Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Yeah, they need to subpoena him now. If he refuses, jail him for contempt and make it clear they will do the same to every Trump official who does the same.

Make them decide if protecting themselves or the fat man who will throw them under the bus as soon as they are no longer useful to him anyways is more important.
    Nadler just said they'll hold him in contempt if he doesn't show up tomorrow. They do have a jail in the congress building, time to use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    The way most people do it unless a website has Twitter integration is they use the Snipping Tool in Windows 10 and put the resulting picture on imgur. Snipping tool is seriously one of the best things in Windows.

This this forum is built on vBulletin4, aka a fucking fossil that belongs in a museum next to the Palm Pilot and the and the flip phone, I wouldn't count on seeing that any time soon.
    I'm looking for a solution for GIFs and GIFVs (can't play those here).

This is what I was referencing earlier but without all the 'remix' stuff.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    They won't... They'll probably have an hour of an empty chair.
    Of course they won't. Democrats are undecided the degree they want to wage strategic warfare against Trump, while the Trump Cult has long since decided that they'll do anything to bring authoritarianism to America.

That's the divide democrats have right now. And frankly, it's ridiculous. Either Trump is the five-hundred-year storm that many (and myself) think he is, requiring a dramatic response, or he is just another Republican President, which he most certainly isn't.

The allies during World War II fire bombed and nuked cities and destroyed infrastructure because it worked. They didn't relish it. But they did it because it broke the back of the other sides ability to fight.

Democrats up to this point have largely let Republicans have their run of seizing the initiative in terms of strategic warfare. They are (largely) constantly reacting. They have the levers of power to bring this Administration to its knees, but they do the bare minimum.

What they should do to Barr is find him in contempt and make him the first man since 1935 locked up by the House, rather than the Department of Justice. You want to send a message? Do that.

They'll find (a) it'll be even harder for this White House to attract and keep talent and (b) it'll be even harder for this White House to get people to take bullets for the President.

Right now, there is few consequences for standing by Trump.

So create some. All Democrats have to do is do what they havent done since 1935.

10+ Year Old Account
    Barr is going to skip the House hearing...

[IMG]https://media2.giphy.com/media/l2RsBwQxFPXUvXmi0u/giphy.gif[G]
    Throw his ass in jail for contempt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Barr is going to skip the House hearing...

Lock him up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Give Sethrak Blizz View Post
    This is on the level of "can you tell me the definition of "is" is."

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I'm looking for a solution for GIFs and GIFVs (can't play those here).

This is what I was referencing earlier but without all the 'remix' stuff.

Videos of Lindsay Graham saying "Trump is a fucking idiot" should trend on Twitter under some ironic hashtag like #BarrReport or something. It's a thing that was said, so clearly it fully captures the context, nature, and substance of Graham's remark.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Do you see what "have Mueller removed" refers to in the above? The full phrase is "removed someone for a conflict of interest".

The tweet omits that in order to rage. This is dishonest and stupid.
    Except Mueller had no conflicts of interest and that was shit Trump tried last year. It was lame as fuck then and it's lame as fuck now.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Of course they won't. Democrats are undecided the degree they want to wage strategic warfare against Trump, while the Trump Cult has long since decided that they'll do anything to bring authoritarianism to America.

That's the divide democrats have right now. And frankly, it's ridiculous. Either Trump is the five-hundred-year storm that many (and myself) think he is, requiring a dramatic response, or he is just another Republican President, which he most certainly isn't.

The allies during World War II fire bombed and nuked cities and destroyed infrastructure because it worked. They didn't relish it. But they did it because it broke the back of the other sides ability to fight.

Democrats up to this point have largely let Republicans have their run of seizing the initiative in terms of strategic warfare. They are (largely) constantly reacting. They have the levers of power to bring this Administration to its knees, but they do the bare minimum.

What they should do to Barr is find him in contempt and make him the first man since 1935 locked up by the House, rather than the Department of Justice. You want to send a message? Do that.

