Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Has their been an underwater easter egg or hint?

At any point in World of warcraft? Have to swim damn near till your dead to find it?

The gnome village off the corner of Silithus (iirc) comes to mind. If my memory is correct, you have to swim PAST fatigue waters to reach it.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Terky Pet.

Deleted
    I think the Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron has lead ppl to some interesting places underwater

Giant pearl in Vashj'ir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not so much an easter egg, but Druids used to have to do a quest to unlock aquatic form and you had to swim to a clam that was super far out underwater in Westfall

Vashj'ir itself was literally a "testing the waters."
    Last edited by Seasz; 2017-10-28 at 05:51 AM.

there used to be some secret pirate islands waayyyyy off the shore of Tanaris if that counts. Pretty sure they removed them in cata though.

The underwater gnomish houses that were already mentioned are probably the best match though. you have to heal through fatigue to get there and then if you get too close it sucks you down and kills you instantly.

I think there was also a deep pool in wrath or something that had part of an old god sticking out of it or something? idk.
    Last edited by SylviaDragon; 2017-10-28 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    The gnome village off the corner of Silithus (iirc) comes to mind. If my memory is correct, you have to swim PAST fatigue waters to reach it.
    Unless we're thinking of two different things, there used to be a Tauren village south of Silithus on the coast, but I'm not sure if it's still there. But, there were two islands south of Tanaris way past fatigued waters. One was Goblin themed, one was Gnome themed, with a rig in the waters between them. The islands were removed in Cata, sadly.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by SylviaDragon View Post
    there used to be some secret pirate islands waayyyyy off the shore of Tanaris if that counts.
    those "secret" islands were part of the AQ gate opening questline. prior to cata, shaman and DK could waterwalk out to them. If you spoke to the naga npc just before the fatigue zone if you were on the appropriate quest you would be granted an obscene swim speed boost to reach the islands.

edit:

the questline and most npc's related to it were removed with the cataclysm. If you were someone hunting down a copy of Maladath witha better drop rate than a boss in BWL... this quest was the only other option.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SylviaDragon View Post
    there used to be some secret pirate islands waayyyyy off the shore of Tanaris if that counts.
    I've been there before. It was also out of sight since you had to swim to the southern beach before you could even see the islands.

I don't think there's any huge secret that's hidden underwater though. As someone else mentioned, the murloc pet in Borean Tundra, but I think that one wasn't even added at the time of WotLK.

There is a huge snake-like skeleton at southern Dragonblight if you follow the Path of the Titans into the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Unless we're thinking of two different things, there used to be a Tauren village south of Silithus on the coast, but I'm not sure if it's still there. But, there were two islands south of Tanaris way past fatigued waters. One was Goblin themed, one was Gnome themed, with a rig in the waters between them. The islands were removed in Cata, sadly.
    It's the Tanaris ones I was thinking of! There's one still there, not quite as deep as the originals- it was re-added and is currently used for an engineering quest, and does still require you to brave fatigue waters to reach.

Druid's questline to get aquatic form back in the day required you to gather two quest items WAAAAY off the coasts of Westfall and Silverpine. You'd swim right out to the edge of the fatigue water, which was VERY far out in this zones, then straight down all the way to the bottom, which was a long way. With how long you could hold your breath in those days you'd drown for sure unless you found the small vent in the sea floor that allowed you to breath and let you explore around for the item.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    It's the Tanaris ones I was thinking of! There's one still there, not quite as deep as the originals- it was re-added and is currently used for an engineering quest, and does still require you to brave fatigue waters to reach.
    Ah yes, the Blingtron quest house. I do miss the original islands, though.

