Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fresh 110 Havok DH - need a bit of assistance with WeakAura

Just curious if anyone has a link to a nice WeakAura with some rotation assistance so I can get the swing of this.

The one I have is straight garbage and I didn't see one listed in the sticky thread that appealed to me/had rotation assistance

Thanks.

P.S. any further tips/tricks welcome!

You don't need a WA assistance with DH, we probably have the most simple rotation out of all classes.

Basically use Blade Dance on CD and fill with Chaos Strike if possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r1369 View Post
    Just curious if anyone has a link to a nice WeakAura with some rotation assistance so I can get the swing of this.

The one I have is straight garbage and I didn't see one listed in the sticky thread that appealed to me/had rotation assistance

Thanks.

TBF the only WA you "need" as a DH is something that'll track your cds so you can pop them asap they come up again. And they're excrutiatingly easy to make yourself. There's really no reason to have a rotational WA for Havoc - Because it'd be a shame to claim that DH has one. Other than BD on cd, FB on cd and proc, CS on BD downtime, fill with throw glaive when fury starved. But i can understand wanting to perform quickly on a new character. Don't stress it, the thing you need is a feel for is the fury generation/consumption - ie when to use BD/FB to not cap fury. So to summarize just go play, it's a very accesible spec that doesn't have a deceiving depth to it. And is therefore quite easy to get decent at a relatively fast pace.

Go 2,2,2,1 (inmunity for soak), 3,1,1. (talents) . Meta, nemesis and chaos blades at pull. Felblade to gain fury and spam chaos blades, pray to rngjesus and done. Also blade dance on cd. Use your aoe skills if you need it.

Deleted

Thanks.

TBF the only WA you "need" as a DH is something that'll track your cds so you can pop them asap they come up again. And they're excrutiatingly easy to make yourself. There's really no reason to have a rotational WA for Havoc - Because it'd be a shame to claim that DH has one. Other than BD on cd, FB on cd and proc, CS on BD downtime, fill with throw glaive when fury starved. But i can understand wanting to perform quickly on a new character. Don't stress it, the thing you need is a feel for is the fury generation/consumption - ie when to use BD/FB to not cap fury. So to summarize just go play, it's a very accesible spec that doesn't have a deceiving depth to it. And is therefore quite easy to get decent at, at a relatively fast pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Otrew View Post
    Go 2,2,2,1 (inmunity for soak), 3,1,1. (talents) . Meta, nemesis and chaos blades at pull. Felblade to gain fury and spam chaos blades, pray to rngjesus and done. Also blade dance on cd. Use your aoe skills if you need it.
    QQ,
    Do you accumulate any Fury before you start Chaos Strike spam or just stay empty and hit Chaos Strike/Blade Dance on every Demons Blade or Fellblade proc, the moment you get any Fury? I mean, it feels so bad praying for something to proc while swinging auto attacks. But then accumulating Fury may result into reaching the cap too quickly and waste all your procs.

Deleted
    Both. Burn your fury asap.
    Only exception is before the second/third fourth etc. round of cds, strong on use trinkets - in that case you caaaan pool fury, but don't cap it.

Unless you got high crit/haste you will always have downtimes just waiting. Even with 55% crit and 25% haste it happens every now and then.

And what about if you are using Demonic build?

Since you know, we are getting forced into that build in the new raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperplates View Post

So.... I should get used to this build then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperplates View Post

I'm not playing Demonic next tier. It's still garbage, regardless of the tier bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zasriel View Post
    I'm not playing Demonic next tier. It's still garbage, regardless of the tier bonus.
    demonic is still better than cb build in all aspects but dps (slightly) current tier

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    demonic is still better than cb build in all aspects but dps (slightly) current tier
    So the most important aspect. Got it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zasriel View Post
    So the most important aspect. Got it...
    pretty sure i said slightly. Are you a mythic raider to the point of competing worlds firsts? No? How about top 50? No? Then dont worry about cblade build, if demonic is going to help in the long run with healers not worrying about you, and you are pulling nearly the same dps in the long run.

pretty sure i said slightly. Are you a mythic raider to the point of competing worlds firsts? No? How about top 50? No? Then dont worry about cblade build, if demonic is going to help in the long run with healers not worrying about you, and you are pulling nearly the same dps in the long run.
    Also demonic is less dependent on getting meta to 2 minutes, since you dont have chaos blades. So for fights with low uptime on the boss is can be better, The difference on some fights is pretty small.