They'll find (a) it'll be even harder for this White House to attract and keep talent and (b) it'll be even harder for this White House to get people to take bullets for the President.

Right now, there is few consequences for standing by Trump.

So create some. All Democrats have to do is do what they havent done since 1935.
    I could not agree more. The Democrats have to start taking the initiative and not just rolling over while Trump's GOP feeds on the timid. The Dems have to show Trump what they will do, and how far they will go, in the pursuit of justice and upholding the rule of law.

Start with Barr. Move on to the IRS Chief. Take no prisoners.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I would suggest that this happens because the only weapon left for attacking Trump after the report is "obstruction of justice" and it is a weak one. Like I was saying before. You want something to happen, you want some meat, but nothing can happen, the tool is weak and doesn't scratch.
    When you think "obstruction of justice" by the fucking president is weak then there's no convincing you of anything unless it's on Trump's twitter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Mueller report clears of him of collusion it just doesn't clear him of possible of obstruction. Democrats don't care about justice in this, they care about "GOTCHA" They want Trump to be guilty regardless if he is or not. Republicans wanted Hillary Guilty of something even though she was just incompetent and not criminal in it. Thus this is just like Benghazi.
    It didn't clear him of either, unless you believe "doesn't exonerate" is code for "#WINNING".

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    When you think "obstruction of justice" by the fucking president is weak then there's no convincing you of anything unless it's on Trump's twitter.
    They've previously stated that manafort telling russian intelligence where to focus their efforts, and what messaging to use, isn't the campaign coordinating with russia on election interference. They're not here to present an honest face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    They've previously stated that manafort telling russian intelligence where to focus their efforts, and what messaging to use, isn't the campaign coordinating with russia on election interference. They're not here to present an honest face.
    Barr didn't even remember that part of the report today
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    He admitted he didn't look at the evidence. I'm not surprised he didn't remember it, it's likely he didn't even read the report.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    How could he remember when he had never read it in the first place :P

Blimey, Harris absolutely eviscerated Barr today.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be surprised if Barr's next defense is "I didn't purposefully misrepresent the report to cast doubt on the conclusions of the investigation, because I didn't read the entire report. At best I did it accidentally."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post

Lordy that was masteful. I think we might have our AG nominee should the Democrats take the presidency, folks.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Mueller report clears of him of collusion it just doesn't clear him of possible of obstruction. Democrats don't care about justice in this, they care about "GOTCHA" They want Trump to be guilty regardless if he is or not. Republicans wanted Hillary Guilty of something even though she was just incompetent and not criminal in it. Thus this is just like Benghazi.
    How many ongoing investigations does Hillary have right now? You done making things up yet?

The Democrats want Trump to answer for his crimes, and they are still being investigated - 17 ongoing to date in case your memory is a little off. The fact that people like you think this is "just like Benghazi" are one of the principle problems with this country. You've stopped thinking for yourself, and just believe whatever comes off Trump's twitter feed or Faux News.

Democrats indeed care about justice, which is why they are now trying to figure out why the AG covered up the actual conclusions of the Mueller Report.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Barr stated in his summary that he will release as much of the report as possible. He has also been close friends with Mueller for almost 40 years. In a direct quote from the report, obstruction of justice charges would hinge on proof of intent and the lack of evidence for collusion led Mueller to believe that Trump had no motive to obstruct justice. You've lost. You lost two years and you couldn't accept it because it was too damaging and embarrassing to believe that you could lose to an orange real-estate developer with a 1000 word vocabulary and yet you did. Once again, your predictions were clouded by wishful thinking.

Also, advising pardons is within the president's legal authority and is not covering up anything.
    Man this post didn't age well, lol.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post

Jesus Christ what an ass kicking. Booker looks like he's going to jump her bones he's so happy (line from West Wing: "you just want to make out with me right now, don't you?").

If I was Barr I would avoid the Senate at all costs - getting your ass kicked like that is horrific. A jail cell would be far better, he could even update his resume.
    Last edited by cubby; 2019-05-02 at 12:20 AM.