I remember going to those with a group of people I played with back when I first started. Think I was 9 or so at the time and we’d just go to those islands and hang out. Was really cool. Back then I didn’t know anything about the game so all I did was explore and hangout with in game friends and go to unknown areas like the tanaris islands. Was awesome. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    those "secret" islands were part of the AQ gate opening questline. prior to cata, shaman and DK could waterwalk out to them. If you spoke to the naga npc just before the fatigue zone if you were on the appropriate quest you would be granted an obscene swim speed boost to reach the islands.
    True to a certain degree. I have done this quest on my priest back when it was current content. The naga patrols the shore, not the fatigue border. And DKs and Shamans can't reach it with waterwalking. This because the fatigue damage breaks your waterwalking capabilities and you just end up in the water. Classes that could do it without the swimming speed buff needed a movement speed buff that applied to swimming aswell and hots/insta heals. I did the quest a second time on a new priest in wotlk, was able to break through the fatigue zone without the naga buff thanks to in ICC introduced holy word serenity.

But yeah its an island that was part of 1 of 3 seperate questlines that all came together to open the gates to AQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    True to a certain degree. I have done this quest on my priest back when it was current content. The naga patrols the shore, not the fatigue border. And DKs and Shamans can't reach it with waterwalking. This because the fatigue damage breaks your waterwalking capabilities and you just end up in the water. Classes that could do it without the swimming speed buff needed a movement speed buff that applied to swimming aswell and hots/insta heals. I did the quest a second time on a new priest in wotlk, was able to break through the fatigue zone without the naga buff thanks to in ICC introduced holy word serenity.

But yeah its an island that was part of 1 of 3 seperate questlines that all came together to open the gates to AQ.
    i can Confirm that Dk's could reach it while under teh effects of path of frost, cause that's how i'd reach the islands in the past. Path of Frost, mount up and you're safe to clear the area before you start taking fatigue damage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anufis View Post
    Giant pearl in Vashj'ir.
    Yeah that one is pretty interesting plus the fact its surrounded by pretty large monster skeletons and rocks. You also can't reach it because of fatigue. Only way to get a closer look without dying is with Eagle Eye or something similar. Always wondered what the purpose of these things was, but they're probably just leftover props from creating the zone.

There are also a ton of hidden things in the seas of the Broken Isles.

-Sunken Forsaken ship off the coast of Stormheim with plagued fish swimming around.
    -In the far northeastern corner off the map of Stormheim there's a giant ribcage with a murloc village inside it on the sea floor. Except, all the murlocs are cursed and dead, with energy coming off of them.
    -There's a kraken (Ozumat-style) in some Highborne ruins off the coast between Highmountain and Val'sharah. You can fight and kill it, but it doesn't fight back.
    -There are a couple of Kval'dir camps in the waters of Azsuna and Stormheim. The Stormheim one is in the northwestern area of the map's waters - there's also an empty underground cave there. The Azsuna camp is in the western area, past Faronaar by some big rocks in the water.

There are a ton of other things in the waters there, though. Sunken ships, bones, and strange rock formations are everywhere. There are tons of neutral aquatic creatures all over the Broken Isles as well - even the first appearance of natural/non-druidic Water Wolves in Val'sharah. Of course, the Kosumoth event has a lot of hidden areas under the waters as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    There are also a ton of hidden things in the seas of the Broken Isles.

-Sunken Forsaken ship off the coast of Stormheim with plagued fish swimming around.
    -In the far northeastern corner off the map of Stormheim there's a giant ribcage with a murloc village inside it on the sea floor. Except, all the murlocs are cursed and dead, with energy coming off of them.
    -There's a kraken (Ozumat-style) in some Highborne ruins off the coast between Highmountain and Val'sharah. You can fight and kill it, but it doesn't fight back.
    -There are a couple of Kval'dir camps in the waters of Azsuna and Stormheim. The Stormheim one is in the northwestern area of the map's waters - there's also an empty underground cave there. The Azsuna camp is in the western area, past Faronaar by some big rocks in the water.

There are a ton of other things in the waters there, though. Sunken ships, bones, and strange rock formations are everywhere. There are tons of neutral aquatic creatures all over the Broken Isles as well - even the first appearance of natural/non-druidic Water Wolves in Val'sharah. Of course, the Kosumoth event has a lot of hidden areas under the waters as well.
    oh nice! Im going to go find that Krakken then. Havnt heard of this

I made this topic because i was swimming down and around un instanced Eye of Azshara so i wondered if anything relating to leaks or spoilers might have been found underwater