Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Projecting train keeps on rolling...
    I mean, I guess he forgot about the Comey press conference and the fact that Lynch always stated that she would accept the recommendation of the FBI regardless of what it was.

But it's Trump, so of course he probably forgot. He's got one of the greatest memories of all time, remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Michh View Post
    Common sense doesn’t work here, you should know that by now. Up is down, down is up. Investigation returns no evidence of something, but that doesn’t mean something didn’t happen. The very networks you’re talking about told them something happened, so it must be so.
    Literacy is also something that doesn't work here, apparently.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again it's time for Guess the Speaker!

Hope Hicks answered some questions. She gave us a lot of good information. The White House asserted so-called absolute immunity, which is ridiculous and which we’ll destroy in court
    "That has to be Nadler."

Correct. Hicks refused to answer questions, including questions she'd already answered when Mueller asked, because the WH told her not to answer. Just a reminder: the WH told Hicks not to answer despite NO COLLUSION and NO CRIME being repeatedly claimed in all caps but under 140 characters.

Oh, and it didn't help when Trump says they're handing out subpoenas like they're cookies because apparently his fatty fatass obese liar fatass can't think of a better metaphor.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like how Trump whined about Hillary claiming "absolute immunity" when being questioned over her emails, but basically told Hope Hicks to claim absolute immunity. Which incidentally, isn't a thing. But they can't FORCE anyone to spill the beans. They can of course start piling on punishments handed down by the courts for defying subpoena, but I wonder how much Hope Hicks is willing to mess up her own life for Trump's sake. Word is they were pretty close during her time in the WH.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Hicks told House panel Trump is serious about foreign help in elections

Hope Hicks, once a close aide to President Donald Trump, told the House Judiciary Committee that Trump was serious in saying there was nothing wrong in accepting derogatory information about political opponents from a foreign government, panel Chairman Jerrold Nadler said on Thursday.

"Ms. Hicks made clear that she understood the president to be serious when he said that he would accept foreign interference in our elections," Nadler said in a statement for a hearing on former Special Counsel Robert Mueller's report on Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

"She also made clear that even she knew that such foreign assistance should be rejected and reported to the FBI," he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    "She also made clear that even she knew that such foreign assistance should be rejected and reported to the FBI," he said. [/i]
    It's a good thing Trump said he'd always report it and never accept the help and not tell anyone.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/hannit...-the-same-team

Looks like Mueller and Manafort are pretty good buddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/hannit...-the-same-team

Looks like Mueller and Manafort are pretty good buddies.
    Hannity should be in jail for obstruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Hannity should be in jail for obstruction.
    If only .

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    People like hannity don't ay by the same rules that you and I do. Hell Trump can get away with literal treason because "he didn't know any better" but if I do 40 on a 35 no excuse in the world can help me
    Such is the "curse" of being rich.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I knew this thread was worth catching up on, the comedy value is magical. Thank you.
    Yeah, there are some hilarious comments. The one you're replying to is either deliberate trolling, or someone who is so out of touch with reality that they need to be institutionalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Yeah, there are some hilarious comments. The one you're replying to is either deliberate trolling, or someone who is so out of touch with reality that they need to be institutionalized.
    He's an admitted Russian,I think he works in the same cubicle farm as Shalcker.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    He's an admitted Russian,I think he works in the same cubicle farm as Shalcker.
    Yeah, gotta earn those turnips somehow.

10+ Year Old Account

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Barr is shutting down those handed off investigations.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/06/ag-...ed-his-report/

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post

I actually didn't think he was even allowed to do that. But I guess it's another one of those rules that hinges on the people in power not being completely partisan sock puppets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not obstructing justice, just cancelling it.
    /s

'Cause that's normal for the AG to do I guess you have to protect you client.....I mean president somehow.

Do you know if this has this been confirmed anywhere? I can't find it anywhere else, and it seems like a pretty big story. Like 5-alarm big.

Shockingly, I guess they didn't find anything so he's looking to bury the reports. I wonder why he'd do that...