10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    the logan act is 200+ years old and def unconstitutional.
    the constitution is 200+ years old therefore its unconstitutional...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

5+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind if Soulless Whale SHS and Cryptkeeper Barbie Conway were somehow implicated in all this, even though they're small fries. So many disgusting people in this administration makes for a target rich environment.

I mean, if he is found guilty of violating it, then he should be prosecuted it, but that doesn't mean the act itself shouldn't be re-evaluated.

It's outdated and needs to go.
    Just because you do not like the law it is not reason for us to get rid of it, it is the law and will remain so until otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Just because you do not like the law it is not reason for us to get rid of it, it is the law and will remain so until otherwise.
    I understand and accept that - the Logan Act is not perfect however, and is very likely unconstitutional as deemed by the courts:

https://web.archive.org/web/20070402...mbers_2006.htm

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL33265.pdf

Me questioning the law doesn't mean I'm supporting getting rid of it to save Flynn - I just think we should re-examine some of our laws. Or do you guys think the Electoral College is infallible as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Out of curiosity, what kind of prison do people like this get put into?

Likely one that's the equivalent of a house arrest, but with secret service mixed in instead of the normal correctional officers. He probably has a lot of "intel" in his head that really should be equally guarded.

I mean, if he is found guilty of violating it, then he should be prosecuted it, but that doesn't mean the act itself shouldn't be re-evaluated.

It's outdated and needs to go.
    Why because your team might get shit on for violating it?

Nah. I don't want US citizens to be working against the US. I don't know why you do. Doesn't seem very American.

But we know how it is these days. Party before country and all that.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

I understand and accept that - the Logan Act is not perfect however, and is very likely unconstitutional as deemed by the courts:

https://web.archive.org/web/20070402...mbers_2006.htm

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL33265.pdf

Me questioning the law doesn't mean I'm supporting getting rid of it to save Flynn - I just think we should re-examine some of our laws. Or do you guys think the Electoral College is infallible as well?
    Nope but just like the electoral college it hasn't been brought up to the point where it would be changed. If it were to be changed it would not be now as it would be seen as a move to let Trump and his minions off the hook.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    No ideal honestly... don't really use the platform other than to get into arguments with Penn Jillette about libertarianism a few times a year.
    Me neither, in fact I literally can't figure out how you're supposed to use it :P

- - - Updated - - -

The Logan Act is 200+ years old and def unconstitutional.
    So I'm sure Flynn will have no problem defending himself against that charge in court.

Oh, wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Not one...
    Not two...
    But THREE threads on the same topic.. KEK.
    Only in r/MMOC-Pol

Cheers
    Seriously what happened to "have a great weekend everyone"?

Having a bad weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And only like one guy trying to defend trump in each thread.

Cheers.
    Hey in fairness the rest of the usual suspects got themselves banned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    If Sessions is charged I dont think it will be on obstruction after everyone else talks, so they might now even bother with him.

Kushner is next for sure.

DonJr better run because 100% a civilian, they'll have no problem throwing the book at him. DonJr is probably betting on pops to save him, too bad his daddy isnt Flynn.
    I'm gonna say something that is probably going to surprise people.

Kuschner isn't next, and neither is Fredo Trump (Don Jr). Their time will come, but that's a ways away.

They are the next highest people in the food chain, but think strategically here for a moment. The instant Mueller goes after them, officially, they are going after Trump's family. Trump, a man who does not care about consequences will fire him them and dare Republicans to do something. In the midst of tax reform, and next entitlement reform, they will not do it.

Mueller's strategy has worked so far because he's secured guilty please, but the Trump-family barrier is directly ahead. He's made his way into the White House, but not into the family itself. Before doing that, he needs to be prepared to be fired.

So what I think he is and going to do is go after all the mid-level people and the names that will be big that we don't know yet... the people without huge resources for a big legal battle... secure their testimony and cooperation, and build a siege engine around the Flynn battering ram.

And then when everything is ready, go after the Trump family. That will make Mueller difficult to fire, but even if he is fired, it will not stop the case. Everything needed to proceed against the President and his family will be there.

