Page 1 of 28
... LastLast
    Deleted

Is Neo-nazism a real threat?

A year ago when people mentioned Neo-nazis I just they've a fringe group of idiots mocked by the world but what with the things happening this year with Neo-nazism and an apparent increase with incidents not to mention the POTUS re-tweeting neo-nazi propaganda should we worry

No, people trying to justify political violence is more of a threat.

If you look at extreme left and extreme right wing politics they actually have a lot in common

Including the fact that both extreme ends of the political spectrum cannot stand any opinion that differs from their own and will go to any lengths to deprive you of your right to free speech

its just that for some reason its only the extreme right thats gets bad press, or threads, when both are equally deserving

Extremism of any kind = BAD
    Everyone kept saying MoP was shit, but it started at 10M subs. It's big loss was by months 4-6 into MoP, the total loss across those 6 months was only 1.7M compared to WoD losing 2.9M in HALF THE FUCKING TIME. 3 months passed and WoD loses 2.9M players. This is not due to "MMOs dying", but because Warlords of Draenor is a garbage expansion. Cata also lost 2.9M subs across the entire expansion. MoP lost 3.2M across the entire expansion. WoD lost 4.6 Million 7 months after it launched!

Nazis are a threat whenever they pop up. They have a political view explicitly based in the extermination of others. There's no way to soft-peddle their danger.

We've had Nazis here since 1930, they even met with Hitler though Hitler wasn't that impressed. Let them demonstrate and give speeches, it's their First Amendment right.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    No, people trying to justify political violence is more of a threat.
    Which Neo-nazis do....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Which Neo-nazis do....
    So do other groups. It is not limited to just them.

Deleted
    Seeing as they already seem to be splintering and being as much at each others throats than what they feel are threats towards their world view, no.

The closest they'll likely come is terrorism and political violence, which is tragic, but not a national threat.

15+ Year Old Account
    No. They don't have any power to do anything except march with tiki torches.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    It is hard to tell if its a real thing or not, but more aptly is it real or just an excuse by bad actors to repress views they don't like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    If you look at extreme left and extreme right wing politics they actually have a lot in common

Including the fact that both extreme ends of the political spectrum cannot stand any opinion that differs from their own and will go to any lengths to deprive you of your right to free speech

its just that for some reason its only the extreme right thats gets bad press, or threads, when both are equally deserving

Extremism of any kind = BAD
    Except the Extremists on the right kill a whole lot more people than the ones on the left, but sure, you're right. lmao.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nazi's haven't been a "real threat" since 1945

10+ Year Old Account
    Lately these buffoons are all over the news, but it is basically sensationalism - over the years the Neo-Nazi/White Pride movement has lost alot of steam as the ideals of these groups are reprehensible and basically stupid. Combine that with the fact that violence and terrorism tend to turn rational people against your cause/stance and I think that we will see this way of thinking/acting fade into a numbing non-existence and rot away like they should. /listens to Fear's "Let's have a war"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    So do other groups. It is not limited to just them.
    And? The thread is about Neo-nazis

15+ Year Old Account
    Meet the new Fur-rher , Adolf Kitler

Fine people. Harmless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not yet, but I suspect as SJWs continue to crybully people into ruined lives/careers by accusing them of being white supremacists/Nazis (as well as all the isms and phobias) for simply disagreeing with them/every little slight, they will be in the future.

When Joe Schmoe says "I agree with Trump's immigration policy!" on Facebook and a bunch of whiny college students email his employer and go on about "Joe Schmoe is over on Facebook spouting racist white supremacy and its making your company look bad! He's a Nazi!" And they fire Joe Schmoe, ruining his career and life and permanently labeling him an outcast, cutting him off from civilized society, etc... Where else can he turn? Oh yeah, actual white supremacists and neo-Nazis, the only place where what he has been accused of is accepted; thus swelling their ranks. Unless he wants to kill himself or sit alone in his house for the rest of his life?

You know, like criminals and recidivism... When you label them a felon and ostracize them from civilized society, lo and behold they fall even deeper in with other criminals since that is the only outlet available to them.

Such occurrences are rare at this time, for normal people (relative to right wing internet celebrities who get accused of being Nazis every waking second)... But as I said, I expect it to become more prevalent the farther down the social justice rabbit hole we go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    A year ago when people mentioned Neo-nazis I just they've a fringe group of idiots mocked by the world but what with the things happening this year with Neo-nazism and an apparent increase with incidents not to mention the POTUS re-tweeting neo-nazi propaganda should we worry
    You yourself flame people who like 2D women. I don't think you have any excuse to be neural.

7+ Year Old Account
    Likely don't have enough neo-nazi's in the USA to fill up a single professional football stadium.

No, they are not a threat. They shouldn't even be considered on the radar, despite how desperate the left is to make them seem like a threat.

The real Nazis were dangerous because they had the German war machine (SS units performance against minimally equipped enemy units was at best mediocre compared to the amount of matériel they had the priority for, and they were way better at killing random civilians than insurgents)

A bunch of deluded imbeciles cosplaying as SEALS while being as tubby as seals (ZING) pose zero threat, despite there numerous desperate attempts at looking tough. You can buy hundreds of Confederate and Nazi flags, dozen of copies of Mein Kampf and the Turner Diaries, twenty different guns, that does not give you common sense.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2017-11-30 at 07:11 PM.