View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    slants gonna get banned for telling you to fuck off, but hes spot on.

This is pure dogshit.
    Just another moron knowing absolutely nothing about one of the most transparent political entities on this planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Heres what should happen,

Send farage, boris and every other fucking brexit cunt going to negotiate for 3 months with the EU, and whatever they come back with put against Remain on a ballot.
    I'm kinda for this tbh. When Cameron departed in disgrace it shouldn't have gone to a normal leadership election. He should of been able to nominate BoJo as PM with ERG as his Cabinet. Then they should of been made to get on with it. The biggest problem with Brexit (aside from Brexit itself...the economic implications, the diminished power and sovereignty, the fracturing of the Union and a national divide that will never be healed no matter how many times the BBC interviews Racist Sunderland Gran or Former BNP Market Stall Owner shouting "JUST GET ON WITH IT!") is that th Brexiteer's will walk away from this intact, when they should of been dragged into the light to.combust like the vampires they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    the format sucks dick.

it parades the most extreme points of view. You get what 5 people answering extremely complex questions within 2 minutes who resort to mainly to catchphrases. Guests that shouldn't have a platform, and when they are they don't get called out at all.

That geezer charles moore 2 weeks ago who called climate change project fear but no one pointed out hes on the Global Warming Policy Foundation which is a anti science climate denial 'educational charity'.

I should die with Dimbleby.

The only decent debate at the moment is on fucking podcasts.

I think we should make one, we can call it 'another 3 white men make a podcast'. fuck working i want the internet grifter money.
    Hmmss... this is an interesting one. I hate climate change deniers. However, in terms of denying people a platform, how do you make those decisions? Where do you draw the line. How about Thatcher and the IRA broadcasting voice restrictions in the late 80s / early 90s. Was that right?

Maybe the decision should lie with the factual content of an opinion. E.g., climate change can no longer be denied therefore he shouldn't have been given a platform.

All I hear at the moment, regardless of the format or medium be it on the radio or tv is people with different opinions shouting at each other. I don't think this is going to change. And regardless of how you feel about Dimbleby, at least these programs engage people with the crisis in a way reality tv doesn't.

What podcasts?
    You can't really dust for vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Never seen them advocate for Leave. Plenty of Tory bias and devils advocate/contrarianism but never a post that was actually in favour of Leave. I've no idea what you're on about with stamina though, the Trump topics are over yonder.
    Thank you.

Just to clear things up a bit. I voted remain and I still believe that remaining is best for the UK's long term future, however I also believe that to ignore the referendum would cause immeasurable damage to the UK's democracy. I have said before that I do not believe that democracy is a one time event and as a result I do not oppose a 2nd referendum but if one is to go ahead then, imo, the politicians and people's vote supporters need to be honest that they are proposing it because they want to remain, not pussyfoot around all this we're all better informed nonsense. As remainers we need to stop demonising those who voted leave, they are not all stupid or racists or this, that and the other, and we need to make our case honestly.

With regard to Tory bias, I can assure you that is not my intention (it is interesting how we come across to others and I will try to take it on board) I think they have done and continue to a dreadful job with Brexit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    As a remainer and a voter of remain I think a second refferendum should be held letting this chaos proceed because idiots where lied too and are still idiots is utter foolishness, the first referendum should NOT be honoured at all, remainers who say it should be were'nt really remainers to begin with but undecided who just follow a bandwagon.
    I simply cannot understand this point of view. You say you want another referendum but in order for it to return the result you desire you need the support of those who you insult and try to undermine. Do you not see how counter productive your attitude is?

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    The irony is that, normally, the BBC is criticised for picking audiences that are left-biased. It's happened time after time - UKIP railing against the BBC for picking a 'hostile' audience.
    To the Right the BBC is considered too far to the left. To the left BBC is considered too far to the right. To Remainers BBC caters too much to Brexiteers, to Brexiteers it caters too much to remainers.

Something is definitely up here. Maybe the happy medium doesn't exist in the UK and we're just way too broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    To the Right the BBC is considered too far to the left. To the left BBC is considered too far to the right. To Remainers BBC caters too much to Brexiteers, to Brexiteers it caters too much to remainers.

Something is definitely up here. Maybe the happy medium doesn't exist in the UK and we're just way too broken.
    I always see the complaining about BBC bias as a measure of their impartiality. If the complaints from one side stop then we should worry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post

Yep, you're right, criticism of the BBC doesn't come from just one side does it. I guess it's just people's confirmation bias.

