Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Server mergers and content updates coming through the rest of the year

Don't have time for any fancy formatting now but...

Server mergers coming with the United Forces update on November 8, along

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171002

United Forces Campaign update and stuff through the rest of the year

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171002-0

I continue to like the direction things are going under Keith, it's about bloody time on the server mergers especially.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Sounds interesting, bit of a shame they're telling stories through flashpoints now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Sounds interesting, bit of a shame they're telling stories through flashpoints now though.
    Well, FP's have always had stories and they've routinely folded those stories into the main storyline, especially in recent years. So it's "more of the same" rather than anything "new".

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Well, FP's have always had stories and they've routinely folded those stories into the main storyline, especially in recent years. So it's "more of the same" rather than anything "new".
    I know but Flashpoints are mostly filled with damage sponges and hoards of mobs. Not really as fun as normal quests imo.

Didn't like Shadow of Revan because of the focus on flashpoints to tell the story.

One of the last server mergers they did they took away two of my characters names. I was already on the server that people were being moved to, Harbinger, but because my 2 characters were a lower level they lost the rights to the names. After getting a reply like that I was pretty soured to the game for awhile.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    I'm glad to hear that brighter days are coming for SWTOR. I miss it. Will go back sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I'm glad to hear that brighter days are coming for SWTOR. I miss it. Will go back sometime.
    It has had flashes of being a great game. Being SW it is going to be loved by so many people right off the bat and it gives them so many options. Which makes the missteps and short comings so much more confusing. It is the only game I hope manages to rise above what it is though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Cant fucking believe it, server mergers are actually happening.....so hyped. The 2 servers that all my characters on are will be merged into the same server, so yayf

I am really looking forward to this. Server merges have bee loooong awaited.

Just kinda disappointing that they're not actually finishing the Operation this year, despite their plans otherwise. Here I thought they'd at least be able to release the bosses one at a time and easily "finish" it by the end of the year, but guess now.

I can definitely see why some of this is getting a bad/lukewarm reaction from folks on the reddit etc., especially longterm fans, but this looks to me like it's more of them laying some tough foundation for the game to be in a better place moving forward.

But I'm viewing all this as a casual observer for the most part, I haven't been an "active" SWTOR player since...shit, KotFE launched? And briefly during the like, 300% XP event to finish all the class stories to 50. So my view is that of an outsider rather than someone who logs on to play every day/week.

Still really wish they handled server mergers like Blizzard did with virtual realm clusters or that they transitioned to an account name system to allow for multiple characters to share the same name, both would have dealt with most of the gripes from players that always come with merges. Though really, the fact that they delayed the mergers for so many years is their own bloody fault, had they merged years ago this would largely be a non-issue.

YES!!!!!!

All my toons will be combined on the same server as well. I finally get to play my very FIRST toon again Blitzkrieg the commando !!!! This is GREAT news. maybe I can get my old Imp guild to come back as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Honestly, I am kinda hoping it dies so we can have another shot at a Star Wars MMO ... it isn't bad, just isn't entertaining to me. This merge seems the last chance before a death ... they are NOW focused on group play? Seriously? Isn't that a little late?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Cant fucking believe it, server mergers are actually happening.....so hyped. The 2 servers that all my characters on are will be merged into the same server, so yayf

I am really looking forward to this. Server merges have bee loooong awaited.
    agreed, im pumped

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Honestly, I am kinda hoping it dies so we can have another shot at a Star Wars MMO ... it isn't bad, just isn't entertaining to me. This merge seems the last chance before a death ... they are NOW focused on group play? Seriously? Isn't that a little late?
    i undertand big time trust me... playedd on and off since 2011. but its once step closer to a better game. started back again been playing both wow and swtor. loving it so far imo. missed my jeda sage and sith sorc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfartz View Post
    i undertand big time trust me... playedd on and off since 2011. but its once step closer to a better game. started back again been playing both wow and swtor. loving it so far imo. missed my jeda sage and sith sorc
    Part of me want it to die, because then maybe we could get a better Star Wars MMO ... but I know that won't happen.

Every now and then I log into my Jedi Guardian ... I had 4 other characters at max level at one point, but I can't put those through KOTET ... I was too disappointed.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Over all thats a fairly disappointing update for the next 3 months.

Server mergers are fine but WTF at how little content is actually coming.

1 FP that you wont see for another 2 months
    2 PVP areas (one warzone and one GSF) which you also wont see for another 2 months.
    and 1 OPS boss that you will not see for another 2 months.

A handful of QoL features are nice but no real repeatable content for 2 months and for now based on what we have just gotten as far as content goes. 1 boss and 1 FP (aka Umbara) and nether has reason to really repeat them once beaten. I can't see why the upcoming ones would be much different when it comes to repeating them for any length of time.

