Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    And, if I'm not mistaken, didn't even get these people on the purpose of what the investigation was for. It was all secondary shit like how they "get" people via IRS.
    Part of the reason manafort got his plea revoked was lying about colluding with russians (we know this because his lawyers suck at redactions). He was colluding with russians.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Flynn is still awaiting sentence.

I know you're flailing really hard to downplay the investigation, but don't cross into lying, it's not a good look for you.
    What did I lie about? I said never sentenced, you said still awaiting sentence... Are you really going to try and mince words like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Part of the reason manafort got his plea revoked was lying about colluding with russians (we know this because his lawyers suck at redactions). He was colluding with russians.
    He was a pipeline for money from Russian Millionares. He was giving a big part of that money to the Podesta group. They never got charged with anything. I mean what Manafort did was wrong and he should do the time but it had nothing to do with Russian Collusion and the 2016 election.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    What did I lie about? I said never sentenced, you said still awaiting sentence... Are you really going to try and mince words like that?
    You're trying to mince words about mischaractarizing the truth being different from lying.
    /s

But... Mueller is working with Barr making redactions right now. Are you really thinking Mueller wouldn't have said something by now if Barr wrote something so different than what was found? You know Barr and Mueller have known each other for over 20+yrs and their wives are basically bffs.
    I don't believe that the mueller report is 400 pages of copy/paste "we found nothing."

He was a pipeline for money from Russian Millionares. He was giving a big part of that money to the Podesta group. They never got charged with anything. I mean what Manafort did was wrong and he should do the time but it had nothing to do with Russian Collusion and the 2016 election.
    He was passing internal campaign polling data to people with ties to russian intelligence while campaign manager. That's colluding with russians. That's what we know from his lawyers' garbage redaction job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because he will be sentenced?
    Yes, because it's not mincing words. You're implying it isn't going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    You're trying to mince words about mischaractarizing the truth being different from lying.
    The investigation is over, the report has been filed. Flynn still never sentenced. Even the judge said, I don't like to convict an innocent man, are you sure that you don't want to change your plea. But yea, I guess still awaiting...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Because he will be sentenced?
    Yes, because it's not mincing words. You're implying it isn't going to happen.
    Will he though?

- - - Updated - - -

He was passing internal campaign polling data to people with ties to russian intelligence while campaign manager. That's colluding with russians. That's what we know from his lawyers' garbage redaction job.
    So when is going to be charged with that? or are they just good with the tax evasion? Lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    If that exact line is in the report, on ANY page, how is that cherry-picking?
    Because that's literally how that term works.

The investigation is over, the report has been filed. Flynn still never sentenced.
    Not yet - https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/12/polit...ian/index.html

Mueller is done with him, but he will be sentenced.

Even the judge said, I don't like to convict an innocent man, are you sure that you don't want to change your plea. But yea, I guess still awaiting...
    Citation needed*

10+ Year Old Account
    The investigation is over, the report has been filed. Flynn still never sentenced. Even the judge said, I don't like to convict an innocent man, are you sure that you don't want to change your plea. But yea, I guess still awaiting...

- - - Updated - - -

Will he though?

- - - Updated - - -

So when is going to be charged with that? or are they just good with the tax evasion? Lol
    Why wouldn't he be? Mueller was pushing it back because he's still cooperating. Now that Mueller is done, we'll see if any of the spinoff investigations will want to talk to him.

Once he's done he'll show up in court and be sentenced. I'm not sure why you would have doubts about this.

P.S. you also forgot Roger Stone on your downplay. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Right, which is all what Barr said. We literally have nothing from the report itself aside from reports that Barr's memo(that you're going off of) is a mischaracterization of the actual report.
    so what is your argument exactly? You think mueller found enough damning evidence beyond reasonable doubt?

How would I know? Me not knowing if/when it's going to be charged, doesn't mean we don't know that it happened. We know there are "ongoing criminal investigations" that barr wants to redact the report for. If this is the best you've got, have fun with your delusions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    so what is your argument exactly? You think mueller found enough damning evidence beyond reasonable doubt?
    Yeah, see, Trump was the one who claimed this was a total and complete exonoration. That's the target right now. And it's because of that statement, that some Mueller team members have been saying "No, that's not what the report says". That's why we're having this discussion.

Nobody here believes Mueller found evidence beyond reasonable doubt, then did nothing about it. Barr could not have lied that badly and expected to get away with it. But, many people here believe that Trump's claim "total and complete exonoration" is not what the report says. Including, probably, Barr.

No, I think Barr drew conclusions that weren’t necessarily accurate based on what Mueller reported to him.
    ok fair enough, but i'm not going off what barr said, i'm going off why trump isn't sitting in a jail cell right now.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I'm still not sure why people think "beyond a reasonable doubt" is the standard we should be using for impeachment for a national security issue. Impeachment doesn't send someone to jail, and "beyond a reasonable doubt" isn't the standard used for denying people jobs that revolve around national security.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Not yet - https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/12/polit...ian/index.html

Mueller is done with him, but he will be sentenced.

Citation needed*
    Failure to register as a Foreign Agent in... Turkey. So much Russia. I think his case has more to do with the FISA abuse than that charge but we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yeah, see, Trump was the one who claimed this was a total and complete exonoration. That's the target right now. And it's because of that statement, that some Mueller team members have been saying "No, that's not what the report says". That's why we're having this discussion.

Nobody here believes Mueller found evidence beyond reasonable doubt, then did nothing about it. Barr could not have lied that badly and expected to get away with it. But, many people here believe that Trump's claim "total and complete exonoration" is not what the report says. Including, probably, Barr.
    ok, than I guess I don't understand why this guy is argueing with me. because what you just said is exactly my point.

I'm still not sure why people think "beyond a reasonable doubt" is the standard we should be using for impeachment for a national security issue. Impeachment doesn't send someone to jail, and "beyond a reasonable doubt" isn't the standard used for denying people jobs that revolve around national security.
    Because the Mueller report is about crimes that may have been committed. Not about "impeachable offenses". Impeachable offenses could be whatever Congress decides it is. Mueller should have no word on that. His job was to find crimes, and that means "beyond a reasonable doubt" and I would hazard to guess that since we are talking about the president, he is probably looking for even more concrete proof than that.

No, I think Barr drew conclusions that weren’t necessarily accurate based on what Mueller reported to him. I figures that’d be obvious by now, in light of the last few posts. You keep trying to pretend we have info straight from Mueller when all we have is Barr’s interpretation that he HIMSELF said shouldn’t be viewed as a conclusive summary of the actual findings....

Read that again, Barr has already backtracked on the memo he sent. Take it in. Now try again, from the beginning.
    What? Backtracked when? He is working on releasing the report. He and Mueller are doing the redactions together...