View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    You're getting answers. That you keep ignoring them is less a sign that your questions aren't being answered and more a sign of the level of ignorance you seem to endulge in.

Did you already forget the lesson in EU democracy I gave you earlier today?
    Brexit is an ongoing lesson in democracy that the EU are struggling to understand. Almost as though it is an alien concept that millions of people might reject them. A hard lesson indeed.

Just imagine being spurned by millions and millions of people, no wonder the EU presidents always look a little sour, depressed and tearful these days.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Brexit is an ongoing lesson in democracy that the EU are struggling to understand. Almost as though it is an alien concept that millions of people might reject them. A hard lesson indeed.

Just imagine being spurned by millions and millions of people, no wonder the EU presidents always look a little sour, depressed and tearful these days.
    This is what you are reduced to now? With all the "benefits" of Brexit going up in smoke the best you can manage is a rambling shit post lazily aimed towards to the EU? A desparate fact-free prayer for reality to bend towards your hopes and dreams. I really thought that even you were better than this Dribbles. Sad.

Maybe you should go back to the fascist wet dreams. At least you are own ground you know then.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Yes. Referendums where lies and campaign finance law violations fed a machine of disinformation aimed at hoodwinking voters to believing that their vision of Brexit was going to come to fruition (regardless of their position) are a shining example of democracy in action.

Brexit is the absolute worse example how democracy, if the whole brexit shitshow just shows that you should never listen tot he fringe racist brown-shirts who's existence is dictated by anger and fear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Yes. Referendums where lies and campaign finance law violations fed a machine of disinformation aimed at hoodwinking voters to believing that their vision of Brexit was going to come to fruition (regardless of their position) are a shining example of democracy in action.
    This is a nice article from the Guardian...some of these positions really haven't aged well now have they

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...st-likely-burn

So, you got your answer. Then you whinge about not getting answers and when I point out that you're ignoring the answer, you pretend I didn't just give you an answer and invent some fantasy about how somehow the EU isn't understanding democracy? I mean, you are utterly deluded, but could you at least make an effort not to come off as an imbecile when you do?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

ah Dribbles, my good amusing friend from the UK. What do you think of a nexit? And we steal all your nice plans?

Crushing assessment from an economist. It's a bit older, but most of his points are still valid. And some of his predictions (Germany not caving) came true, too.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    ah Dribbles, my good amusing friend from the UK. What do you think of a nexit? And we steal all your nice plans?
    Will you be allowed to have a vote though? And if you did get one and voted "wrong" you'd just be told to vote again and again until you voted right. Right? Democracy in the UK is different to the dictatorial system you in the EU enjoy...

Crushing assessment from an economist. It's a bit older, but most of his points are still valid. And some of his predictions (Germany not caving) came true, too.
    Shame the thread moved on from cars recently with this just published today from the Halle Institute for Economic Research

100,000 jobs could be at risk in Germany if the UK leaves EU with a no-deal Brexit, study warns

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...udy-warns.html

No wonder you were celebrating that Japan/EU trade deal, with the collapse of your car industry at least you'll be able to still purchase a Honda, you know those made in the UK ones...

A hard lesson indeed.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Will you be allowed to have a vote though? And if you did get one and voted "wrong" you'd just be told to vote again and again until you voted right. Right? Democracy in the UK is different to the dictatorial system you in the EU enjoy...

Shame the thread moved on from cars recently with this just published today from the Halle Institute for Economic Research

100,000 jobs could be at risk in Germany if the UK leaves EU with a no-deal Brexit, study warns

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...udy-warns.html

No wonder you were celebrating that Japan/EU trade deal, with the collapse of your car industry at least you'll be able to still purchase a Honda, you know those made in the UK ones...

