Returning player

Hey MMO,

my friend showed me some things in wow and it actually made me come back and see for myself (after 2 years more or less). So i played Cata a bit and WoD very sporadically and even though ive read a lot for past days, i have a dilema and im sure you can guess it - what class i come back with?
    Let me explain - since late vanilla i always mained hunter with ocassionall alt, through all changes of playstyle i had (tbc raiding 5 times per week with more and more being causal later). Hunter always felt powerful in each aspect i wanted to do , having tools for open world stuff and soloing to BGs and so on once i became father etc Now i came back i logged in on my hunter of course and i just dont "feel" it anymore, i realized its gone and i cant decide what to do next - please note its not the overall boredom, there is too much new for me i just need a char with which i will do it.
    Im looking for character where i do not feel helpless in open world (friend is on horde server , being alliance.. so far im being ganked everywhere i go Q). Doesnt mean i never lose, just that i feel i can do something about it. Also for casual LFR and dungeons and soloing rares , simply solo play sometimes in 2.
    I tried DH tank, and while i can see it being powerful and meeting the criteria, it seems it was done for the newer gen of players with its style .. (no offence meant).
    I wasted the boost on balance druid (when i found out that you can turn off owl nowadays) - during leveling i felt all i can do is run off once ganked but never had chance to fight back with intent to win (it could be me only of course) so this doesnt fit me.
    Now what to do ? It seems i should try blood DK next , or affli warlock but i think there is one ability missing on both and thats some sort of movement ability..
    Care to advice , give opinions ? I do realize that class question is one of the most asked (if not most) , but with the bit of background above i hope some of you may influence me to decide.
    PS: I have been advised for Disc priest but my friend play it and im not sure i want to listen to his brags all time as he has everything better - also he constantly bitch that people flame him in pugs for joining as dps..

Regards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Help me pick my class type threads are outside of sites rules, etc.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."