View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    He'll be a fucking moody warlock. Always doing sub par dps and pulling trash with his imp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Prot Warrior actually
    lol fantastic

fair play

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    lol, yes - I know, Pann

Then - answer the question...

You don't think these things will come to the pass or you don't mind if they do?
    I thought I made clear - no deal will be bad but not as bad as some people this thread claim (although I realise that is not exactly not setting myself a high bar).

Prot Warrior actually
    Don't hit the sheep when it is rooted

Quote Originally Posted by thuntwunt View Post
    Wow, a Python bore AND a Vanilla bore.
    And proud.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Jesus Christ!

Like you, Nigel, I was making use of hyperbole to make a point only with slightly more Ghostbusters.
    Ouch... that was, literally, Ghostbusters wasn't it? lol

Look, regarding the whole negotiation procedure the UK apparently couldn't manage to send May off with a workable mandate even though the EU had made its position clear for months.
    The UK had been a part of the Belfast agreement that as one of its key elements had an open border. Lead Brexiteers decided that Brexit had to allow the UK to freely make trade deals which would mean leaving the single market and customs union.
    RoI had very real concerns that the Belfast Agreement would become a bargaining chip and possibly be broken as part of the negotiations, but the EU guaranteed that the RoI would have final say where that was concerned.
    The EU suggested Backstop v1.0 which meant retaining NI in the single market and customs union, but Tory unionists and the DUP saw that as breaking up the UK and backstop 2.0 that kept the entire UK in the was born.
    The WA was agreed on.
    May fails to get the WA past the HoC.
    The UK demands that the Backstop be removed.

Now what is the EU supposed to do? Break their word to the RoI and land the WA without a backstop following the money and showing they can't be trusted in the end?
    Or if the end of Belfast is all but given, at least remain loyal to a member states and its wishes as they promised?
    There is currently no sign of an alternate solution to the border issue, so if there is to be a guarantee for the Belfast Agreement until it becomes irrelevant there needs to be a backstop.
    The Eu will not abandon a member state just to accomodate a third country on a problem that is entirely of that nations making.

Ouch... that was, literally, Ghostbusters wasn't it? lol
    Don't cross the streams.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I don't think no-deal will be as bad as people in this thread think. Given that no-deal is supposed to herald; Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! 40 years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria! I don't think this is an unreasonable point of view.
    No, you're right. It's likely to be much, much worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    And yet again you say don't be mean and offer no solution to the problem. In other words come up with something yourself that will help stop this madness or get out of the thread since all you've done is basically defend their stupidity while claiming you're against it.

They went extreme long before the vote and also in future don't claim to know my past more than I do in dealing daily with your ever age Brexiteers. That makes you no better than dribbles.
    To be fair, there is no solution. The no-deal is pretty much sealed at this point. People just don't want to admit it to themselves, yet.

- - - Updated - - -

lol, yes - I know, Pann

Then - answer the question...

You don't think these things will come to the pass or you don't mind if they do?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to go off on a tangent...

Here's an idea: a MMO-C Brexit thread Classic guild!

Can you imagine the daily drama in /g chat?

Who'd be our main tank?

I'm betting Mr D mains a Rogue.
    Paladin. Definitely Paladin. Laughing at you from behind his bubble all day long.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by transwurth2 View Post
    The solution is in the next two years simpering liberals and Brexiteers murder each other and then the rest of us can get on with our lives.
    nublet

/gkick

Ah, someone else who simply wants as much bloodshed as possible? How... peculiar...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

I am still wondering WTF is Gibraltar going to do? Tourism will take a hit straight away if UK falls out of Schengen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I am still wondering WTF is Gibraltar going to do? Tourism will take a hit straight away if UK falls out of Schengen.
    The UK is not part of Schengen. But Gibraltar does have a problem, their border was open and will now have to be closed as well. It's little wonder they overwhelmingly (90%+) voted to stay.
    Last edited by Iphie; 2019-08-14 at 06:23 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibblewink View Post
    Look, regarding the whole negotiation procedure the UK apparently couldn't manage to send May off with a workable mandate even though the EU had made its position clear for months.
    The UK had been a part of the Belfast agreement that as one of its key elements had an open border. Lead Brexiteers decided that Brexit had to allow the UK to freely make trade deals which would mean leaving the single market and customs union.
    RoI had very real concerns that the Belfast Agreement would become a bargaining chip and possibly be broken as part of the negotiations, but the EU guaranteed that the RoI would have final say where that was concerned.
    The EU suggested Backstop v1.0 which meant retaining NI in the single market and customs union, but Tory unionists and the DUP saw that as breaking up the UK and backstop 2.0 that kept the entire UK in the was born.
    The WA was agreed on.
    May fails to get the WA past the HoC.
    The UK demands that the Backstop be removed.

