View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    And yet another poll just out on the back of the yougov one yesterday that showed everywhere in England but London wants a no deal...

More would prefer a no-deal Brexit than a long delay to Brexit with the UK participating in European Parliament elections. Forced to choose between no deal, Theresa May's deal or a long delay with EU elections, 41% prefer no deal, 35% a long delay with EU elections, with just 16% favouring the prime minister's plan - nine percent answered 'don't know'.

https://news.sky.com/story/european-...-poll-11685011

The tide is turning against the remainers who seem to be becoming as rare as hens teeth. When will the politicians listen to the people who pay their wages and do as they're told?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So... Rees-Mogg is basically repositioning himself for a world of indefinite extensions, a Schrodinger's Brexit which allows him to ceaselessly bitch about the EU and reap the gullible fuck votes but never actually have the UK leave?

Jesus that's probably the best possible outcome for him.
    Mogg wants to be able to do dodgy backroom deals and tax avoidance schemes without EU regulations getting in the way. I think Farage first got involved for personal profit reasons but now he seems to just enjoy the fame/infamy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    And yet another poll just out on the back of the yougov one yesterday that showed everywhere in England but London wants a no deal...

More would prefer a no-deal Brexit than a long delay to Brexit with the UK participating in European Parliament elections. Forced to choose between no deal, Theresa May's deal or a long delay with EU elections, 41% prefer no deal, 35% a long delay with EU elections, with just 16% favouring the prime minister's plan - nine percent answered 'don't know'.

https://news.sky.com/story/european-...-poll-11685011

The tide is turning against the remainers who seem to be becoming as rare as hens teeth. When will the politicians listen to the people who pay their wages and do as they're told?
    You seem to have made a mistake with your copy+paste, where is the poll you read that had the Remain option?

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    French diplomatic sources described Mr Tusk's suggestion as a "clumsy test balloon".

I'm almost going full Acidbaron on this....

It's ridiculous. There should be no extension granted without major caveats.

I would be so ashamed if, in the event of a toxic election, hordes of Farage-wannabes were inflicted on the EP and behaved in the manner JRM is suggesting. It's disgusting.

Invade us.
    Honestly, considering how deep the crisis of democracy in the UK is, it would be rather easy to make a case for the UK not meeting EU requirements (aka, follow the referendum as per the UK domestic logic of the legal system) and revoke their voice in decisions until the UK meets the requirements again (aka, leaves the EU).

So... JRM can whinge all day long, the EU isn't defenseless. I mean, granted, that would make the UK an actual vassal state. But if that's what JRM asks for, he may well get it. Either in or out, make up your mind, UK. You have until Wednesday.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Rather unsurprisingly it appears that the cross party talks have resulted in.... nothing.

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1114197399210201089
    So... despite rumours to the contrary, her red lines seem to be holding.

In other words - fantastic win for May. Playing down the clock yet further.

Sturgeon said it was a trap! And indeed it was.

No more indicative votes as Bercow (ironically) cast the deciding Noe.

Therefore options are:

- mass Remainer resignations: now, not later, now! Caretaker government pleads with EU.
    - MV4 passes
    - no deal

Rather unsurprisingly it appears that the cross party talks have resulted in.... nothing.

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1114197399210201089
    Her letter also is a lot of hot air. That letter alone does nothing more than notify EU leaders that they'll have to listen to her drone on and on about Brexit meaning Brexit and the will of her people... yadda yadda.

I hope Kurz and Macron don't pull the punches this time. I suspect Merkel will be a key figure. If she throws Germany's weight in with France, the game's up. If she continues to side with the smaller member states and asks for countenance, we might see an extension until May 22nd. I do not see an extension longer than that.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Mogg wants to be able to do dodgy backroom deals and tax avoidance schemes without EU regulations getting in the way.
    What evidence do you have for this accusation? And isn't it a bit counter-productive that Rees-Mogg's investment fund has recently expanded in to Dublin if his goal was to avoid EU taxation rules?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That is because Bercow was following precedent right? Not by personal choice?
    Yes.

