Republicans rip GOP Intel decision to subpoena Trump Jr.

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), one of President Trump’s closest Senate allies, swiped at Sen. Richard Burr (N.C.), the chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, for prolonging the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

“Apparently the Republican chair of the Senate Intel Committee didn’t get the memo from the Majority Leader that this case was closed...” Paul tweeted in response to news reports that Burr has subpoenaed Trump Jr. to answer questions about his previous testimony to the panel.

Senate Democrats such as Sen. Richard Blumenthal (Conn.) have urged congressional committees to review the testimony of key witnesses such as Trump Jr. to determine if their answers matched the findings of the Mueller report.

A spokesperson for the committee said Wednesday: “We do not discuss the details of witness engagements with the committee.”

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), another staunch Trump ally, slammed the subpoena, tweeting Wednesday afternoon that Trump Jr. “has already spent dozens of hours testifying in front of congressional committees.”

---------------------

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), another staunch Trump ally, slammed the subpoena, tweeting Wednesday afternoon that Trump Jr. “has already spent dozens of hours testifying in front of congressional committees.”
    Hang on, I have something for this...

Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    He made a Book about losing 1+ Billion dollars?
    for realz?
    NYT 1995:
    "After the collapse of the real estate market of the 1980's, Mr. Trump's company was left holding some $8.8 billion in debt, causing his personal net worth to drop to a low of about $1 billion in the red by 1991."
    minus one billion $ looks to be Trump's (one of) lowest point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    That's because there's a lot to blame him for, what with him being a president and being terrible at it.
    So there is no further incentive for Trump to release more then already released.

Why should he do it, again?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    New York State is moving to legally allow the release of tax records from a Congressional request when the information is held by a state entity.

“Here you have a president who is stonewalling the US Congress, a co-equal branch of government undertaking its important oversight responsibilities,” New York state senator Brad Hoylman told CBS News about the tax legislation.

He added, “Lo and behold, we have Donald Trump‘s tax returns here in the state of New York and we can provide them to Congress if the IRS, if the treasury department won’t.”
    I love the Trump shrillers (yes, I'm using shrill, not shill) who scream "nothing" and "no collusion" but ignore the fact that Trump is still fighting tooth and nail to keep key information out Congressional hands.

I can't imagine what Trump's afraid of.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    New York State is moving to legally allow the release of tax records from a Congressional request when the information is held by a state entity.

I love the Trump shrillers (yes, I'm using shrill, not shill) who scream "nothing" and "no collusion" but ignore the fact that Trump is still fighting tooth and nail to keep key information out Congressional hands.

I can't imagine what Trump's afraid of.
    I imagine that is going to be used against Democrats like everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    A little sneak peak of the upcoming return volley:

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...air-trump-dirt
    Laughable, this opinion piece is based on shit like an e-mail sent from Kavelec, receiver is unknown and all that it shows is "“You may already have this information but wanted to pass it on just in case,” " "this information" could be _anything_ also completely unrelated to this cute conspiracy theory. If you think conspiracy nonsense like that opinion piece proves anything, then the Mueller report is more than enough to put Trump behind bars.

This shitstorm is about as pathetic as "but her emails!!1"

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Laughable, this opinion piece is based on shit like an e-mail sent from Kavelec, receiver is unknown and all that it shows is "“You may already have this information but wanted to pass it on just in case,” " "this information" could be _anything_ also completely unrelated to this cute conspiracy theory. If you think conspiracy nonsense like that opinion piece proves anything, then the Mueller report is more than enough to put Trump behind bars.
    Well, let Congress subpoena that info unredacted and find out!

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    NYT 1995:
    "After the collapse of the real estate market of the 1980's, Mr. Trump's company was left holding some $8.8 billion in debt, causing his personal net worth to drop to a low of about $1 billion in the red by 1991."
    minus one billion $ looks to be Trump's (one of) lowest point.
    By the way, a couple of guys up the thread argued that the period in which Trump lost that billion was so damn lucrative all around, it was triply ridiculous to be losing money in it. Major business sharks, these guys. Such acumen.