Lies.

CB build has one thing Demonic doesn't. Massive burst.

At this point of progression, bosses are dying faster and faster, that means CB is getting stronger as well.

You're playing against your class if you're running Demonic atm, for two reasons:

1- What I just explained about kill times
    2- T20 forces Blade Dance usage which is bad for Demonic.

Thanks.

wago . io - Largest collection of WeakAura's for every class. I'm fairly certain you will find what you're looking for here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    Lies.

CB build has one thing Demonic doesn't. Massive burst.

At this point of progression, bosses are dying faster and faster, that means CB is getting stronger as well.

You're playing against your class if you're running Demonic atm, for two reasons:

1- What I just explained about kill times
    2- T20 forces Blade Dance usage which is bad for Demonic.
    Blade dance is perfectly fine. Hell, it makes fury of the illidari even better, popping eyebeam fury then deaths dance. Got those 15 ticks, and deaths dance, not to mention maybe an annihilation in there popping for some great damage.

I'm not playing against my class when I'm a middle of the pack dps that doesn't need to be healed AT ALL by our healers when we have dps that make mistakes, and mistakes in mtos tend to be brutal specially towards healers. So what am I doing? Alleviating a spot for slightly less than dps (on progression bosses during learning phase) for a dps that doesn't need to be healed? It's not like any dumbass guild has one shot m mistress =.= or avatar or kiljaeden. He'll the problem might actually lay in the mentality that EVERY pull needs to be acted as though we are going to down the boss. Yea, bullshit.

If my slightly less than max dps is the cause of the wipe, and not the other 10 dps fucking up in one way shape or form, then fine, I'll go c blades build with either belt or shoulder always with anger legendary depending on the boss and mindlessly toll my head on the keyboard to win at numbers for the first minute, drop off till second minute (depending leggo )and come back,and rinse and repeat.

But, then again, I like having freedom, and not having to rely on a superb opener with the leggo belt. I being able to get off the boss, if need be, and not crying about my dps when something needs to be soaked. I don't play for top digits lolz, I play to kill the boss and be as versatile as possible.

Blade dance is perfectly fine. Hell, it makes fury of the illidari even better, popping eyebeam fury then deaths dance. Got those 15 ticks, and deaths dance, not to mention maybe an annihilation in there popping for some great damage.

I'm not playing against my class when I'm a middle of the pack dps that doesn't need to be healed AT ALL by our healers when we have dps that make mistakes, and mistakes in mtos tend to be brutal specially towards healers. So what am I doing? Alleviating a spot for slightly less than dps (on progression bosses during learning phase) for a dps that doesn't need to be healed? It's not like any dumbass guild has one shot m mistress =.= or avatar or kiljaeden. He'll the problem might actually lay in the mentality that EVERY pull needs to be acted as though we are going to down the boss. Yea, bullshit.

If my slightly less than max dps is the cause of the wipe, and not the other 10 dps fucking up in one way shape or form, then fine, I'll go c blades build with either belt or shoulder always with anger legendary depending on the boss and mindlessly toll my head on the keyboard to win at numbers for the first minute, drop off till second minute (depending leggo )and come back,and rinse and repeat.

But, then again, I like having freedom, and not having to rely on a superb opener with the leggo belt. I being able to get off the boss, if need be, and not crying about my dps when something needs to be soaked. I don't play for top digits lolz, I play to kill the boss and be as versatile as possible.
    I mean, that bullshit about healing might be good in M+ because of the massive AoE damage that is dealt in packs on high keys, but in raiding, if you're dying/eating damage, is because you're doing something wrong.

