View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Nice! I like that very much. Nothing like a bit of Latin to conjure up some apocalyptic imagery.

Ya hear, Dribbles! No retreat, no surrender!

Carpe vinum
    Dribs seems more like the Carpe coles type.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    And Wales.

Every area in England and Wales, apart from London (which was skewed by EU foreigners voting), got more Brexit Party MEP's than any other Party.
    Funny, I've been reading about how EU foreigners could not vote in Britain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop feeding dribbles, people. He's not posting in good faith and is not worth the effort.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

And Wales.

Every area in England and Wales, apart from London (which was skewed by EU foreigners voting), got more Brexit Party MEP's than any other Party. And those Scots, despite the huffing and puffing, will do as they are told...they adore us really and, like a reluctant lover, just play hard to get.
    EU citizens voting for the EU Parliament. That is, they would, if the UK actually understood the concept of democracy.
    Last edited by Slant; 2019-05-28 at 07:08 AM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Oh I've family members who he very much reminds me of, no feasible plan, no answer for the Irish border, no way of safeguarding the country's future.

This country is straight up split on leave vs remain, and looking at the map, the European elections almost mirrored the referendum, albeit at an overall lower turnout.

Time has not changed minds, if anything areas that felt strongly one way or the other have reinforced that belief.

Proud of my little spot of yellow in a sea of teal tho.
    THis would actually be bad news for the extreme right if the overal share was about the same. Low turnout elections usually favors the extreme right and not the center/left and the EU elections are notorious low turnout.

This election kind of shows that the extreme overplayed there hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Pretty much. The far right is far more likely to show up at elections to show their discontent than moderates ever are. By all accounts, they have been contained in specific countries. Realistically there is nothing that can be done about Poland and Hungary. Italian politics are . . .what they have always been which is to say unique. France is an issue though and bears watching. Keep in mind that unlike the far right in many other countries, Le Pen has made enormous efforts to legitimize her party.
    They are still a problem in countries where they do not have a path to government of course; if not for AfD, e.g. Germany would probably be able to build a far more stable government.
    France is France, the people all massively vote for the next guy to make sure the racist skinhead don't get in power.

Netherlands may be the best example in how far the real reach goes for the extreme right. THere is an upper cap in how much votes they can get and the moment there is a second party they will start stealing each others votes.

Btw on Brexit. What happened in Northern Ireland with the EU elections?
    Sinn Féin 1 (no change), DUP 1 (no change), Alliance (NI version of Lib Dems) 1 (they had 0 before).

I meant percentages, I knew Alliance got UUP's seat. What percent went to pro-Remain parties.
    Ah, sorry

After the final vote allocations, SF had 27%, DUP had 25%, Alliance had 30% - SF and Alliance are anti Brexit, DUP are pro Brexit but anti NI-UK hard border (so eventually anti Brexit).
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-05-28 at 10:49 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, he is posting in bad faith. When he depicts Labour voters as pro-Brexit in their entirety, that is bad faith.
    Please don't put words into my mouth. I never claimed Labour were wholly leave or remain. But it is widely accepted that 5 million Labour voters voted for Brexit. It is quite fair to say that a good chunk of Green voters would also vote for brexit but for their overriding concerns about climate change or wotnot.

Labour's position is all over the place and only the single issue Brexit party offers clarity to people who have a firm view on Brexit.

It is remainers who are misappropriating Tory and Labour votes as wholly remain in order to falsely inflate their narrative.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Especially now apparently Corbyn is backing a second referendum.
    Does he now.

(today's The Times)
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2019-05-28 at 11:59 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Especially now apparently Corbyn is backing a second referendum.

dribbles is just better left to his own delusions.
    Arch remainer Alistair Campbell puts the Labour party position quite succinctly as he is expelled today for voting Lib Dem at the election.

“If the Labour party carries on with this sort of facing both ways and pretending to leavers that we’re leave and pretending to remainers that we’re remain, the chances are of oblivion down the track.”

Lots of low hanging fruit there for the moderate Brexit party who increasingly are occupying the centre ground as the old main parties move to the fringes and self destruct.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

So 57% clearly pro-Remain.
    Will always be the case in areas that are immediately & directly impacted by Brexit - the Gibraltar 77.4% Lib Dem vote being another example.

Slightly amusing - 8% of Gibraltar voted for the Farage party, in part due to "anger at the way the EU has backed Spain during the withdrawal negotiations"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Will always be the case in areas that are immediately & directly impacted by Brexit - the Gibraltar 77.4% Lib Dem vote being another example.

Slightly amusing - 8% of Gibraltar voted for the Farage party, in part due to "anger at the way the EU has backed Spain during the withdrawal negotiations"
    A great way of protesting something they don't like by doing something that assures happening what they don't like!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Arch remainer Alistair Campbell puts the Labour party position quite succinctly as he is expelled today for voting Lib Dem at the election.

“If the Labour party carries on with this sort of facing both ways and pretending to leavers that we’re leave and pretending to remainers that we’re remain, the chances are of oblivion down the track.”

Lots of low hanging fruit there for the moderate Brexit party who increasingly are occupying the centre ground as the old main parties move to the fringes and self destruct.
    Given the votes of the last year there does not seem to be any way a kind of moderate brexit will happen. The hardliners would find it a betrayal and vote it down and the remainers would find it a betrayal and vote it down. Honestly I think the only likely outcomes are hard brexit or no brexit. I think the last year or so has shown that nobody is going to be able to square the circle of a plan that brexits in a "moderate fashion" there are just too many divergent desires that are mutually exclusive. Now if NI and ireland fully reunify that opens up a lot of more middle of the road brexiting options that can't really function while NI is in its neither fish nor fowl status.

after she accused them of being far-right.

If someone calls you a racist, the best response is obviously to prove them right?

“I think they meant ‘Go home to bed’,”
    Yikes for creativity.
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-05-28 at 03:01 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    after she accused them of being far-right.
    being far right is an accusation?
    i thought far right leaning people were proud of their political stance.

I wouldn't really quote Campbell as justification of anything. We've been trying to get rid of the twat for years. If he became an undertaker people would stop dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    being far right is an accusation?
    i thought far right leaning people were proud of their political stance.
    Those voting for Brexit Party do not identify themselves as far-right, so, yes, it is accusation as far as they are concerned.

Because, really, if far-right had that many people in UK, you would had much bigger problems then cries "Go Home!".

10+ Year Old Account
    So I hear on the radio today that there is a big possibility that the UK may vote a second time on leaving the EU?

Is this true or radio clickbait?