Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    When he said his summary shouldn’t be viewed as a definitive summary.

- - - Updated - - -

The DOJ defers to Congress and the power to impeach first.
    If that were the case, Barr wouldn't have stated "no obstruction" because Mueller certainly didn't say that.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    If that were the case, Barr wouldn't have stated "no obstruction" because Mueller certainly didn't say that.
    That's kind of the crux of why people are annoyed at Barr... He doesn't have the authority to insert himself into the chain of custody of the report.

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    That's not relevant to the question I asked you: do you think the judge delayed his sentence because he was worried Flynn is innocent?
    Its pretty apparent why it was delayed. I mean the judge even says that he is still working with the investigation. Still though, he asked him multiple times if he wanted to change his plea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    That's kind of the crux of why people are annoyed at Barr... He doesn't have the authority to insert himself into the chain of custody of the report.
    What? Any special council report goes to the AG, always has. The last one with Bill Clinton was never released and Nadler was the main person saying that it shouldnt be, its what makes this whole entire thing pretty funny, considering now he is the main saying the entire report should be released.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    It's complete partisan hackery, not this fair and balanced and proper protocol bullshit.

It's complete partisan hackery, not this fair and balanced and proper protocol bullshit.
    Really? Everyone knew this was going to the AG. Everyone. Why is it hackery?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I think things will reach a point where Barr will find a spot where he will have to protect himself.
    I respectfully disagree.

Barr isn't saving himself for some hypothetical role in some hypothetical non-Trump presidency. He's not building the case that Pence should keep him in 2025, he's trying to survive the next two years. Assuming Trump leaves in 2020, Barr goes regardless if Trump is shamed for trying to work with Russia, or just because Trump fucked the economy and flees in disgrace.

Now, if Barr contests a subpoena, I'll admit I was wrong about that. But if Barr is telling anywhere close to the truth about the contents of Mueller's report, the subpoena is the best possible option for him. He gets to honestly say "there's nothing I can do to stop it", hand over the report, and that's that. If he tries to block a lawful subpoena, that's basically admitting he was lying, and at that point, there's not much to protect anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Really? Everyone knew this was going to the AG. Everyone. Why is it hackery?

It's not his place to give a "summery." It's not his place to give a ruling on obstruction. It's his place to take the report, and give it to congress, with redactions where necessary and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I respectfully disagree.

Barr isn't saving himself for some hypothetical role in some hypothetical non-Trump presidency. He's not building the case that Pence should keep him in 2025, he's trying to survive the next two years. Assuming Trump leaves in 2020, Barr goes regardless if Trump is shamed for trying to work with Russia, or just because Trump fucked the economy and flees in disgrace.

Now, if Barr contests a subpoena, I'll admit I was wrong about that. But if Barr is telling anywhere close to the truth about the contents of Mueller's report, the subpoena is the best possible option for him. He gets to honestly say "there's nothing I can do to stop it", hand over the report, and that's that. If he tries to block a lawful subpoena, that's basically admitting he was lying, and at that point, there's not much to protect anymore.
    That subpoena was nothing but politics. Nadler knows because he even says that Grand Jury testimony is part of the report and that needs to be redacted. Barr said that he would be releasing the report in April. Parts have to be redacted, its the law to not show Grand Jury testimony and you cant release names of private citizens. Barr is working with Mueller on the redactions.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I respectfully disagree.

Agreed. So far we think Barr is covering up some material in the Report to cover Trump's ass, given Barr's history of doing so with other President's. But we are, at the end of the day, just guessing. With a Congressional Subpoena Barr will reveal to us whether he is lying or not. It's an easy out for him to hand it over legally, and if he contests it for any reason, that will pretty much confirm our educated guess.

Its pretty apparent why it was delayed. I mean the judge even says that he is still working with the investigation. Still though, he asked him multiple times if he wanted to change his plea.
    It's a yes or no question: do you think the judge delayed Flynn's sentencing because he was worried Flynn is innocent?

It's not his place to give a "summery." It's not his place to give a ruling on obstruction. It's his place to take the report, and give it to congress, with redactions where necessary and that's it.
    So you would rather not hear anything till redactions are made?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    That subpoena was nothing but politics. Nadler knows because he even says that Grand Jury testimony is part of the report and that needs to be redacted. Barr said that he would be releasing the report in April. Parts have to be redacted, its the law to not show Grand Jury testimony and you cant release names of private citizens. Barr is working with Mueller on the redactions.
    Congressional Subpoena's supercede most laws regarding protected testimony. The full, unedited report, needs to be handed over to Congress. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    It's a yes or no question: do you think the judge delayed Flynn's sentencing because he was worried Flynn is innocent?
    Its not a yes or no question, because the Judge said that sentencing was delayed because Flynn is still cooperating with the investigation.

So you would rather not hear anything till redactions are made?
    I'd rather not hear anything until congress decides what to do. it's been 2 years, what's another few weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Congressional Subpoena's supercede most laws regarding protected testimony. The full, unedited report, needs to be handed over to Congress. Period.
    So why did Nadler say that he understands that Grand Jury testimony needs to be redacted? Or are you just making shit up now?

Was doing work, didnt have time to respond to it all, kind of boring as well.
    Bullshit.

You know it.

I know it.

Edge knows it.

Anyone reading this knows it.

You're just another bad faith poster.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

So why did Nadler say that he understands that Grand Jury testimony needs to be redacted? Or are you just making shit up now?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...=.0948cb59e365

We’re going to work with the attorney general for a short period of time in a hope that he will reveal to us the entire Mueller report and will go to court to get permission to get the [grand jury] material,” Nadler said, referring to interviews and documents presented during the proceedings throughout the investigation. “But if that doesn’t work out, in a very short order we will issue subpoenas.
    From yesterday.

Redacted for the public. Not for Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Bullshit.

You know it.

I know it.

Edge knows it.

Anyone reading this knows it.

You're just another bad faith poster.
    Yea man, youre right, nobody that posts here has a job.

Which refute? Mifsud never met with Mueller, dont you think the guy that kicked off the entire investigation would meet with him? and... sorry, I dont watch any MSM and yes FOX is MSM. Not even a good try. Im guessing youre Stelter or is it a Maddow fan? Lol.
    Oh look, you're doing it again. As Madeline Kahn would have said: "How ordinawy."

Nothing to see here, folks. Just strawmen and ad hominems.