Insane how many hoaxes have fallen apart yet they push on to the next one.... Ford, Mueller, Tax Returns...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    I imagine that is going to be used against Democrats like everything else.
    Republicans will attempt to spin it against Democrats and fail miserably. Only Trump's base is going to fall for it. You'll see the usual suspects in this thread, including yourself, spinning it as hard as you can, but in the end the center isn't going to swing that direction.

Trump hasn't gotten a loan in the US in over a couple of decades because he literally can't. He never pays back the money. And we know he owes "at least" 100 million to Deutsche bank and probably more, since that maximum loan amount you have to disclose from a foreign entity is 50 mil, and that's two of Trump's loans.

I doubt there's anything criminal in his tax returns, but I think they're highly embarrassing, likely showing that he's the individual in the US with the most debt, possibly taking a Guinness world record spot for most debt held by an individual. We'll get to see just how much he (reports to) owe to the Russian money laundering Deutsche bank.

I look forward to the spin barely hiding conservative and Russian troll bot tears.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The Republican party is full tribal, I know this is not a shock to anyone but after seeing Richard Burr call for Don Jr., in front of a Senate hearing and pretty much every Republican basically called him a traitor. His own NC colleagues were quick and McCarthy of NC, will likely primary Burr's ass.

So don't ever question the Orange Leader and be the party of Trump.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    The Republican party is full tribal, I know this is not a shock to anyone but after seeing Richard Burr call for Don Jr., in front of a Senate hearing and pretty much every Republican basically called him a traitor. His own NC colleagues were quick and McCarthy of NC, will likely primary Burr's ass.

So don't ever question the Orange Leader and be the party of Trump.
    Burr isn't running for re-election, so it's basically yolo at this point for him. Although even with this he'll side with trump 99% of the time like Flake did.

Trump has walked back his claim of being innocent of obstruction: now there was essentially no obstruction.

I essentially didn't rob that gas station.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Trump has walked back his claim of being innocent of obstruction: now there was essentially no obstruction.

I take offense at the expression "walk back" when he clearly doesn't walk.

He golf cart backs his statements

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post

In Trumps world, crossing your fingers behind your back while lying to federal agencies is 'not really lying'.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    You are the one pushing for impeachment. I am saying it's unwise and have given evidence that backs that up. The best evidence we have at the moment is what I have provided. Until there is evidence to the contrary, it makes no sense to proceed.

You have also ignored the House where there are a lot more Democrats at risk.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...rce=reddit.com

Seems like now that people have had time to read the mueller report, public opinion on impeachment has flipped. Do you still think that it makes no sense to proceed?

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...rce=reddit.com

Seems like now that people have had time to read the mueller report, public opinion on impeachment has flipped. Do you still think that it makes no sense to proceed?
    The argument, "Impeachment is unwise" is based, literally, around the GOP impeaching clinton, for lying about a blow job. Everyone knew he was guilty, no one cared, because it was a blow job. That's vastly different than selling foreign policy, and obstructing an investigation into an attack on our electoral system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    The argument, "Impeachment is unwise" is based, literally, around the GOP impeaching clinton, for lying about a blow job. Everyone knew he was guilty, no one cared, because it was a blow job. That's vastly different than selling foreign policy, and obstructing an investigation into an attack on our electoral system.
    Not enough people seem to care about Trump selling foreign policy to Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    The argument, "Impeachment is unwise" is based, literally, around the GOP impeaching clinton, for lying about a blow job.
    Pursuing impeachment proceedings that can't succeed may be bad PR for the Democrats and help to get Trump re-elected. It may instead be good PR, I'm not sure. But concerns about impeachment stem from more than just Clinton's impeachment proceedings. They're a concern about impeachment in the abstract.