right decision.

If it comes down to a three way choice of the May approach, no-deal or no-Brexit, I would be hopeful that a second referendum could come to a sensible decision.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean that has been her game for the past few months. The only thing that has evolved is her mentioning remain as an actual option.
    Which just seem oddly timed to me, I'll continue to hold that as my mad hope.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I did enjoy reading this tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Theresa May
    Serving in high office is an honour and privilege. It is also a heavy responsibility - that is true at any time but especially when the stakes are so high. And negotiating the UK's withdrawal from the EU after 40 years and building from the ground up a new and enduring relationship for the good of our children and grandchildren is a matter of the highest consequence. It touches almost every area of our national life - our whole economy and virtually every job, the livelihoods of our fellow citizens, our integrity as a United Kingdom of four nations, our safety and security - all of these are at stake.
    That bit in bold is the first time anyone with a hand in this debacle has mentioned that Brexit is a threat to The Union.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    The case is still up before the ECJ regarding whether we can unilaterally cancel Article 50. If that gets agreed, then all bets are off. The UK would have an "out". I suspect that this is an outcome that the EU could live with, so I do wonder if any political "leaning" will come down on the ECJ to come to the right decision.

If it comes down to a three way choice of the May approach, no-deal or no-Brexit, I would be hopeful that a second referendum could come to a sensible decision.
    You honestly think we're going to get a second referendum in time?

I hate to echo Dribs but tick tock, that cliff is fast approaching, we can worry about ending Brexit when we've actually got something in place, accepting Mays deal doesn't mean that we can't end Brexit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if that happened, would the Brexit crowd pin it all on May and say she sabotaged the negotiations? They will definitely blame the EU.
    And what guarantee does the EU have that a UK government won't try the exact same mess a few years down the line?
    The brexit crowd will continue their populist spiel. But the rest of the public not drunk on their lies will most likely go after the brexit crowd, especially if medicine falls short although who to hang Will take a backseat to surviving this mess.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa Cascade View Post
    dribbles is oddly quiet.
    There is no change in my strong and stable position, the very best deal in the national interest is no deal.

An impotent remainer PM, probably the worst in history, in position but not in power is ideal for me, happy to watch the sands of time run out when by UK law we leave in a few weeks time without a deal. She doesn't have the power to change that law, so it's still c ya eurochums, all the best, been nice knowing you.

Tick tock.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

This is what baffles me, that remainers somehow accepted the "Remoaner" tag and gave up. A slim margin in an advisory referendum preceded by a campaign of lies that have in their entirety been debunked is something you should oppose. I guess it has to do with British culture but if Tsipras had followed the sham of a referendum he made back in 2015 here and tried to pulls out of the Euro, Athens would end up a warzone.
    Because
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa May
    "There will not be a second referendum"
    50/50 splits don't present enough political cover to grow some balls and do what's right.

I mean I would assume that there are constantly polls out there, I'd love to see how the Scots are polling on whether they'd vote for Independence if they had a referendum now with a No Deal most likely outcome.
    About the same as it always does, slightly in favour of remaining in The Union which is pretty surprising. The issue is that this will also spark secessionist movements in NI and Wales.

Correction - 47% would vote for independence if the UK leaves, 43% would vote to remain.

Then to throw in some more stats for NI it's 52% would vote for a united Ireland and 39% would vote to stay in The Union.

source being this article.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8519526.html
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2018-11-15 at 06:04 PM.

Let me get this right...the guy that negotiated the current Brexit "deal" just resigned because he couldn't support the "deal" he negotiated?

Are there any Brexit "leaders" who haven't resigned or scurried off to Europe to make sure they can have EU citizenship?

He didn't really negotiate the deal. May put him in that position then soon after sidelined him and took over it seems.
    Gotcha, that makes it a bit less stupid I guess...a bit : |

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    There is no change in my strong and stable position, the very best deal in the national interest is no deal.

An impotent remainer PM, probably the worst in history, in position but not in power is ideal for me, happy to watch the sands of time run out when by UK law we leave in a few weeks time without a deal. She doesn't have the power to change that law, so it's still c ya eurochums, all the best, been nice knowing you.

Tick tock.
    One of the things I'm most looking forward to when this whole Brexit blows itself out like a damp fart is being able to link the dozens of times you've confidently asserted what's going to happen. All of which are going to prove laughably, hopelessly wrong.

But don't you find it odd that all those Leave politicians and public figures, all those people who knew what to do and how to do it, and NONE of them wanted to be PM to get the whole thing through? Rather than steer the thing through to completion, they preferred to sit on the sidelines and bitch about how it wasn't being done properly.

But that pretty much sums up the Leave crowd. They aren't "do-ers" they are exclusively "whiners". They tell us things aren't right as they are, but don't get involved in fixing them. Which is why the whole Brexit farce was doomed from the start.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Let me get this right...the guy that negotiated the current Brexit "deal" just resigned because he couldn't support the "deal" he negotiated?

Are there any Brexit "leaders" who haven't resigned or scurried off to Europe to make sure they can have EU citizenship?
    Farage is one of them... he got a French wifey, I believe.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Meh, I think that nationalist populations have probably been bleeding across the border for years after the GFA. I doubt NI will ever secede. Even more so Wales.
    Check those stats I put into my edit, by Brexiteer rhetoric they should be leaving right now. Wales will take a long time but it will get there once we are just England+Wales.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Farage is one of them... he got a French wifey, I believe.
    German. They also appear to be estranged.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    One of the things I'm most looking forward to when this whole Brexit blows itself out like a damp fart is being able to link the dozens of times you've confidently asserted what's going to happen. All of which are going to prove laughably, hopelessly wrong.

But don't you find it odd that all those Leave politicians and public figures, all those people who knew what to do and how to do it, and NONE of them wanted to be PM to get the whole thing through? Rather than steer the thing through to completion, they preferred to sit on the sidelines and bitch about how it wasn't being done properly.

But that pretty much sums up the Leave crowd. They aren't "do-ers" they are exclusively "whiners". They tell us things aren't right as they are, but don't get involved in fixing them. Which is why the whole Brexit farce was doomed from the start.
    If you believe "no deal" is the best option and Theresa May is the best person to deliver that, why step in and take the flack she is?

How do you propose that the UK government will achieve anything but a no deal in the current scenario?

tap tap tap I'm waiting....

Anyone? No? Didn't think so.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    If you believe "no deal" is the best option and Theresa May is the best person to deliver that, why step in and take the flack she is?

How do you propose that the UK government will achieve anything but a no deal in the current scenario?

tap tap tap I'm waiting....

Anyone? No? Didn't think so.
    The same way they fuck everything up, that glorious combination of both wilful ignorance and wilful incompetence that seems to blight UK politicians the second they get "MP" attached to their name. All 3 parties will blink and we will get this deal because this deal is the only deal and they won't risk being labelled as the party that scuppered the UK. It's truly remarkable that the Conservatives will shirk the title but nothing ever sticks to these fuckers.