A hard lesson indeed.
    How is this surprising you? We knew this would happen. Unlike you, we don't pretend unicorns will shit gold that feeds us. We've always said the EU would take a blow. You keep quoting these silly articles, and yet you keep ignoring the same articles describing consequences for Britain. How twisted is your mind actually? You think you'll be creating jobs with Brexit, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    “Close alignment with the single market, underpinned by ‘shared’ institutions”? WTF does that mean? Doesn’t mean anything. He has no intention of doing anything other than end freedom of movement.
    A copy of the EU under a new name (I propose "English Union" EU for short) where England gets all the votes bot doesn't need to pay for anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    How is this surprising you? We knew this would happen. Unlike you, we don't pretend unicorns will shit gold that feeds us. We've always said the EU would take a blow. You keep quoting these silly articles, and yet you keep ignoring the same articles describing consequences for Britain. How twisted is your mind actually? You think you'll be creating jobs with Brexit, aren't you?
    Well don't jump off the cliff edge then? Give the UK its cherries and cake and do the deal. Or suffer the consequences of more unemployed. Did you know the unemployment rate across the EU has already been calculated at 7% without the UK in to skew the figures for the better? Disgraceful.

Get your EU politicians to work in your interest for once, aren't they accountable to you for their actions or in this case inaction?

Oh don't bother answering that, we already know they are not.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well don't jump off the cliff edge then? Give the UK its cherries and cake and do the deal. Or suffer the consequences of more unemployed. Did you know the unemployment rate across the EU has already been calculated at 7% without the UK in to skew the figures for the better? Disgraceful.

Get your EU politicians to work in your interest for once, aren't they accountable to you for their actions or in this case inaction?

Because doing the deal [you would want] would probably make it worse?

EU politicians are working in my interest. I'd rather sacrifice those 100k jobs than risk the core integrity of the EU, the stability and economic future of Europe. I'll vote for all of them again. What now, you asked for answers, you're getting them. Don't like what you hear? Going "lalala" while covering your ears? Once again? Like always?

I would like to remind you that it was the UK that voted to leave, not the other way around.

The people of the UK are tired of listening to experts. Apparently the majority of this country would rather listen to a car salesman than a mechanic when appraising the value of a vehicle.

EU politicians are working in my interest. I'd rather sacrifice those 100k jobs than risk the core integrity of the EU, the stability and economic future of Europe. I'll vote for all of them again. What now, you asked for answers, you're getting them. Don't like what you hear? Going "lalala" while covering your ears? Once again? Like always?
    He whines about jobs, but theres 1000's of job coming to the Netherlands.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    He whines about jobs, but theres 1000's of job coming to the Netherlands.
    Come on cloggies, pull your finger out of the dike and get your heads out of the sand. You've had more than two years to prepare for this...

The Dutch Chamber of Commerce says

Three-quarters of entrepreneurs are not well prepared and the majority, 58%, of Dutch companies who trade with the UK have not made a plan or put in place measures for a No Deal Brexit.

https://www.kvk.nl/advies-en-informa...ed-voorbereid/

You got to do better than that now you have increased EU membership fees to pay.

Come on cloggies, pull your finger out of the dike and get your heads out of the sand. You've had more than two years to prepare for this...

The Dutch Chamber of Commerce says

Three-quarters of entrepreneurs are not well prepared and the majority, 58%, of Dutch companies who trade with the UK have not made a plan or put in place measures for a No Deal Brexit.

https://www.kvk.nl/advies-en-informa...ed-voorbereid/

You got to do better than that now you have increased EU membership fees to pay.
    According to these two studies, British companies are as unprepared, if not even more so.

https://www.ft.com/content/5c737284-...6-2022a0b02a6c

http://www.cbi.org.uk/cbi-prod/asset...y-write-up.pdf

The unreadiness of the British government has British companies wasting energy and time on planning for every possible outcome to Brexit. In particular, multi-national companies are finding it hard to justify committing money to investments in the UK due to Brexit.

So, ripping a big contributor out of the biggest trade bloc creates problems for everyone involved? What a shocker! His outrage is so fake, it's embarassing.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, ripping a big contributor out of the biggest trade bloc creates problems for everyone involved? What a shocker! His outrage is so fake, it's embarassing.
    It was not as though you weren't warned that the EU needs the UK more than the UK needs the EU. Too busy doing your lalala in the ears thing?

Going "lalala" while covering your ears? Once again? Like always?
    Let's see what the Irish exporters association said just a couple of weeks ago...

“We now find ourselves with a 70-day window where I don’t think we are prepared as a country.

“We are, to put it bluntly, screwed.”

http://irishexporters.ie/wp-content/...17-January.pdf

That's right. The EU is screwed, because the unelected elites in Brussels chose not to listen and pass the UK a piece of cake. Oh well, quick time check, 1 sec...

46 days to go eurochums.... tick tock