Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

What I'd love to see, Next Expansion

This is obviously not a leak or otherwise relevant information to the next expansion, but a personal wishlist:

1) Backward Application of Levelless Content. It would make things so staggeringly fantastic if players could do any old world zone from start to finish without outleveling it, but it would also be wonderful to do ANY old world zone from start to finish regardless of level. I'd still suggest gating BC/LK/MoP/etc to their minimum levels, and have all Raids and Dungeons have a minimum level (So you've got a certain number of abilities to use in said dungeons appropriate to their difficulty), but with no cap-level, it would make it a ton of fun to be able to "Timewalk" without waiting for Timewalking week.

2) Actual Ships to function similarly to the Vindicaar. Throw some NPCs onto it, make it a Racial ship, and have it be our way of traversing the different islands of the next expansion... but also give it the ability to travel to ALL OTHER REGIONS. Let us hop onto our boats in Stormwind or Orgrimmar and use them as a fast travel method to all other locations with ports. Wanna head to Northrend? BOAT. Wanna go over to Tanaris? BOAT. It would give us a lot of personal freedom without being overbearing, I think. Make it our "Order Hall" with different followers as different positions on the crew. Have us send our ship out on missions, locking us into a location, more or less, for the half hour 'til it gets back or whatever (No multiple day order missions, obviously!) And between this one and the one above, it makes 3 tenable.

3) Use World Quest Tech to give temporary makeovers to old zones rather than focusing all of the content on a new continent. Rather than putting all of the content on the South Seas islands, give us quests across Azeroth where we have to deal with the Twilight's Hammer or Old God Corruption or the Scourge or whatever the threat is, -everywhere-. I'd love to go back to Icecrown and fight against a new Scourge Army driven mad by Yogg Saron. To race across Pandaria fighting the minions of Y'shaarj. To delve the deserts of Silithus and Uldum and face C'thun's forces in battle. And yes, to head back down into Vash'jr to fight against N'zoth's machinations in the Abyssal Depths. The game is called WORLD of Warcraft. Not New Continent of Warcraft.

4) The Rising Tides of Azshara. I wanna play a Naga. I know there are technical limitations, but that's okay. Gimme. And gimme that South Seas expansion where she's stolen the Tidestone of Golganneth to try and further empower N'Zoth after the stabbing of Azeroth using Titanblood to reforge it into it's original whole, rather than the broken version we have in the wake of the destruction of Farondis. Have her be the big Tier 1 Baddie we've got to deal with in this new front of the battle for Azeroth, but not the only one...

5) The Return of the Lich King. Bolvar driven mad by Yogg Saron and Ner'zhul, brings the Scourge to bear. During the first part of the expansion he'd mobilized them against the Twilight Hammer and helped us fight using undead hordes with Greymane endlessly worrying about Sylvanas taking on his power or seducing Bolvar or something. But in phase 2, the madness of Yogg Saron drives him, tricks him, into going after -all- of the peoples of Azeroth. They're all infected with the Curse of Flesh, after all... They're ALL corrupted by the Void!!! So we get a miniature Wrath tied into the Azsharan uprising. Azshara gets away 'cause she's slippery.

6) Old God Mobilization. With The Lich King and Azshara both still in play, we wind up having to re-cage Y'shaarj, C'thun, and N'Zoth. Putting N'Zoth away as the final step of the expansion raid-end, with world quests of Scourge uprisings and the like still going on leading into the next expansion's full on Lich King revival. In which we must re-cage Yogg Saron, restore Bolvar to Sanity, and thus contain the Scourge on our way up toward fighting in the Void.

I didn't wanna put this into the Speculation thread, 'cause it's not -actually- speculation, but it is kind of what I'd love to see.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    1) Scaling would be nice, but I think previous expansions should cap at the current expansion's base level.

So even while you might see level 110 mobs in Elwynn, by the time it gets implemented, everyone is level-cap 120 and more powerful. Leveling freely almost everywhere would be very interesting however.

Even if that is a problem, cap it at 2-expansions, so max level 100 everywhere, and 98-110 is still done in the previous expansion (Legion). Level 100 mobs should be vastly overpowered by a 120 even if they did a stat/itemlevel squish.

3) Would love temporary zone events, let's just call it "Naga/Old God/Void Invasion", instead of the current Broken Isles "Legion Invasion" timed events.

One positive effect of such event being in other zones would be that it would not replace a current max-level zone's world quest as it does in Broken Isles right now.

Low levels could probably easily participate via scaling, but I don't think they should award crazy exp right off the bat, or rather be implemented in 8.1.5 or something. It should not become the fast-leveling method from day-1 8.0

Stranglethorn fishing and the AQ mini holiday already showed they can put world quest in old zones.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-10-15 at 01:04 PM.

I'd like to see WoW increase the efficiency with which is uses threads on a cpu core.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I didn't wanna put this into the Speculation thread, 'cause it's not -actually- speculation, but it is kind of what I'd love to see.
    You didn't want to put it into the speculation thread because you want more attention, more likely.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    You didn't want to put it into the speculation thread because you want more attention, more likely.
    When someone literally tells you the reason they did something and you're all "Nah, the REAL REASON is" then you're kind of showing off the kind of person you are... and that person is not an insightful commenter capable of cutting to the heart of the matter...

Another thing I'd love to see? The resulting impact on open world PvP when the PvP servers have people of various levels all acting as level-scaled individuals duking it out in old Azeroth zones. Might be an interesting twist on things, there!

Though you'd kind of need a "Level Scaling Toggle" button in the player's option menu, that way you can turn level scaling off when you're farming for old transmog gear from previous expansion raids and dungeons and such.

I dont want to see the lich king come back, his story is done and told. I think even Illidan was a stretch. I would like to see leveling being easier, the grind from 1-110 is unacceptably long and boring right now. But everything else sounds great.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddps View Post
    I dont want to see the lich king come back, his story is done and told. I think even Illidan was a stretch. I would like to see leveling being easier, the grind from 1-110 is unacceptably long and boring right now. But everything else sounds great.
    When I say "Lich King" I mean Bolvar Fordragon and Ner'zhul in the crown/helmet, not Arthas.

Though it would be cool to have Arthas do some redemptive stuff in the shadowlands/land of the dead/whatever to help you save Bolvar from Yogg Saron's madness-inducing whispers and such.

When someone literally tells you the reason they did something and you're all "Nah, the REAL REASON is" then you're kind of showing off the kind of person you are... and that person is not an insightful commenter capable of cutting to the heart of the matter...

Another thing I'd love to see? The resulting impact on open world PvP when the PvP servers have people of various levels all acting as level-scaled individuals duking it out in old Azeroth zones. Might be an interesting twist on things, there!

Though you'd kind of need a "Level Scaling Toggle" button in the player's option menu, that way you can turn level scaling off when you're farming for old transmog gear from previous expansion raids and dungeons and such.
    Or maybe that person is just more than willing to call a spade a spade. Wish-lists are, for all intents and purposes, speculative. Don't act like you weren't just trying to have a thread of your own, centered wholly on the discussion of your own suggestions. It's abundantly obvious that's the case.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totemslap View Post
    Or maybe that person is just more than willing to call a spade a spade. Wish-lists are, for all intents and purposes, speculative. Don't act like you weren't just trying to have a thread of your own, centered wholly on the discussion of your own suggestions. It's abundantly obvious that's the case.
    Projecting, much?

I gave my reason. You don't like it, fine. But it remains my reason. You don't know me, pretty much at all. So calling a Spade a Spade is out of the question since you don't even know what suit I'm in. Nah, man. You saw the opportunity to be rude to a newcomer and decided to be rude. Anything else is... well.

Speculation on your part.

1) More challenges like the Mage tower's ones.
    2)Scenarios like the Withered one but using your alts as a group.
    3)More timewalking Raids
    4)Naga Race
    5)Necromancer/Tinker Class

OP i agree with 1, 3 and 4, i honestly don't want the Lich king to be a major thread once again.

Projecting, much?

I gave my reason. You don't like it, fine. But it remains my reason. You don't know me, pretty much at all. So calling a Spade a Spade is out of the question since you don't even know what suit I'm in. Nah, man. You saw the opportunity to be rude to a newcomer and decided to be rude. Anything else is... well.

