View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    If they gave their lives in WWII they didn't vote to leave the EU.

The youngest person to die while under the employ of the British was 14, he faked being 15 to join the merchant navy. Though for actual military service 18 was the conscription age, but even with the 14 year old that's 87 assuming they joined in 1945. Dunno why this is coming up in a Brexit talk anyway, seeing as we're the ones doing this to ourselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madmossy View Post
    Admit it, you don't like losing, so instead your happy to insult half the population. Considering that some of those who voted Leave fought in WW2 for your freedoms, that's probably not the wisest move on your behalf.
    Fighting against Nazis doesn't automatically make everything else you do in life correct.

Get out of here with that military worship bullshit, leave that to the yanks.

Also, imagine being so out of arguments in favour of Brexit you turn to "well your disrespecting the people who fought against the Nazis".
    Last edited by mmoc8116b97f51; 2018-11-16 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felnoire View Post
    The youngest person to die while under the employ of the British was 14, he faked being 15 to join the merchant navy. Though for actual military service 18 was the conscription age, but even with the 14 year old that's 87 assuming they joined in 1945. Dunno why this is coming up in a Brexit talk anyway, seeing as we're the ones doing this to ourselves.
    Don't bother, it's another one of those 30-50 year old males who think that 'if the war happened now I would definitely enlist and kill all the foreigners'.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

7+ Year Old Account
    A helpful cloggy has produced a flowchart showing all the variations that we could end up with from now until forever...

https://www.sponc.nl/bestanden/image...ns-week-46.jpg

It's too big a picture to post (and needs to be)
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    A helpful cloggy has produced a flowchart showing all the variations that we could end up with from now until forever...

https://www.sponc.nl/bestanden/image...ns-week-46.jpg

It's too big a picture to post (and needs to be)
    I'm not entirely convinced that there is going to be a confidence vote from within the Tories (I think it is likely they are hoping Parliament will vote down May's deal) but other than that interesting chart.
    Last edited by Pann; 2018-11-16 at 09:59 PM.

the conservative party is a joke, they can't even collapse themselves properly lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    just for any fantasies about renegotiations: nope, not going to happen. what's on the table is the divorce deal. take it or no deal or no brexit at all.
    HoC cannot amend it or order May to send brexit secretary (whoever that is now) back to Brussels. ok, they can try to send one, but Barnier will have to deny such motions. the deal is sealed sunday next week (nov 25), when the EU27 have their summit and affirm the deal on their side.

https://twitter.com/BBCkatyaadler/st...89837305307136
    Merkel also explicitly rejected any idea of re-negotiation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I find this type of attitude bizarre. In order for Brexit to be overturned the support of a large part of the 17.4 million "morons" will be needed yet some people spend their time insulting them whilst wondering why they won't come around to their way of thinking.
    Simple... they should've known better. They're adults. Or, as we say in Germany... ignorance doesn't protect you from punishment. There is an alternative, however. Declare that British citizens are categorically unable to make adult decisions and you're looking for another country to run the place for you. I'm sure you'd have a long queue of nations that would like to.. erm, help you.

- - - Updated - - -

Admit it, you don't like losing, so instead your happy to insult half the population. Considering that some of those who voted Leave fought in WW2 for your freedoms, that's probably not the wisest move on your behalf.
    It's not about merely... losing. I'll never understand how some people think real world politics is basically just a forum discussion without consequences. Tollshot is rightly upset, because it's a monumental course change for the nation. For the worse. Without necessity. And no hope of any kind of advantage out of this.

Put it another way... imagine Manchester United decided they'd like to drop out of the Premier League tomorrow and go one division lower. Why? Because at the board meeting they got drunk, had a vote and half of them thought it was just a joke and voted to relegate down. Yeah, that's how stupid this is.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Simple... they should've known better. They're adults. Or, as we say in Germany... ignorance doesn't protect you from punishment. There is an alternative, however. Declare that British citizens are categorically unable to make adult decisions and you're looking for another country to run the place for you. I'm sure you'd have a long queue of nations that would like to.. erm, help you.
    This was meant to be ironic.... right?

In your eyes yes its wrong, but I know what I was saying and know what I meant, not my problem that your being pedantic about it.
    Yes, it is your problem. Because it's people like you that are responsible for Brexit and Trump. You say some retarded bullshit, because it "sounds nice" and then expect everyone to take you at face value. And when they point out the utter moronic nature of your post, you get all defensive and sulky and shit and pretend to be the victim. This isn't about being pedantic, this is about people like you inventing mad fantasies out of wild fancies that distort what's actually going on and misleading other people into making bad decisions. Let alone the decision you're going to make in your life when you believe bullshit like that...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    This was meant to be ironic.... right?
    The latter part, yes. But I'm dead serious about expecting adults to make adult decisions based on their well informed opinion. Note: Well informed. No, British tabloids are not a valid source of information.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    And you accuse me of being bizarre? From day one every instrumental Brexit muppet distanced themselves from the central promises of reduced immigration and more money for the NHS, and ever since its been a downward spiral of brexiteer incompetence and infighting. Yet here you are, a stanch brexiteer, having the gall to blame remainers for bring this country to its knees.

Nice victim blaming.
    I did not accuse you of being bizarre.

They did. I voted remain and I am not blaming others who voted remain for anything, I am simply pointing out that your attitude is not only unwarranted but counter-productive.

Victim blaming?!? I've heard it all now!

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    "Sense of superiority"? You really don't get it do you. This country is on a downward spiral for many years to come because of the ill informed morons with a little Englander mindset.
    Perhaps we could have changed that if people like you had not spent their time insulting others but I guess we'll never know now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy...

https://order-order.com/2018/11/16/m...deal-revealed/

So... the Mogg and other Tory Brexiteers will vote down the deal. So will the DUP. And closet Brexiteer Corbyn. And now Momentum are pushing Labour to vote down the deal.

Whew. I honestly thought Momentum would be more pro-EU, but if they're really going to hammer this deal then I can't see how it's going to survive.

WTO rules here we come !
    Still not tired of winning.

Have some respect for those who gave their lives please.
    How does that work when they're still alive to vote.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I have to ask, can you name me three WTO rules? Or even, just one?
    Not a one.

I know I know, I'm a dreadful ignoramus, not knowing the names of these things.

On the other hand though, who gives two figs about the names?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45112872

It's the numbers and such that matter, after all. An average ~35% tariff on dairy products won't be nice for some of our farmers, but the other CANZUK countries are lining up o do deals with us, not to mention the USA. On the other hand, we get out from under the ECJ, get our fisheries back, and (being a 1st world economy that's done very well for the last few hundred years) will, I'm confident, be doing pretty well for ourselves in a year or two.
    Still not tired of winning.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    WTO rules here we come !
    Right, anyone else who wants to cheer for the worst possible trade rules?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Not a one.
    So you don't like a thing you know nothing about? That seems reasonable I guess.

Not a one.

It's the numbers and such that matter, after all. An average ~35% tariff on dairy products won't be nice for some of our farmers, but the other CANZUK countries are lining up o do deals with us, not to mention the USA. On the other hand, we get out from under the ECJ, get our fisheries back, and (being a 1st world economy that's done very well for the last few hundred years) will, I'm confident, be doing pretty well for ourselves in a year or two.
    You'll be lucky if you haven't lost any lives in those one or two years. Extremely lucky.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not a one.

Name one country that is lining up for a trade deal with the UK after a no deal Brexit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Not a one.

Ah the fisheries... the same fisheries who just catch all fish in the sea/ocean and then discover, when there is none, that there is nothing to catch. And those Brits dont care about anyone else concerning them fisheries