View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Yes, but an interim government is not enough when the authorisation by parliament is needed and parliament gets dissolved for a GE.

- - - Updated - - -

Because suspending voting rights is a step before suspension of membership.
    Cannot suspend membership without first suspending voting rights and issuing a warning.
    (Which is as it should be, the EU has a duty to every citizen of every member state.)
    I dont think the eu can suspend memership. At least i am not aware of any law about that in the treaties. Do you know one?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Yep, I agree, but it's a shame this sort of honesty wasn't forthcoming in 2016.

Admitting to lemmings *now* that the knock-on effect of jumping over a cliff isn't particularly palatable, isn't as helpful as it would have been when the UK voted.

Carry On Regardless - starring Jeremy *unt.
    Let's assume you were polite and meant Runt ...
    Hammond is coming to the rescue and laying out why the RuntyDumpty's and BoJo the Clown's claims are so fucking outlandish. In case anyone actually believed them
    https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/stat...48777908822016

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I dont think the eu can suspend memership. At least i am not aware of any law about that in the treaties. Do you know one?
    There isn't any. The EU can suppress rights under circumstances, program funding and voting rights being the most drastic ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    There isn't any. The EU can suppress rights under circumstances, program funding and voting rights being the most drastic ones.
    Yep, that's how I understood it. But Noradin seemed to think they can actually suspend membership. Perhaps he means the same and just uses "suspend" for the same thing.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by cathwathal View Post
    What the fuck is wrong with you? There is this thing called google. You type words into it.
    It's called "having a conversation among adults."

Quote Originally Posted by cathwathal View Post
    Alternatively you can spend ten seconds googling.
    Yes, I could.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, that's how I understood it. But Noradin seemed to think they can actually suspend membership. Perhaps he means the same and just uses "suspend" for the same thing.
    Suspending is sadly very hard without full support, as we can now Experience with Hungary and Poland when holding that threat above their heads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And the EU is on the same track (well five months, not six). It's more about the trade war and our deficit with China getting bigger than it is about Brexit tbh.
    Isn't it also mostly because now in the UK, the surplus they had from creating "buffers" for goods has reached their max effect and now with the Brexit not happening and further extension it is all now falling to "correct" values, as in without that period of over production.

Could be wrong though, haven't really kept track all that much since this whole brexit business has turned into one big endurance competition.

Hammond is coming to the rescue and laying out why the RuntyDumpty's and BoJo the Clown's claims are so fucking outlandish. In case anyone actually believed them
    https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/stat...48777908822016
    The problem is that Hammond will be out on his ear as will Gauke, Clarke, Stewart etc. BJ is going to surround himself with no-dealers hellbent on ruining the country. They will take no notice of him.

Over on the other side, Corbyn is pissed that wags in the civil service are briefing he's "too frail" to be prime minister.

Corbyn, 70, has said he is “a very fit, a very healthy and very active person.”

He would be the oldest prime minister ever at first appointment. But given that Bernie is 79, I don't really see the issue. Unless he was having Reagan-like Alzheimers moments every day.

Well, it took the EU 20 years. The difference is, the EU thinks in very long terms and they don't care how long something takes. I mean, the timing is impeccable, but to be honest, it's pure coincidence that it's happening during Brexit. When the EU started talking with these parties, nobody thought something like Brexit was possible. Heck, I'm not even sure if A50 existed back then.

- - - Updated - - -

Just in the past 3 years, we got Canada, Japan and now MERCOSUR. Autralia/NZ talks have officially begun, so we're on track for that as well. Next up, India, the holy grail of trade agreements. After that, it's really just tiger states and third world, isn't it? Everything else is in the bag.

Yes, I'm ignoring the Arab oil states, but really... what kind of trade deal is that supposed to be. "Yo, what can you offer?" - "Oil!" - "Anything else?" - "Uh, sand?"

That's not worth calling an FTA, a simple bilateral trade agreement on oil would suffice totally.

Edit: Yes, I'm already ignoring Vietnam, it's just a tiny deal to be honest and Vietnam profits more from it than we do, so who cares. Oh wait, I bet Britain would care, desperate as they are... oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    The Mercosur is bigger than I thought at first, the agreement will also include the associated states that is almost all of South America!

mercosur Associate countries:
    Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Peru, and Suriname
    It's a very big deal!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48839829

Brexit Party is just showing themselves up as an embarrasment for any sane and rational person that's left in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48839829

Brexit Party is just showing themselves up as an embarrasment for any sane and rational person that's left in the UK
    Don't worry, they won't turn their backs on the MEP salaries, pensions and benefits.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    Don't worry, they won't turn their backs on the MEP salaries, pensions and benefits.
    but they have to ? they lose everything, comes Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    but they have to ? they lose everything, comes Brexit.
    Depends if the UK honors the 39 billion debt I guess ...

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I actually didn't realise Corbyn was quite that old. I thought he was younger.
    Really? I reckon he looks 70 but acts 19.

imo it's a non-issue. He's definitely not "frail". And even if he were, if his mind were sound, why would it matter? So long as he's not completely demented.

Brexit Party doing what they do best:

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account

https://i.imgur.com/Py4tu3t.jpg
    ok, at least consequent.
    but they would stay as MEPs in case of remain.

imo it's a non-issue. He's definitely not "frail". And even if he were, if his mind were sound, why would it matter? So long as he's not completely demented.

Aww ... they look like toddlers in the "no" phase ...
    I'm glad we're paying those guys 4500 euros a month plus 320 euros a day for showing up at plenaries. Take back control!

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Aww ... they look like toddlers in the "no" phase ...
    I'm glad we're paying those guys 4500 euros a month plus 320 euros a day for showing up at plenaries. Take back control!
    will they miss the money troughs, comes Brexit ? what will they do then ?

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    will they miss the money troughs, comes Brexit ? what will they do then ?
    I guess they would still be entitled to their termination allowance, and they could transfer their pension rights back home ...

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I didn't think he was much younger than that, maybe early 60s.

Like little bloody children.
    How about they really protest and refuse to accept their wages from the EU, considering it's all "wasted UK tax payer money!". But that would take something called personal responsibility and willing to make a sacrifice, rather than to whine instead about how unfair everything is. Something i don't expect to see from british politicians the first few decades.

Come on, you can't post that here and not post this as well:

Nazis be nazis... no matter the year.

No chance of that ever happening lol
    They'll probably try to claim they have a duty to bring that money "back" to England.