Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Strictly going by what's in the announcement trailers of each expansion this one seems a little light, but that certainly doesn't mean it's going to be bad or uninspired.

Cataclysm
    Goblins and Worgen
    Flying In Azeroth
    New Race/Class Combos
    World Redone
    Archaeology
    Guild Leveling (Defunct)
    Path of the Titans

Mists
    Pandaren
    Monk
    Challenge Mode Dungeons
    Scenarios
    Pet Battles

WoD
    Garrison
    Model Update

Legion
    New Honor System
    Artifact Weapons
    Class Halls (Built from garrisons system)
    Demon Hunter

Battle For Azeroth
    Island Expeditions (Built from scenarios system)
    Warfronts
    Allied Races

A lot of the features introduced in every expansion are 'fluff', but keep in mind that there's always a lot more to an expansion when it's actually in the hands of the players. Also keep in mind that neither world quests or mythic + were announced during the initial gamescom reveal and they were very tight lipped about everything besides their key announced features. I think Battle for Azeroth is building on something that they think already works and trying to make a better experience overall and that's not a bad thing. Basically, if it's not broke don't fix it. My only real gripe is they didn't show or talk about more about spec redesign. However, there were some changes seen on the stage floor so that gives me some hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascer
    I don't always drink tears, but when i do, i prefer undead's.

Stay feared my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    of course you can do """""more"""""" when you aren't overhauling 36 specs and desigining 36 weapon spec trees and 36 questlines

infact they are doing minimal class changes which isn't particularly a good thing considering the disaster that is Legion.
    Did they say anything about what they were going to do with all the talents that the weapons got us? I mean some specs are seriously dead in the water without all the things the weapon talents added to the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Change for the sake of change is the sign of shit design.

Legion was good, really good. They took what worked and got rid of what didn't. They're no longer throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

You just want them to change everything up just because they can.
    Exactly. Plus advanced AI is prettty big. Instead of designing artifacts they have to design all the weapons that will replace them from leveling through raids. They still have to make skill trees if you will for however many pieces of gear for every slot they intend for every class and spec. While it seems simple Warfronts involve more that what people are assuming. 10 unique dungeons and assets from start instead of 8 plus new bosses for a redo and a new battleground for the first time since MoP. They are doing a lot regardless of the "feels".

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I am concerned that you did not understand what the nice developer explained to you. I already gave you an example. You've got 4 dices and you roll them. That's your island 1. You roll them again, island 2. You roll a third time, island 3. Each dice has a set amount of possible options attached to it.

I did not say they're the same, did I? They are similar. There are X types of different invasions or invasions points (all of them do have a set setting and layout). Islands do have a set amount (!) of settings and layouts but are different every time you do them. But that difference is limited because the options are limited.
    Except that's not what it is.

What you have, what they told the audience flat out what happens if you watched the presentation is: You roll a die to determine which island you go to, your roll another die to determine the time of day, you roll another day to determine what enemies you fight, you roll another die to determine your objectives, then you roll a final die to determine what your enemy NPCs are. Those NPCs constantly make choices based on what you are doing and determine ways they can hurt you, such as ganking you, CCing you to run away and more so called Smart NPC things they are planning.

That is what they said, how much will go live, who knows.

Argus Invasion points are: You roll a die to determine what zone you enter, you roll another die to determine what the zone ability is, like the haste trees in the forest world, fire patches, lightning spikes.

That's it you have two points of RNG. Islands have many points of RPG all layered onto each other, and this takes variability in gameplay in to the thousands of possible combinations, not like 12 or so 'variations' Argus points have, and I don't consider a single random effect to be a real variation.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    LOL

The entire Blizzcon was "uhm, maybe", "yeah we are thinking about that", "we haven't decided that yet", "possibly we are going to do this", "it looks like it will be like this" etc.

BfA is more a concept than an expansion at the moment. It looks close to done? Hahahaha. No way. Most of the expansion hasn't even been fleshed out yet. It's in its early stages, at best.

And no, BfA doesn't launch with more features. Heart of Azeroth is a shallow version of artifact traits, Island Expeditions are scenarios from MoP with a little rng attached to it, Warfronts are just uninspired.

Legion had in depth and very well thought out features. The artifacts for example. BfA has nothing like that.
    This in a nutshell 100%

Why does everybody praise Island Expeditions as a new feature?

Island Expedition = Legion Portals 2.0

10+ Year Old Account
    they didn't show class changes blizzard always tries to reinvent the wheel regardless of how many spells we do or don't get
    didn't show proffesions
    didn't show pet battles
    didn't show most of the raids like they usually would
    didn't show most of the dungeons like they usually would
    they're not ready
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

10+ Year Old Account
    You say all of us are wrong.
    On what do you base that statement ?
    If I say the earth is flat and that's my belief is everyone else wrong too then ?
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".