Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I predict it'll pick up during each phase, some ppl wanna pvp, bgs aren't in yet, some ppl wanna pve, most of the raid content isn't in yet. my guess is that by p4 there will be a surge of players who can easily gear up alts and run all bgs if they so please. as someone who mostly just raids this phase is really boring I could have easily waited for p4 and hopped in then and progressed with zg then to mc, then to bwl.

this phase is just bland, we need zg so we have a raid that can be run multiple times a week, and therefore have reasons to log in multiple times a week. I can't be bothered to do an alt until i smell phase 4 on the horizon. I don't mind casually boosting ppl through dungeons and farming tubers but it gets a bit stale after a while.
    Consistently lower subscriber levels followed by bumps in population for each content patch. Huh. Why does that sound familiar?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hans07 View Post
    Its funny to look back and see how wrong all those people were, classic has more players than bfa and its been more than 2 months
    Still waiting on you or anyone else to back up claim... Surely if you are telling the truth you can back it up.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Well, the OP was right though. It's a waste and most servers in the EU at least are more or less dead.
    There are a few left that still get players but as was said from the start: It's a small gang of players. The only thing they managed to do here was split up the population and have two games with half as many players.
    Well, he wasn't. Are you talking about retail because Classic servers are booming and are mostly high and full. Where do you delusional retail players get this crap from. Just because you want it to be true doesn't mean it is. Retail is dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    Well, he wasn't. Are you talking about retail because Classic servers are booming and are mostly high and full. Where do you delusional retail players get this crap from. Just because you want it to be true doesn't mean it is. Retail is dead.
    If its 'dead' then you can prove it, right?

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    Chill,wow classic is gonna last 2 months top once ppl see how horrid it was,theres gonna be 10k ppl online across all classic realms within 2 months.Meanwhile i'm preparing my "i told you so.." speech XD
    You'll need to revisit that wonderful speech of yours. Stupid posts like yours are golden to find a few years later and shove it down the poster's throat.

Well, the OP was right though. It's a waste and most servers in the EU at least are more or less dead.
    There are a few left that still get players but as was said from the start: It's a small gang of players. The only thing they managed to do here was split up the population and have two games with half as many players.
    Why would you post a lie that people can disprove so easily?

Here's the EU realms right now, on a Friday night, where lots of people are either busy outside the game and most guilds have already cleared the weekly raids:

Like considering Blizzard initially estimated 1-2 PvP realms for EU, this is pretty hilarious

They really have a lot of grade A talent. I can agree with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    "yay we survived 2 months"

I've no clue whether Classic is thriving or not, some people are telling me it's a wasteland on many servers, others are telling me it's popping off, but either way seems a bit like a circle-jerk to try and mock someone because they made a 2 month prediction, at worst they might be a few months off...
    Find out what servers people are talking about. Then, visit the servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    Chill,wow classic is gonna last 2 months top once ppl see how horrid it was,theres gonna be 10k ppl online across all classic realms within 2 months.Meanwhile i'm preparing my "i told you so.." speech XD
    I'll take:

"Posts that didn't age well for 2000 please Alex"

Most are not but a full classic server is not even close to the amount of people needed to fill up a retail server.
    You can't compare them like that.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Instead of focusing on evolving the MMO genre by trying to improve WoW and maybe make a sequel, they're hiring grade A talent to work on code from over a decade ago for a game that was in a piss poor state compared to the systems it offers today just so it can serve as a fan service to a couple thousand people who can't admit that WoW hasn't changed at all in terms of gameplay since pre-BC, it's simply received tons more options to do the same things by reducing the pointless downtime and grind required for every single task, turning the game into a literal second job. Not to mention the improved graphics, phasing and other story telling elements. However, the core gameplay is 100% the same.

This is like bringing back Warcraft 1 multiplayer because a couple of retards think that selecting only 6 units at a time and very limited strategies are what the RTS genre is all about.

What a fucking waste. Just leave it open source for those aptly named "nostalrius" fags and put this quality and ambitious talent to pushing the MMO genre FORWARD not fucking backwards.
    How can you say classic is a waste of talent xD? It is that that have Made what retail wow is today and earned them millions. Also, the classic team wasnt really that big of a team.

Most are not but a full classic server is not even close to the amount of people needed to fill up a retail server.
    Again, this is a complete lie. Why do you insist on posting things you could find to be untrue with the quickest of research? Blizzard has already increased server sizes on multiple occassions since launch, and they already made this statement on 21st August:

"All of the existing realms have a healthy population. Even a Full realm in 2006 would be Low by our current metrics."

The sad reality is that Classic is more popular than retail. Playing Classic then jumping into Retail is absolutely horrible. The trade chat spam for sell groups from discord community middle men. The trashed economies on realms. It is beyond dreadful. Classic is successful because its gone back to basics.

Sure pal, anything to keep your wrong, biased beliefs going

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    If its 'dead' then you can prove it, right?
    Go on the servers and see they're like ghost towns?

inb4 "BUT I'VE JUST BEEN ON AND THERE WAS 10 MILLION PEOPLE IN SW". Sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Another Original game vs. Classic discussion.. the sad thing: people can’t handle a discussion about whether or not to play a redone version of the original.. or to play the original game that’s currently been going STRONG for 15+ years.

The answers clear, but I guess some people just can’t hang when the going gets tough

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure pal, anything to keep your wrong, biased beliefs going

- - - Updated - - -

Go on the servers and see they're like ghost towns?

inb4 "BUT I'VE JUST BEEN ON AND THERE WAS 10 MILLION PEOPLE IN SW". Sure.
    That sounds a whole lot like 'Trust me dude, I'm right'... If you cant prove it then just say it... I'll be okay with that.

Personally I dont care which has more players... I just find liars to be utterly disgusting... That, and I find it completely hilarous that the retail haters are throwing their money at Blizzard which Blizzard is absolutely going to use on... wait for it... retail and its future development.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    That sounds a whole lot like 'Trust me dude, I'm right'...
    Which is weird because what he is literally saying is "*Don't* trust me dude, go and see for yourself"...

I'm not disagreeing with you, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

it's good for people to have options. me personally i don't get the hype, ENDLESS walking, mindlessly pressing your one button dps rotation or shooting your wand and going to jack off, piss easy content that you don't even need proper gear for lol. but hey at least it exists for those who want it. granted, even asmongold and all the people are already bored with classic, it legit has no content. the snorefest of leveling grind is basically the only content vanilla has atm. funny how if it wasn't released in phases naxx would probably be downed in around two weeks, if not 1.

Instead of focusing on evolving the MMO genre by trying to improve WoW and maybe make a sequel, they're hiring grade A talent to work on code from over a decade ago for a game that was in a piss poor state compared to the systems it offers today just so it can serve as a fan service to a couple thousand people who can't admit that WoW hasn't changed at all in terms of gameplay since pre-BC, it's simply received tons more options to do the same things by reducing the pointless downtime and grind required for every single task, turning the game into a literal second job. Not to mention the improved graphics, phasing and other story telling elements. However, the core gameplay is 100% the same.

This is like bringing back Warcraft 1 multiplayer because a couple of retards think that selecting only 6 units at a time and very limited strategies are what the RTS genre is all about.

What a fucking waste. Just leave it open source for those aptly named "nostalrius" fags and put this quality and ambitious talent to pushing the MMO genre FORWARD not fucking backwards.
    They barely invested any effort into this compared to what a WoW 2 would have entailed. You can not compare the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    How is that speech coming along?
    I think someone else hit him with their i told you so speech.

Hey pal, Classic is a thing. It’s not going anywhere, and you can just learn to deal.

So suck on THAT.