Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

the Trump administration continues to grow america's economy at record levels.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2018/02/0...n-january.html

i do not support trump or have any political bias for/against him or other politcians/parties in america.

hard to argue facts though. unfortunately alot of people will read this and immediately feel the need to be defensive and attack Trump or others for supporting Trump.

facts are true whether you believe them or not. remember that.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post

i do not support trump or have any political bias for/against him or other politcians/parties in america.

hard to argue facts though. unfortunately alot of people will read this and immediately feel the need to be defensive and attack Trump or others for supporting Trump.

Some are going to hate Trump no matter how much good he does. But the mods are going to ether end this thread or move it to the Politics Forum.

I thought the economy was already recovering, with or without Trump.

You mean the market that has been going straight up for 8 years in a row is still going up? Congratulations Donald. What is the point of this post other than to try and troll some people?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    I thought the economy was already recovering, with or without Trump.
    It was. He has accelerated it however with his changes and influence on it by the stock market's reaction and the moves many companies have made based on the Tax Reform Law.

The economic upswing started whilst Obama was in office, after he inherited a decimated economy. Just look back over 2017 and try and pinpoint exactly what Trump did to trigger the upswing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.1af3e0362e09

I also noticed a huge extra chunk of money in my paycheck. Federal taxes were lowered quite a bit.

I read on CNN that it just means I might not get as big a refund check at the end of the year... but we live in a time now where I can't even trust CNN's reporting because I feel like it's anti-Trump propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Some are going to hate Trump no matter how much good he does.
    What actually did he do?

It was. He has accelerated it however with his changes and influence on it by the stock market's reaction and the moves many companies have made based on the Tax Reform Law.
    That's great for the short term, but the long-term outlook looks less rosy. We are going to be looking at an increased deficit, more debt, a ballooning trade deficit, and more protectionism. The tax cuts are great, but without spending cuts, it's going to be very problematic down the line.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    You mean the market that has been going straight up for 8 years in a row is still going up? Congratulations Donald. What is the point of this post other than to try and troll some people?
    i suppose there is no point trying to give others information. They do not want to hear any facts or evidence, they have their bias against Trump and nothing will ever change that. sad as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    The economic upswing started whilst Obama was in office, after he inherited a decimated economy. Just look back over 2017 and try and pinpoint exactly what Trump did to trigger the upswing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.1af3e0362e09
    'unfortunately alot of people will read this and immediately feel the need to be defensive and attack Trump or others for supporting Trump.' (Dankdruid 2018).

ignore the post and attack Trump. very unfortunate and worrying that the majority of the public have this response.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I also noticed a huge extra chunk of money in my paycheck. Federal taxes were lowered quite a bit.

I read on CNN that it just means I might not get as big a refund check at the end of the year... but we live in a time now where I can't even trust CNN's reporting because I feel like it's anti-Trump propaganda.
    the real problem is who is paying for that bump in your paycheck. As it currently stands, that cost is being dumped on future generations. Without spending cuts, then the tax cuts are simply selfish on our part.

Also, maybe you can provide that CNN article that said what you stated.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2018-02-02 at 03:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is no recorded "acceleration" of GDP growth from the past 10 years. Try again, this time, use the "he's a businessman" approach.

I don't live in the US, nor do I know much about the US systems so don't take this the wrong way, I'm curious.

Is this the whole picture or is it just positive numbers taken out of context to show economic growth? There's so much more to society than economics. It's one pillar, sure but there are many pillars that create the foundation of a nation.

I could force people to buy something so that I can open up jobs to make said thing and that would show as progress. It's just a matter of point of view. The economy keeps growing, but at what cost? Does everyone in America benefit from this or is it only those with a lot of money that does?

Facts out of context is not lying per say, but it's not the full truth.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

i suppose there is no point trying to give others information. They do not want to hear any facts or evidence, they have their bias against Trump and nothing will ever change that. sad as it is.

'unfortunately alot of people will read this and immediately feel the need to be defensive and attack Trump or others for supporting Trump.' (Dankdruid 2018).

ignore the post and attack Trump. very unfortunate and worrying that the majority of the public have this response.
    Maybe you can point out where that poster attacked Trump? I read it, and I didn't see any attack.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

That has more to do with you already being deluded by right wing propaganda, not CNN concocting conspiratorial fables everyday since Trump was elected, that is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    I don't live in the US, nor do I know much about the US systems so don't take this the wrong way, I'm curious.

Is this the whole picture or is it just positive numbers taken out of context to show economic growth? There's so much more to society than economics. It's one pillar, sure but there are many pillars that create the foundation of a nation.

I could force people to buy something so that I can open up jobs to make said thing and that would show as progress. It's just a matter of point of view. The economy keeps growing, but at what cost? Does everyone in America benefit from this or is it only those with a lot of money that does?

Facts out of context is not lying per say, but it's not the full truth.
    There is definite short-term gains, mainly in regards to stock prices of companies. Over the next year, people will see less taxes removed from their paychecks, as well. The negative aspects of it are regarding spending and long-term fiscal responsibility. So far, we have seen no plans to actually pay for the tax cuts.

When you make changes it takes time to see an effect on the economy. That being said, this growth is thanks to Obama presidency. It is a big shame that some people can't understand how life works a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    That has more to do with you already being deluded by right wing propaganda, not CNN concocting conspiratorial fables everyday since Trump was elected, that is insane.
    You don't even know me.

It's going to be interesting if more states allow for donations to state-backed charities as a way to get around the ending of the SALT deduction. From what I've seen, it's completely legal, and will lower the overall federal incomes of people, lowering their federal burden. As it stands, California, New Jersey, and Maryland are looking to do it. If a few other states do it, then it may cause a sizable hit to federal revenue.

Deleted

That's not an attack, bro. So, can you pinpoint what Trump did to trigger the upswing that began long before he took office?

You sound pretty bias for Trump though.