Deleted

Castigator 'Dispensing punishment in the best way possible'

Hey everyone, pumpkin spice latte here.

I'd like to discuss the uses of Castigator and how it could be optimized within itself.

So with that said let's start the thread! First of all ignore the fact that this talent is not on par with either Unholy Frenzy or Clawing Shadows as it is not the point of the discussion. Second of all i personally think it's a very fun to use talent, combined with 4th Lesson the amount of popped wounds skyrocket!

Very exciting!

So let's move on to the gear and stat question:

What legendaries can i use with this extremely faboulus and fun talent?

Glad you asked! We're looking at four of them: Cold Heart - The Instructor's Fourth Lesson - Soul of the Deathlord - Sephuz Secret

Now onto the benefits and negatives with each one of them

Cold Heart is an extremely useful and kind of overpowered legendary when it comes to Single-Target and fights with certain add priorities. Combined with our T20 2-set it only gets stronger.

Instructor's Fourth Lesson is kind of a given, isn't it? More wounds popped = m0rE D4maG3.

Soul of the Deathlord is extremely useful when it comes to Mythic+, Add cleaving and padding damage because Virulent Plague isn't enough? RIGHT? It also lets you run with both Bursting Sores and Ebon Fever.

Sephuz's Secret is the shittiest fucking ring ever, atleast before 7.1.5. So why is this useful? It adds a sort of second Soul Reaper into your toolkit and can be used together with Debilitating Infestation to be procced on cooldown! Atleast on fights where it is possible, you can also use your kick to get a proc off it when you cannot slow the target.

How can i use my gear to make this talent as good as possible?

Well sadly the answer isn't so much different than to any other build.

You'll pretty much want to stack mastery and get your crit high so you can constantly Fester and SS the wounds quickly. Due to the nature of the build i'd recommend using The Darkest Crusade and Lash of Shadows as your go to traits.

What talents do you recommend o' wise idiot of idiots?

Don't take these as a given, it is just my way of playing with Castigator as i find it the funniest way to play it.

First row of talents is a hard one, Ebon Fever pretty much outshines Bursting Sores on +2 targets since it is so good already. However i recommend Bursting Sores because popping wounds is awesome.

Second row comes down to either Pestilent Pustules or Blighted Rune Weapon, i'd recommend BRW.

Don't even dare ask about third row, you know the answer.

Fourth row is either Sludge Belcher or Debilitating Infestation, go with DI if you are running Sephuz.

Fifth row is a free for all, i recommend Spell Eater or Lingering Apparition depending on the fight.

Sixth row is a free for all, i prefer Necrosis to buff SS damage. You won't be spamming Death Coils, instead it will be balanced enough to keep resource generation and spending steady.

Seventh and last row, go with Soul Reaper on 1-3 targets and go with defile for +4.

Now, there ain't much else to say about my thoughts when it comes to Castigator. Do post your thoughts and ideas as it'll help me and others have little bit more fun

DISCLAIMER!
    The author of this post is in no way insinuating this to be a competetive build compared to the already established existing ones. He merely wants to play the game in a different way so get the fuck out of here with your nonsense "The build sucks, faggot". Thank you for reading and have a nice day.
    Last edited by mmoc1d52c9727b; 2017-10-30 at 05:35 PM.

Deleted
    We not read in detail but most of that seems bollox or at the least very out dated?

Even if this is aimed at mythic+ only, da is far too strong nuking bosses down.
    Last edited by mmocf0b29d4c77; 2017-10-31 at 02:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    We not read in detail but most of that seems bollox or at the least very out dated?

Even if this is aimed at mythic+ only, da is far too strong nuking bosses down.
    And you my dear friend, missed the point of the thread by lightyears!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruskiturbo View Post
    And nothing new was added to the discussion. We all knew about all of what you just posted pretty much this entire patch. Longer if you delete the bit about the new legendary ring.

Deleted
    Please enlighten me. There's a chance i'm completely wrong...

- - - Updated - - -

Is it possible to delete a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Technically, you're not wrong. The point of this thread is to sacrifice a little DPS for a more versatile spec and, most importantly, to have fun. Hell, that could even be better if you killed a boss just before another valkyr timing for all I know. Tbh I don't want to bother with that, and I'm pretty sure there are some of the unholy dk that already tried it.
    I think OP forgot Death March. Could be a strong contender for M+ aswell.
    Last edited by Raiz; 2017-10-31 at 09:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    Technically, you're not wrong. The point of this thread is to sacrifice a little DPS for a more versatile spec and, most importantly, to have fun. Hell, that could even be better if you killed a boss just before another valkyr timing for all I know. Tbh I don't want to bother with that, and I'm pretty sure there are some of the unholy dk that already tried it.
    There are so many permutations it's almost impossible to say what's best with any certainty.

Have fun is the best way to play any game. For m+ there is no harm at all trying It out if you have plenty of gear options to go with our sub specs.

7+ Year Old Account
    RIP castigator 7.0-7.1.5
    May yee find eternal peace in the emerald nightmare.

I got bracers last week and tempted to play cast high crit build for fun. But eh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    Yes, Death March is still very strong even for Castigator and especially together with Bursting Sores.

I think the funniest thing of this is that Debilitating Infestation, does not proc Sephuz

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    I think the funniest thing of this is that Debilitating Infestation, does not proc Sephuz
    I miss when it was proccing off of the abom.
    I switched to DPS one night on one of our Gul'dan attempts back when and was coming in the top 3, battling for number 1 and my guild was like wtf..