Manafort Live Sentencing

6:18 p.m.: Manafort addressed the court during his sentencing hearing, saying "the last two years have been the most difficult of my life."

"To say I am humiliated and shamed would be a gross understatement," Manafort said, adding that it has been most difficult to have been separated from his family.

Manafort thanked Judge T.S. Ellis for dealing with all of the attention that the case has brought, and ended by asking Ellis for compassion. Manafort was seated in a wheelchair and spoke in even tones as he addressed the court. Ellis called a recess after Manafort addressed the court.

-------------

Another damn recess...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    "To say I am humiliated and shamed would be a gross understatement," Manafort said, adding that it has been most difficult to have been separated from his family.

Manafort was seated in a wheelchair and spoke in even tones as he addressed the court.
    Laying it on a bit thick, there...

Judge knows he's got everybody looking at him...dragging this shit out.

...why is Manafuvk (sic) in a wheelchair?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    TLDR: The party of law and order cares nothing about law and order, only power.
    Part of "I am the Law!" and "Obey my orders!".

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Probably hoping to nudge a little subconscious sympathy from the judge. hm..judge seems to think 19-24yrs is excessive...so maybe it's working.

https://twitter.com/Tom_Winter/statu...07242946646016

BREAKING / NBC News: Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort has been sentenced to 47 months in a federal prison for his Virginia case.

DC and SDNY needs to pony up
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2019-03-08 at 12:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably hoping to nudge a little subconscious sympathy from the judge. hm..judge seems to think 19-24yrs is excessive...so maybe it's working.

BREAKING / NBC News: Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort has been sentenced to 47 months in a federal prison for his Virginia case.

So Justice is dead then.

Gr8. Well the U.S. had a good run.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    So Justice is dead then.
    Gr8. Well the U.S. had a good run.
    Not so fast:

U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson could add up to 10 years when Manafort is sentenced in Washington. That hearing is scheduled for Wednesday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not so fast:

U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson could add up to 10 years when Manafort is sentenced in Washington. That hearing is scheduled for Wednesday.
    Yeah, but how many other fucktards like the first Judge have now been crammed in the U.S. Justice system thanks to Trump and McConnel being fucking cunts?

10+ Year Old Account

Wonder if Mueller can appeal to a new judge for a harsher sentence considering the current judge was biased in Manaforts favor.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Ellis was out of order the whole time then this bullshit. At least we have DC to pull for to throw the book at him
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Wonder if Mueller can appeal to a new judge for a harsher sentence considering the current judge was biased in Manaforts favor.
    He should, because this fucker just gave a multiple felon, with 8 charges that he was convicted of, 2 charges he plead guilty to, and other charges that he could have gotten, 47 fucking months. Manafort is a fucking traitor to this country and he gave him more than a first time drug offender would get.

I hope New York State takes up charges against Manafort, and next week he gets the maximum he can get. He deserves MORE, for being a traitor to the United States.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Ellis was out of order the whole time then this bullshit. At least we have DC to pull for to throw the book at him
    Especially when he said that Mueller had no right to do this, even though he was sued by Manafort, and was rule he could do it. Rosenstein gave him the mandate to look into collusion, AND other crimes that he finds. Ellis should be disbarred.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    He should, because this fucker just gave a multiple felon, with 8 charges that he was convicted of, 2 charges he plead guilty to, and other charges that he could have gotten, 47 fucking months. Manafort is a fucking traitor to this country and he gave him more than a first time drug offender would get.

I hope New York State takes up charges against Manafort, and next week he gets the maximum he can get. He deserves MORE, for being a traitor to the United States.

- - - Updated - - -

Especially when he said that Mueller had no right to do this, even though he was sued by Manafort, and was rule he could do it. Rosenstein gave him the mandate to look into collusion, AND other crimes that he finds. Ellis should be disbarred.
    Ellis is a known piece of shit way before this case as well. Extremely hostile, doesn't hide political bias, and has been discriminatory in the past as well in his rulings. He's the epitome of an activist judge that has preconceived opinions about things and will warp his argument and attack the prosecution in improper ways to mold the case around his opinion instead of forming his opinion based on the case.

His actions and comments during this trial were highly improper and then doing 47 months on a 19 year minimum? Potheads get put away longer than that in Virginia.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Not likely, unless there's a mandatory minimum ellis violated. Can't appeal just because the judge was lenient within his authority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

The party of law and order strikes once again!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Ellis is a known piece of shit way before this case as well. Extremely hostile, doesn't hide political bias, and has been discriminatory in the past as well in his rulings. He's the epitome of an activist judge that has preconceived opinions about things and will warp his argument and attack the prosecution in improper ways to mold the case around his opinion instead of forming his opinion based on the case.

His actions and comments during this trial were highly improper and then doing 47 months on a 19 year minimum? Potheads get put away longer than that in Virginia.
    Not a 19 year minimum as I understand it. That's just the baseline of what the sentencing guidelines recommended.

Honestly, his violation of the plea agreement and subsequent lies about violating it by lying should have at least landed him in there for longer than 4 years. Not pleased with this at all, but it is what it is.

Let's remember, there's still the second set of charges that are far more serious that haven't gone to court yet. He may very well see decades tacked onto his prison term depending on the results of that case.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    ...why is Manafuvk (sic) in a wheelchair?
    He's got gout ... so his little toesy-wosey hurts.

Honestly, his violation of the plea agreement and subsequent lies about violating it by lying should have at least landed him in there for longer than 4 years. Not pleased with this at all, but it is what it is.

Let's remember, there's still the second set of charges that are far more serious that haven't gone to court yet. He may very well see decades tacked onto his prison term depending on the results of that case.
    He's only facing 10 years max next week.

That's the biggest issue. If Manafort had been fully cooperative and remorseful from the start, I could have understood the leniency better.

But the fucker was outright obstructive and showed no remorse the whole time. There's hope that Berman-Jackson will throw the book at him as 10 years added and not concurrent would be effectively life, but it's frustrating seeing Ellis get away with this shit yet again. He's been making stupid biased rulings here for fucking years and is basically a GOP operative on the bench.