A picture is worth a thousand words:

Last edited by LeGin Tufnel; 2019-04-05 at 05:13 PM.

What evidence do you have for this accusation? And isn't it a bit counter-productive that Rees-Mogg's investment fund has recently expanded in to Dublin if his goal was to avoid EU taxation rules?
    Because Dublin as of now has among the lowest tax rates for this sort of thing. See, London is losing its status as the world's financial centre. And Dublin is gearing up to be the replacement. Why is he moving it there? Because everyone that isn't on the move to Paris or Frankfurt is moving there. London? Soon to be a ghost town with fancy buildings decaying because nobody got the money to maintain them.

I think he is a glass of gin away from "I don't want to live on this planet anymore".
    I heard his wife isn't helping.

I think he is a glass of gin away from "I don't want to live on this planet anymore".
    Tell me about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    That is because Bercow was following precedent right? Not by personal choice?
    If the vote is the one I'm thinking of, he voted against due to precedent: "... important decisions should not be made without a majority... it's not for the chair to create a majority that doesn't otherwise exist...".

Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    If the vote is the one I'm thinking of, he voted against due to precedent: "... important decisions should not be made without a majority... it's not for the chair to create a majority that doesn't otherwise exist...".
    Yes. Hence his facepalm of epic proportions.

What would have been funny is if he'd voted Aye. Then we'd have had some tears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Any mentally ill people with a home made pistol got some time on their hands?
    Not cool. That's not a topic to make a flippant comment on, either you're saying it jokingly/wistfully in extremely poor taste, or you're serious and that's even worse.

Also don't insult people with mental health problems, he assassinated Jo Cox because he was a white supremacist neo nazi.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2019-04-05 at 05:52 PM.

So labour saying may is not budging. So it seems the talks have been her begging labour to back the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by thopwoth View Post
    Sorry isn't this supposed to be all Labour's fault for reasons somehow? Isn't their sole raison d'etre wrecking Brexit while throwing bricks at synagogues in their free time?
    No - no-one's ever said it's 100% Labour's fault. It's partially Labour's fault and partially the Tories' fault. Insert percentages according to preference.

I've always gone along with 90% (Tories incl. initial Cameron decision) - 10% (Labour).

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Not cool. That's not a topic to make a flippant comment on, either you're saying it jokingly/wistfully in extremely poor taste, or you're serious and that's even worse.
    I dunno, I wouldn't be blaming anyone or shedding a tear if they did, eg. shoot David Cameron, or Tony Blair. Some things you shouldn't be able to just walk away from. Maybe if the threat of "getting shot by an angry member of the public instead of waltzing onto the boards of several big companies and the 5 figure after dinner speech circuit" existed as a potential result from being a morally bankrupt politican, they'd behave better. Instead we just kinda bend over
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Mental health issues aside - in all honesty, I wonder how many steps we are removed from this, though.

That's why, if I were an MP, I'd vote for MV4 quick smart next week.

I despise the fact that May has refused to alter her red lines, but I think the alternative is a lot more scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    oh my fucking god, now they are asking to extend it to june 30

getting sick and tired of these monkeys not being able to come to a fucking deal.
    Really? Really? June 30? I had no idea. Fucking monkeys. Honestly.

15+ Year Old Account
    June 30? Sooo they must hold EU elections but leave a month later?

I'm not even surprised anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I dunno, I wouldn't be blaming anyone or shedding a tear if they did, eg. shoot David Cameron, or Tony Blair. Some things you shouldn't be able to just walk away from. Maybe if the threat of "getting shot by an angry member of the public instead of waltzing onto the boards of several big companies and the 5 figure after dinner speech circuit" existed as a potential result from being a morally bankrupt politican, they'd behave better. Instead we just kinda bend over
    You wouldn't be blaming anyone if they "shot Tony Blair"? Really?

I mean, David Cameron. Fair enough.

But Tony Blair?

/sarcasm