Still, personally, I'd rather have my opinions challenged than just listen to people I agree with.

Yep, you're right, criticism of the BBC doesn't come from just one side does it. I guess it's just people's confirmation bias.

Still, personally, I'd rather have my opinions challenged than just listen to people I agree with.

No, you wouldn't!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post

No, you wouldn't!
    That wasn't 5 minutes!

That wasn't 5 minutes!
    I'm afraid it was!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm afraid it was!
    Do not start lol, we will be here all night. It'll be worse than the fish puns.

Do not start lol, we will be here all night. It'll be worse than the fish puns.
    No! We won't!

But yeah, you're probably right.

Deleted
    Lots of news coming out of Westminster of cross party talks about a second referendum.

And unlike what other Remainers are saying, i'm fully behind a second referendum to overturn the result of the first referendum, fuck the Leavers, i'm done standing idly by as they charge relentlessly towards a cliff edge dragging the rest of us with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Lots of news coming out of Westminster of cross party talks about a second referendum.

And unlike what other Remainers are saying, i'm fully behind a second referendum to overturn the result of the first referendum, fuck the Leavers, i'm done standing idly by as they charge relentlessly towards a cliff edge dragging the rest of us with them.
    But but but....the will of the people!

In seriousness though we can only thank The Dark Lord JRM for completely ceding the point on unimpeachable democratic majorities. Fuck suicide pacts.

I'd be very cautious about this news, from what I have heard it was to go ahead it will be a choice between no-deal and May's deal (but obviously it is early days and news on the internet needs to be treated with a degree of scepticism).

Deleted
    I'd be very cautious about this news, from what I have heard it was to go ahead it will be a choice between no-deal and May's deal (but obviously it is early days and news on the internet needs to be treated with a degree of scepticism).
    If it's No Deal or Mays Deal, i'll vote for Mays Deal in a heartbeat as, I should think, any intelligent being would. Mays deal is utterly terrible when compared to what we have now (as every Remainer knew it would be), but atleast it gives us a few more years to overturn the result and fight our way back in to the EU.

But we currently have a government that strongly supports Remaining, I can't imagine Mays Deal will pass without a vote from Parliament, so if thats off the table, the only 2 options are Leave and Remain. According to all the current polls, Remain wins.

I frankly don't understand why people would be against a 2nd referendum. Now that people actually know what brexit entails, a more informed decision can be made on the matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Deleted
    In all honesty I cannot understand how someone could look at how Brexit is going and think "Yep, I want that for my country."
    Are you honestly surprised right now that very many people are heavily uninformed? Both in and outside the UK, both in and outside the EU, etc mass media has devolved into a tool for disinformation with the single purpose of selling people a narrative they enjoy in order to attract money/views/investments.

I've seen a lot of people in the thread that blame Farage,Boris, etc but they had 1 vote each and they were mostly looking out of their self interests in all of this. Sure, the buss was a lie, but its not like that alone won the election. They appealed to the British people the right way through emotion speeches and not true hard facts, and deep down the majority wanted a change.

This is why some people are eurosceptics in other countries as well. They want some sort of change. No, none wants to go through what the UK is going through.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Are you honestly surprised right now that very many people are heavily uninformed? Both in and outside the UK, both in and outside the EU, etc social media has devolved into a tool for disinformation with the single purpose of selling people a narrative they enjoy in order to attract money/views/investments
    fixed that for you

They appealed to the British people the right way through emotion speeches and not true hard facts
    not sure how campaigning on lies and exaggerations can be considered "the right way"

Are you honestly surprised right now that very many people are heavily uninformed? Both in and outside the UK, both in and outside the EU, etc mass media has devolved into a tool for disinformation with the single purpose of selling people a narrative they enjoy in order to attract money/views/investments.

I've seen a lot of people in the thread that blame Farage,Boris, etc but they had 1 vote each and they were mostly looking out of their self interests in all of this. Sure, the buss was a lie, but its not like that alone won the election. They appealed to the British people the right way through emotion speeches and not true hard facts, and deep down the majority wanted a change.

This is why some people are eurosceptics in other countries as well. They want some sort of change. No, none wants to go through what the UK is going through.
    Uh, "the media is a tool for disinformation!" "Sure, the bus was a lie, but it's not like that won the election!"

How you reconcile your stance here, I'll never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..