Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb It's time to Kill off Thrall

He's been in the Warcraft universe for far too long. All his major work is done.

We need to kill him and make room for new upcoming heroes. It's just a question of how we want to kill him?

Any suggestions?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Thrall and Malfurion will survive this game you mark my words!!

I don't really see a reason for him to die. Mainly because i miss the time when our characters was just random adventures, and not high ranking officers in our factions. A lot of people complained about always having our kills stolen by heroes like tyrion, thrall etc, which in the end resulted in the lore heroes never actually doing anything heroic in the game anymore.

I just want him to do something about the bitchqueen that now leads his horde into ruin.

Just like i want malfurion, tyranda, maiev, jarod and shandris to start showing their true power. Night elves were so powerful during wc3, and how they have been able to loose so much over the cause of wow baffles me.

Anyways. If thrall does die, it should be a meaningfull death. Sacrificing himself to restore the horde, saving his children, or what not. Not just get stapped by random old god minion number 47.

We should kill Anduin while we're at it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall is a major character in Warcraft and a symbol of the Horde from Warcraft 3. No other character, Horde or Alliance, is as significant in this way. Alliance never even had their High King until Wrath.

I know we all got sick of Green Jesus during Cataclysm but that’s no reason to kill him off.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

REALLY wouldn't mind, to be honest. Especially after what they've done to him in WoD (cheating during a Mak'Gora) and Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    YEEEES! He is not anymore awesome since Cataclysm.

And Anduin too actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why kill him m just let him go away.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Just a random guess, but he can be killed by Jaina while trying to do some peacemongering. OR, suddenly, become a raid boss for Alliance side of the Grand Battle raid. That's a joke of course, that's too crazy to be true.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no real love for Thrall as a character, but can we please not kill off any more important Horde members? For both Horde and Alliance, not having death for awhile would be nice, but Horde especially, they're kind of in a predicament right now. There are only a couple important characters left for each Horde race (if that). I think the only Horde race that has logical backups in case they decided to bump off more leaders, would be the Blood Elves. I would prefer they build up each faction's current important characters, instead of killing off any more. From what it looks like so far, that's what they'll be doing this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatAgain666 View Post
    Thrall and Malfurion will survive this game you mark my words!!
    Both of them will die in the intro. 100% guaranteed.

He annoyed me in Cata but I see no reason why he has to die. There are plenty of ways you can go about developing him further. I just think Blizzard should stop with Thrall going for soul-searching already. God knows how many times he already did that.

i cant take his moral superiority anymore
    baby jesus coming to plot rescue and lecturing

also the name go`el infuriates me

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Both of them will die in the intro. 100% guaranteed.
    Sounds like a bet to me!

How much room, exactly, is he taking up? We don't even know where he is right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be epic bad storytelling to kill him now. Nothing new for blizzard though.

I just want Thrall to come back with plate armor and doomhammer in hand (sorry shamans) and say "SUP BITCHES IM BACK!" "Thanks Sylvanas for keeping the throne cold I guess? Go back to being an independent elf woman and do what u want girl."

I never understood the Thrall hate.

Yeah they made him over the top in Cata, but how many times did other characters saved the world in "Jesus" role.
    Malfurion saved the world multiple times and nobody is calling him purple Jesus.

Thrall at least has some flaws and regrets with Garrosh.
    Also he was a decent character before Cata, just make him take off that stupid robes and don Doomhammer armor as symbol of his return, no need to kill the dude off.

Can this community get the fuck over Cataclysm already?

The world's elements were triggered and enraged --> prominent shaman of all races gathered around and made a neutral god damn faction to deal with it, with the most powerful shaman of the bunch taking the reigns and getting some necessary shit done. Would it have made you feel any better if it was done by Neboedu instead?

People like you OP, are the reason the lore is ultimately focused around the PC right now, hence why its gotten so dull (compared anything you've done as a PC to battle for the undercity, or wrath gate in wotlk for example), know why? Because NPC's were written by people who actually know how to write a character with even half a semi interesting backstory. Our playable characters are NOT that, they represent you, and you and me, we're normal boring and dull modern world people, nothing about our lives is exciting enough for a fantasy mmo, its why we try to fucking escape reality to said worlds to get lost into and watch different stories unfold. Only for people such as yourself to ruin it by constantly crying off to devs to kill off any of the interesting/relevant characters in it.

Honestly: fuck, off.
    Last edited by Odintdk; 2017-11-11 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    I never understood the Thrall hate.

Yeah they made him over the top in Cata, but how many times did other characters saved the world in "Jesus" role.
    Malfurion saved the world multiple times and nobody is calling him purple Jesus.

Thrall at least has some flaws and regrets with Garrosh.
    Also he was a decent character before Cata, just make him take off that stupid robes and don Doomhammer armor as symbol of his return, no need to kill the dude off.
    Thrall's problem in Cata was that he was very out of place and out of nowhere. Overexposure was never my problem with him. When you talked about Deathwing before Cata then the characters you expected to come and lead the fight against him would be someone like Malfurion, Khadgar or even Rhonin. They were the people who had connection with the history of the aspects. Thrall was somehow prophesied to be the one to kill DW out of the blue. The gathering at Hyjal which original purpose was to discuss important matters was turned into Thrall's wedding. That was a bit ridiculous.

I will always maintain that Thrall's character was tied to the horde and his character shined with the horde.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-11-11 at 10:35 AM.