This is of course, just from our perspective. Mueller, for all we know, could believe his position is so secured for reasons he knows and we don't, that he could go after the Trump family. But from our outside angle, I think it would be premature. The first priority in any offense is to defend against a counter-offensive. So far as we know in the public, while Mueller has gone a LONG way to doing that, I don't think we're there yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Out of curiosity, what kind of prison do people like this get put into?
    In the US, they look like this.

The above is actually Wesley Snipes' Jail cell.

Trump, if convicted, would probably be held at Fort Leavenworth, in Kansas, in isolation for his own protection. That looks like this.

That's what I call a fitting end.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mueller vs Trump is going to end up looking like this.

Last edited by Stormspark; 2017-12-02 at 02:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    GOP strategist: Flynn plea signals 'unravelling of all the lies' of Trump admin

GOP strategist Steve Schmidt said Friday that he believes former national security adviser Michael Flynn's guilty plea signals "the unraveling of all the lies" from the Trump administration.

In an interview on MSNBC, Schmidt, a frequent critic of President Trump, said that it is "impossible to overstate what a big deal" Flynn's guilty plea is, and that the revelation that Flynn is cooperating with special counsel Robert Mueller could move the probe closer to Trump himself.

"Once again today, this moves closer to the Oval Office,” he said. “And we see the unraveling of all the lies. The president’s lies, the vice president’s lies, the attorney general’s lies, and we see an administration that has a nonstop proclivity to lying, now we’re seeing the criminal consequences of it.”

In a stunning development on Friday, Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak in the month before Trump took office.

According to court documents, his conversations with Kislyak were directed by Trump transition officials.

In a statement issued shortly after he entered his guilty plea, Flynn acknowledged that he was cooperating with Mueller's investigation into Russia's intervention in the 2016 election and possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Moscow.

Well this will be a (more) interesting few months.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    he believes

America, land of believers.
    Wow, I guess if you have nothing else to add or deflect you can wank in a post, that counts as working I guess. Must be slashing the budgets at the farm.

he believes

America, land of believers.
    So how many "nothingburgers" have turned out to be quarter pounders with cheese, at this point?

Wasn't there supposed to be no connections? Then it was just isolated individuals acting on their own accord, with no connection to the campaign? Then it was supposed to just be some low level guy who got coffee?

I mean, at what point do y'all have to admit that there's some meat to this "nothingburger"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So how many "nothingburgers" have turned out to be quarter pounders with cheese, at this point?
    Royale....Royale with cheese. He's Russian. They don't know what a quarter pound is.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Royale....Royale with cheese. He's Russian. They don't know what a quarter pound is.
    Hey now, that's France. I'm not sure what they call it in Russia : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey now, that's France. I'm not sure what they call it in Russia : /
    According to Google it's McRoyale (or some variation) of every place that doesn't use the metric system.

EDIT: From Wikipedia:

since 2016 in Russia it is called Grand Cheeseburger.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Sorry, but there are still nothing.

It is fun to watch though, keep it going!

Wasn't there supposed to be no connections? Then it was just isolated individuals acting on their own accord, with no connection to the campaign? Then it was supposed to just be some low level guy who got coffee?
    Yeah, your media writers are trying to keep suspense!
    "They got Manafort! This will finally lead to Trump! ...in a few years... and wait, actually not about Trump at all"
    "They got Papandopulous! They would only given him plea if he got them to higher ups! ...still nothing"
    "They got Flynn! This plea will certainly lead to Trump, couldn't be anything else!"
    Next step going to be "They got Kushner! Certainly that is going to lead to Trump!"
    ...it is kind of predictable. But build-up is quite long.

I mean, at what point do y'all have to admit that there's some meat to this "nothingburger"?
    Sorry, but it'll be deniable even past his conviction (if it ever happens). Obviously it'll be just "deep state" taking revenge on him, not because he is actually guilty :P

Because believers gotta believe!

Sorry, but there are still nothing.
    Innocent man don't plead guilty to nothing.

When (not if) it finally happens to Trump, What will your excuse be then?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD