View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    well, didnt take long for the ''blame game'' to start by UK: how mean not to negotiate with britain to negotiate...nothing ??
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...tiate-new-deal

uuuh, what are they smoking...
    Last edited by ranzino; 2019-08-06 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    well, didnt take long for the ''blame game'' to start by UK: how mean not to negotiate with britain to negotiate...nothing ??

Yep. As widely predicted, the new government is falsely accusing the EU of taking an obstructive stance when, in fact, their position has been crystal clear from day one. This is not a negotiating tactic: the government is stirring up anti-EU sentiment in the hope that it will convert a few more Sun / Mail / Express-reading thickies to the folly that is a hard Brexit.

I awaits sensationalist headlines in said papers along the lines of the Sun's infamous "Up Yours Delors!" In all fairness, all credit to the headline writer who can do anything with Ursula von der Leyen.

Playing to the voter base. Blame the EU and the brexit party vote will go to them.

Pretty much means they'll walk the election unless Labour comes out fully behind remain and gets backing of ld, greens and the local parties.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Playing to the voter base. Blame the EU and the brexit party vote will go to them.

Pretty much means they'll walk the election unless Labour comes out fully behind remain and gets backing of ld, greens and the local parties.
    now for real: what is the gain ? blame EU or the moon: Brexit consequences will not vanish and i would guess people still want the ruling party of the day to solve the issues.

now for real: what is the gain ? blame EU or the moon: Brexit consequences will not vanish and i would guess people still want the ruling party of the day to solve the issues.
    The gain is votes to be in power. While being rich enough to have investments outside the UK to make themselves richer. All the while privatising everything in the country and reducing worker rights.

Also: Boris could use the effects of a No Deal Brexit to cover some of the nastier consequences of tax cuts and other delightful ideas. "Oh no. We didn't ruin that. The evul EU did. Promise. So vote for us again even though your life sucks because we stood up to those unelected eurocrats!""

Oi @dribbles... sold your FAANG shares yet? The great Bear is on its way.

Anyway, why aren't you invested in the FTSE 250? Apparently all we need is a bit of optimism to see off the “doubters, the doomsters, the gloomsters”. I hear Fever-Tree is doing very well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Not really a hard thing for them to do all they need to do is mention bananas and watch them go ape.
    Hope your move went ok. This is what is lost in this continual back and forth: actual consequences.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Oi @dribbles... sold your FAANG shares yet? The great Bear is on its way.

Anyway, why aren't you invested in the FTSE 250? Apparently all we need is a bit of optimism to see off the “doubters, the doomsters, the gloomsters”. I hear Fever-Tree is doing very well.
    Oi oi,

Are you serious? Here's just one fund...

https://www.hl.co.uk/funds/fund-disc...i-accumulation

Imagine being in that more than five years ago with 40% off the price at the time of investment thanks to UK tax relief. Some of us were/are, some of us will retire 20 years early off of Brexit.

Don't tell me you were invested in the EU equivalent? No wonder you have such a gloomy outlook...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Oi oi,

Some of us were/are, some of us will retire 20 years early off of Brexit.
    You say us as if that includes you. It doesn't, you aren't fooling anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...KCN1UX0JF?il=0

So if Labour wins as a minority party and makes a coalition with SNP, you are getting IndyRef 2.0?
    Well to be fair what happened looks a bit like a "scam"
    "You can only stay in the EU if you stay in the UK"
    "Votes no"
    "Oh by the way we are leaving the EU"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean here is a scenario I imagine as possible:

UK leaves with no deal
    A few months after, there are elections after a vote of no confidence when preparations fail to fully manage some of the shocks of No Deal such as selective food shortages and changes in cost of living
    Labour barely wins and makes a coalition with SNP giving them IndyRef 2.0
    Labour signs the WA to fix existing issues and starts trade negotiations.
    Scotland leaves the UK and immediately starts accession procedures.
    So, this is a question I've often wondered when it comes to the Scottish Independence question. Will they entirely dump the queen, leave the commonwealth and become a Republic? Or will they stay in the commonwealth with the Queen as head of state like Canada? True the role is extremely cermonial yet it's there.

And it's a thing I've always wondered when it comes to that question.
    - Lars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post

Edit:

Let's look at how the UK media lies about this:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...barometer-2019
    Uhhh, thats the Express, its like Fox News/MSNBC, they're not reporters, they're propogandists.

Finding it hilarious that the government are bitching that the EU won't negotiate...Easiest deal in history.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2019-08-07 at 11:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Uhhh, thats the Express, its like Fox News/MSNBC, they're not reporters, they're propogandists.
    You can straight up ignore the Express, the Mail and the Sun for right wing leaning crap, and the Guardian for left wing.

Though admittedly they have been less die hard left over the last couple of years, but there's still a left leaning bias.

Personally it's either BBC/C4 news or the Independent, which does remarkably well to stay informative despite being owned by a Russian Oligarch.

Sky News can be decent when reporting, but some of their "analysts" have the Murdoch influence dripping off them.

As for the others, the Mirror is harmless, the Times is another Murdoch piece but tries not to be garbage and the Telegraph is awesome if you either run a business, invest in shares or love cricket.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    You can straight up ignore the Express, the Mail and the Sun for right wing leaning crap, and the Guardian for left wing.

Though admittedly they have been less die hard left over the last couple of years, but there's still a left leaning bias.

Personally it's either BBC/C4 news or the Independent, which does remarkably well to stay informative despite being owned by a Russian Oligarch.

Sky News can be decent when reporting, but some of their "analysts" have the Murdoch influence dripping off them.

As for the others, the Mirror is harmless, the Times is another Murdoch piece but tries not to be garbage and the Telegraph is awesome if you either run a business, invest in shares or love cricket.
    Pretty much accurate although as a former mirror reader that too is utter garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post

Unfortunately, as is demonstrated here on a nearly daily basis, people read the Express and continue to quote it as a news source. Hence my attempt to point out the intentionally misleading article of the Express and how they're outright lying.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

When it comes to newspapers it's pretty sad how circulation is in the uk

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...by_circulation

Of the top newspapers most of them are crazy right wingers (Sun, Mail, Express, Star). Not including Metro because it's free. Guardian isn't even in the top 10.

If we add online the far right ones skyrocket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Pretty much accurate although as a former mirror reader that too is utter garbage.
    I think I stopped reading it when I was about 13/14.

It's trashy gossip journalism, but it's harmless.

Thing is right wing papers sell better because they appeal to an age group that still buys papers.

Online, they just paste clickbait journalism, and get mainstream pillocks like Piers Morgan to try and legitimise their opinion.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

I think it's time to lighten the mood by bringing in who reads which newspaper in the 80s

Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Brexiteers think making a new deal with a new country will come easily after they leave, Canada doesn't seem to think so.
    Hahahaha, now that's just funny, these jokers thinking our government will drop everything to accommodate Britain when we're still not quite out of the NAFTA 2.0 mess and heading towards an election of our own soon enough. Trust me Raab, Freeland and Trudeau have much, much bigger fish to fries than you, and your own government will have more than its hands full with domestic policy and sucking Trump's dick so he doesn't economically bend you over instead.