Speculation on your part.
    Projecting? I don't see any threads that I've made seeking validation for my wish-list.

Also, I don't even bother looking at people's time spent on this site. I don't care that you're a new-comer. I take years-long breaks from these forums.

i think pretty much the only way they'd be able to do zone levels scaling to the level you're meant to be playing them, is the way they do it with guild wars 2.. each zone has a portal to the next zone so each area is basically like an instance, unless they had some sort of trigger that goes off each time you go across the threshold of that level to scale you to that level..

Quote Originally Posted by chubbybunny View Post
    i think pretty much the only way they'd be able to do zone levels scaling to the level you're meant to be playing them, is the way they do it with guild wars 2.. each zone has a portal to the next zone so each area is basically like an instance, unless they had some sort of trigger that goes off each time you go across the threshold of that level to scale you to that level..
    Or they could just do level scaling exactly like they do in the game currently?

A new class and a revamp of existing classes would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Totemslap View Post
    Projecting? I don't see any threads that I've made seeking validation for my wish-list.

Also, I don't even bother looking at people's time spent on this site. I don't care that you're a new-comer. I take years-long breaks from these forums.
    Please be quiet. He is clearly just throwing out some ideas and engaging in a discussion. You are literally just being a jerk to be a jerk. Step away from the computer if you cant control your idiotic hormones. And the fact you keep coming back, to reiterate your already delusional point, shows how much of a little man syndrome you have on here.

5) The Return of the Lich King. Bolvar driven mad by Yogg Saron and Ner'zhul, brings the Scourge to bear. During the first part of the expansion he'd mobilized them against the Twilight Hammer and helped us fight using undead hordes with Greymane endlessly worrying about Sylvanas taking on his power or seducing Bolvar or something. But in phase 2, the madness of Yogg Saron drives him, tricks him, into going after -all- of the peoples of Azeroth. They're all infected with the Curse of Flesh, after all... They're ALL corrupted by the Void!!! So we get a miniature Wrath tied into the Azsharan uprising. Azshara gets away 'cause she's slippery.

Isn't Ner'zhul dead? Like, "DEAD" dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Ddps View Post
    Please be quiet. He is clearly just throwing out some ideas and engaging in a discussion. You are literally just being a jerk to be a jerk. Step away from the computer if you cant control your idiotic hormones. And the fact you keep coming back, to reiterate your already delusional point, shows how much of a little man syndrome you have on here.
    You sound like a very angry person. I tend to respond to most people who quote my posts. That's the only reason I came back to this thread a second - and third - time. Get over yourself.

I want to see flying not require an achievement later on in the expansion I just wanna buy it at max lvl. I mean if you compare Kun Lai to WoD or legion zones the terrain looks so much better and realistic compared to the shit they put out when they know most ppl wont see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meiluy View Post
    Isn't Ner'zhul dead? Like, "DEAD" dead?
    Yes he's very dead.

So is Yogg which the OP also mentioned there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    1) Scaling would be nice, but I think previous expansions should cap at the current expansion's base level.

So even while you might see level 110 mobs in Elwynn, by the time it gets implemented, everyone is level-cap 120 and more powerful. Leveling freely almost everywhere would be very interesting however.

Even if that is a problem, cap it at 2-expansions, so max level 100 everywhere, and 98-110 is still done in the previous expansion (Legion). Level 100 mobs should be vastly overpowered by a 120 even if they did a stat/itemlevel squish.

3) Would love temporary zone events, let's just call it "Naga/Old God/Void Invasion", instead of the current Broken Isles "Legion Invasion" timed events.

One positive effect of such event being in other zones would be that it would not replace a current max-level zone's world quest as it does in Broken Isles right now.

Low levels could probably easily participate via scaling, but I don't think they should award crazy exp right off the bat, or rather be implemented in 8.1.5 or something. It should not become the fast-leveling method from day-1 8.0

Stranglethorn fishing and the AQ mini holiday already showed they can put world quest in old zones.
    They will always have leveling be fast/quick paced cause the vast amount of players having alts. like myself i have 12 110's on stormrage which i try to keep up with them all but can only do so much.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396