Unless in very specific situations (aka mechanics) 80% of the heals are directed towards the tanks. And again, if you're eating damage you shouldn't be eating (f.e. Felclaws) chances are you're going to get one shot. Demonic won't save you.

Blade Dance is bad for Demonic because of how Demonic Appetite works. Blade Dance means no chance of spawning a soul. The only reason First Blood is taken with Demonic it's because using it with T20 is a DPS increase over using CC (and having no tier bonuses).

Having said that, what I said remains true. You can still play Demonic, of course, but don't expect any mythic raid that knows how Havoc works to be ok with it :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    I mean, that bullshit about healing might be good in M+ because of the massive AoE damage that is dealt in packs on high keys, but in raiding, if you're dying/eating damage, is because you're doing something wrong.

Unless in very specific situations (aka mechanics) 80% of the heals are directed towards the tanks. And again, if you're eating damage you shouldn't be eating (f.e. Felclaws) chances are you're going to get one shot. Demonic won't save you.

Blade Dance is bad for Demonic because of how Demonic Appetite works. Blade Dance means no chance of spawning a soul. The only reason First Blood is taken with Demonic it's because using it with T20 is a DPS increase over using CC (and having no tier bonuses).

Having said that, what I said remains true. You can still play Demonic, of course, but don't expect any mythic raid that knows how Havoc works to be ok with it :P
    You seriously under estimate the power of demonic. And no, doing everything right, there is still a lot of damage still being put out passively by the bosses. Bosses we have on complete farm, I go cblades because raid should know by then. Sisters, though, I still play demonic, since it's still a lot of damage being placed out passively. Host, I play demonic, because it makes sense with all the damn adds. Hell, even when the adds have their bone shield up, I'm not damaged, as I'm still healing myself. Mistress, demonic since we are still learning it. But hey, once it's down and and killed again, I'll probably play c blades on it. Maiden and avatar I'm going cblades, because everything their is not some raid wide damage and I can play around things with blur and netherwalk (even though I still take netherwalk in demonic when I know a fight calls for a soak.)

No, it's not Bullshit about healing. Rather, more than likely a fresh raid group would welcome a demonic dh, because they have also some fresh heals. Hell, even my healers see how much I heal and welcome it. Do I get hit by things? Eh occasionally, since I'm not the best player in the world, nor am I in the top 50 raids around the world, but do I get hit by everything? Nope, rather I'm far more attentive than most, since I was ranged prior to this expansion, and being melee has shown me that melee has hardly much of anything to worry about.

That's if they understand how havoc works. Because, clearly you do not, since you are literally only advocating for cblades build. I am advocating to learn both sides of the same spec. Cblades is great damage, for this tier and another month until we have our 4 set from atbt. Demonic is good now for survivability and cleave fights, and also best to learn for the next tier, since it's what the next tier was designed for.

Deaths dance hits for a shit ton, and is fine in demonic this tier. Why? Because it gives back its fury used on such a hard hitting ability. Would I rather a soul proc from it? Yes. But, it's good enough. Next tier, once I have my 4 pc, I ain't even going to use it because there is no incentive, which I think is bull, and they should have actually buffed demonic appetite to actually allow blade dance to proc a soul, specially with that 40% haste... God the cd on it now would be amazing in that 8 seconds.... but it's fine now since it hits for a shit ton in meta and gives enough fury for a chaos strike. Think of it as... a hard hitting demons bite that actually adds damage to fury of the illidari, and that you want to align with 2 during your demonic meta.

As to why I was advocating demonic, to this player, he's a fresh 110 dh. C blades ain't going to help him anywhere, until he gets the set pieces. Hell if he gets the wrong leggos he might get stuck playing demonic (like rabb) hell, he might have a godsend on leggos and get delusions,cyn, and anger all back to back. Or he might get bracers and feet. But, right now, the best thing for him to learn is demonic, specially if he's going to be raiding next tier. Sure, right now it's middle of the pack, but anyone brain dead enough can play cblades havoc.

*quote*
    Link your logs? I'd love to see how you perform