As far as the story goes if it's more kotfe,kotet and iokath along with the whole traitor thing quality level again. Thats a space bar filled crap shoot waiting to happen.

But now about OPS.

bioware cannot even complete one full OPS in an entire year. The best they could do in 12 months is 3 bosses out of 5. That is some pretty piss poor development going on at bioware and who really knows how long it will take them in 2018 to get the other 2 out as early 2018 could me quite the difference between a gamer and a game company.

A hand full of nice QoL changes with very little repeatable content. One companion returning, another update that encourages you to run extremely old content for an old DvL reward using the new group finder.

Decent but overall disappointing and with a 2 month wait before you see anything on Game Update 5.6 – November 28, 2017

I wanted to be excited but "F" bioware still doesn't seem to have their act together.
    Last edited by quras; 2017-10-03 at 02:21 PM.

Very little or no content this year.

I wonder how many people are working on it today vs 2 years ago.

Well, it was time for me to start the old game up again anyway.
    Been a while since last time. Always keep comming back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Dude, really? SWTOR is not a bad game at all. It has a ton of content and there's something to like for everyone, especially if you're a fan of Star Wars/KOTOR. The game still has a lot of active players, and will always draw in fans of Star Wars. Most of these changes will already make quite a solid game even more solid.

Plus, I don't think we'll get a new Star Wars MMO in a long, long time if SWTOR would suddenly die or disappear, so be careful what you wish for.
    Last edited by Horrid Crow; 2017-10-04 at 09:52 AM.
    What is worth fighting for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Horrid Crow View Post
    Dude, really? SWTOR is not a bad game at all. It has a ton of content and there's something to like for everyone, especially if you're a fan of Star Wars/KOTOR. The game still has a lot of active players, and will always draw in fans of Star Wars. Most of these changes will already make quite a solid game even more solid.

Plus, I don't think we'll get a new Star Wars MMO in a long, long time if SWTOR would suddenly die or disappear, so be careful what you wish for.
    SWToR would have been better as 8 single player games imo ... they focused so long on single player stuff than suddenly now focusing on Multiplayer seems like something is going on.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Horrid Crow View Post
    Dude, really? SWTOR is not a bad game at all.
    Not bad but it's also not a good game either other than the original 8 class stories. After that, it's various ups and down with way to many downs in a one story for all that many times you have to ask WTF is happening here it goes so bad. From The hutts through SOR and into the 26 chapters of kotet,kotfe,iokath it all continues to go down hill in one way or another with few ups. Yes we get its all subjective but with the massive drop in population it's apparently most didn't really care for it either in story or design or both. Add in galactic command and the damage 5.0 did and it all just gets worse.

It has a ton of content and there's something to like for everyone, especially if you're a fan of Star Wars/KOTOR.
    While it stands to reason, tons of content is only for the new or returning player (and thats only if they haven't been playing for quite a while) and they will have to deal with the dwindling population till server mergers happen to help alleviate that problem but as far as tons of content. We haven't had anything new in a while other than some tidbits of story content and one FP in over a year and 2 ops bosses (read that as not even a complete raid). It's been 2 years since we had a full raid as bioware can only produce one raid boss about every 4 months. Thats not tons of content and it's delivered at a pace so slow you'll wonder if you had any content at all it will be completed so fast.

The game still has a lot of active players, and will always draw in fans of Star Wars. Most of these changes will already make quite a solid game even more solid.
    Active players scattered out across to many servers, hence the server mergers.

The QoL features are nice but without more new content which is the life's blood of an MMO and a better delivery time on that content the populace will continue to stagnate which is what made server mergers a must have. The content we have gotten in the past year has been sparse. There is nothing new coming for another 2 months and then it is light in quantity which begs the question is it also worth repeating when it does get here? If it was like the last FP umbara, I can't say it will be given the design direction of that FP.

Given the poor hero engine this game has and how bioware has dropped the ball in so many areas from poor and untimely fixes for bugs, lack of group content, reliance on story content when we know from launch story was never going to carry this game. It didn't at launch when we had better stories (aka class stories).

So, I'd be Ok with someone else trying given the state of things in swtor. Sure, a new player can get some miles out of it but for those that are there now. It's fairly stale and the horizon doesn't look like bioware has much of a plan to change that given their current road map for the next 3 months.
    Last edited by quras; 2017-10-04 at 03:44 PM.

Thank goodness. I really enjoy GSF but as an Australian player it's rare that I'd actually get a game during our prime time. Server merges should help a lot.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.