Now what is the EU supposed to do? Break their word to the RoI and land the WA without a backstop following the money and showing they can't be trusted in the end?
    Or if the end of Belfast is all but given, at least remain loyal to a member states and its wishes as they promised?
    There is currently no sign of an alternate solution to the border issue, so if there is to be a guarantee for the Belfast Agreement until it becomes irrelevant there needs to be a backstop.
    The Eu will not abandon a member state just to accomodate a third country on a problem that is entirely of that nations making.
    That is not a decision for the EU but for Ireland. Now the backstop is dead they face a choice. Ditch the backstop and everything is hunky dory or :-

Priti Patel’s Ireland food shortage comments condemned by Leo Varadkar: ‘People have still not recovered from the Famine’

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/pr...etary-warning/

Their choice, not the EU's, is clear.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I guess, annex NI?
    No UK PM willingly would go down in history as doing that. More like Ireland ditches the backstop, leaves the EU, or starves.

The sensible option would be to lose the backstop, allow a deal and win-win for all, especially as in a no deal scenario they will not have a backstop in any case which is where we are currently headed.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    No no, I meant the RoI should annex NI. Or just ask them to join, it's in the deal after all.

I mean we have you here threatening Ireland with starvation. It's very 1840s.
    Just stating the facts, but...

Yeah that is another solution, but there is no sign the people of NI want to re-unify with the South. And there is also the question of if Ireland can afford them. I'd be all for giving them a vote on it...

Not going to happen before October 31st in any case.

No UK PM willingly would go down in history as doing that. More like Ireland ditches the backstop, leaves the EU, or starves.

The sensible option would be to lose the backstop, allow a deal and win-win for all, especially as in a no deal scenario they will not have a backstop in any case which is where we are currently headed.
    You know it's more likely that North Ireland will leave the UK than Ireland would like the EU right. If there was any party in Europe that at one point was talking about leaving the EU those parties have all flip-flopped because of the joke that is called Brexit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Far more likely that NI leaves for sure.

I wonder how it must feel like if you're so deluded that you think a single nation the size of the UK can dictate terms to the EU under any circumstances. Let alone dictate that a member state should abandon the EU. It's like Canada tells the US Alaska should leave and join Canada because that looks prettier on the map. I mean, at least that would be a valid reason. :P

That is not a decision for the EU but for Ireland. Now the backstop is dead they face a choice. Ditch the backstop and everything is hunky dory
    Let's just pretend for a moment you are not trolling... how do you think it is possible to ditch the backstop? What exactly do you think is the alternative to the backstop.

7+ Year Old Account
    And that's where we are then. So we leave with no deal on October 31st, the backstop is gone never to be seen again as we've left the EU without one, then revisit the issue of a FTA. Problem solved.

Let's hope the winter is not a hard one and Irish bellies remain full and there is little disruption to the EU/UK/Irish land bridge.

Who'd have thought the EU would throw the Irish under a bus and act against their best interests. Tsk tsk...the price some EU fanatics are willing to pay.

And that's where we are then. So we leave with no deal on October 31st, the backstop is gone never to be seen again as we've left the EU without one, then revisit the issue of a FTA. Problem solved.

Let's hope the winter is not a hard one and Irish bellies remain full and there is little disruption to the EU/UK/Irish land bridge.

Who'd have thought the EU would throw the Irish under a bus and act against their best interests. Tsk tsk...the price some EU fanatics are willing to pay.
    Serious question.....are you autistic towards facts?

EU as a whole and Ireland specifically have held the same positions since the very beginning while the after 3 years the UK still really doesn't know what they want