Thread: After Antorus

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account

After Antorus

So, I figured I would start this discussion with the release of the final raid tier for the expansion today.

What does everyone think the rest of legion holds for us? We have had a steady stream of new content since the launch, especially with support via raids. With the next expansion undoubtedly coming out mid to late summer, that would leave us with 9+ months of Antorus, but the dev team and Ion have stated that we wont have a raid drought like we have in the past.

1) The first thought that comes to mind is a mini raid, in the form of Halion or ToV to bridge us to the next expansion, maybe some "Faceless General" who becomes active in Silithus after the wound opens. I would almost put money on it being this, which would be a nice way to close out the expansion.

2) Another option could be some sort of new raid, like bringing back something akin to Zul'Gurub, AQ20, and Zul'Aman. They could make it a "Mythic 10 man" that drops loot lower than Antorus Mythic, but stuff it with some amazing trinkets so top guilds run it. This would also be a fun way to play on alts, and play with friends.

3) Something a little more on the boring side, but a "Mythic outdoor boss" would be a neat concept, this could also be based around the wound, and would be a cool new type of encounter.

So, my guess would be that we get something like my first option, it would just make sense, 1-2 pretty difficult bosses that drop some gear about the Antorus loot level, but not "full replacements", like 1-2 items of each armor type. Another reason I think is possible is because, for a least rogues, were totally missing a boot graphic from Antorus, which could indicate boots dropping in this possible raid.

So let me know what everyone thinks! I hope for some good feed back!

Nighthold came out Jan 17th

ToS came out June 20th

Antorus came out Nov 28th

The common trend here is 5months between each raid tier. If we we're to follow this pattern the next raid content would be around the end of April and I think its pretty safe to say we won't be getting BfA that eary, so we're likely in for a long ass final tier this time despite what Blizzard said about content droughts.

Realistically they were maybe a little too aggressive with the patch timeframes in Legion, which means we're now on the final raid tier with ~9months wait for a new expac (unless BfA is much farther ahead than we think and they'll drop it early summer)

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I 100% agree, no one can honestly expect BfA before July/August, I expect it in September probably. This is why I think well get a mini tier again, like ToV or RS, and will help drive the story into the next xpac. It makes sense, and I can honestly see it, so we shall see!

I dunno, I'll honestly be shocked if we get anything at all expect the 7.3.5 patch in the early part of the year with some very minor fluff. Then beta will be full steam ahead to drip feed info to us, then a pre-patch in early summer (with very little content, considering the lack of class changes).

I think Blizz shot themselves in the foot, they have no other stories to tell after Antorus that would make sense going into the Xpac and any raid content that does drop will be pure 100% filler trash just to bridge a gap. Not worth it imo

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    I dunno, I'll honestly be shocked if we get anything at all expect the 7.3.5 patch in the early part of the year with some very minor fluff. Then beta will be full steam ahead to drip feed info to us, then a pre-patch in early summer (with very little content, considering the lack of class changes).

I think Blizz shot themselves in the foot, they have no other stories to tell after Antorus that would make sense going into the Xpac and any raid content that does drop will be pure 100% filler trash just to bridge a gap. Not worth it imo
    I recall them stating there will be another small raid similar to ToV, but yea there really wouldnt be much of a story. It would be cool if they had a small raid as a prep for the new expansion but I don't see how they would pull that off tbh

I really hope there is gonna be a new raid, it doesnt need to have 10+ bosses, we just need new stuff to not play 1 raid for 1 year like we did before.