Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrodesiac View Post
    You're literally bringing nothing positive or productive at all, just making yourself look like a jerk. Just go away, dude.
    You attack people and I bring nothing positive? and then you say your done when you can't accept criticism yet all you do is continue to quote me? Post something constructive
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I loved WoD shadow priest's AS and Dot-weave game plays. It gave us 2 different options so if 1 was bad at a certain fight / raid tier, we could fall back to the other. This made us competitive and I still don't understand why people are not rioting about this...

About Dark Void: At some point someone will come up and say "This talent is for short living adds that you won't have time to VT one by one." I want to preemptively answer that:

- No, you are wrong. Because it's tied to void eruption. And that's not something you can hold on to. And even if you want to hold up going into voidform to DoT some short living things, this is not worth a talent point.

They could have given this talent with a new spell, but at this point I'm guessing they are afraid of giving shadow priests some new spells because they might think that it's not worth committing development time to Shadow. That's why we are still having the same talents (except of course Dark Void) some of which we have been using non stop for 6 years I guess?
    I hope they would change their minds about shadow development. It's still early alpha so who knows.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You attack people and I bring nothing positive? and then you say your done when you can't accept criticism yet all you do is continue to quote me? Post something constructive
    Going through your posting history, I see that this kind of attitude is clearly your standard operating procedure. So courageous behind your keyboard, my friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kjolmir View Post
    I loved WoD shadow priest's AS and Dot-weave game plays. It gave us 2 different options so if 1 was bad at a certain fight / raid tier, we could fall back to the other. This made us competitive and I still don't understand why people are not rioting about this...

About Dark Void: At some point someone will come up and say "This talent is for short living adds that you won't have time to VT one by one." I want to preemptively answer that:

- No, you are wrong. Because it's tied to void eruption. And that's not something you can hold on to. And even if you want to hold up going into voidform to DoT some short living things, this is not worth a talent point.

They could have given this talent with a new spell, but at this point I'm guessing they are afraid of giving shadow priests some new spells because they might think that it's not worth committing development time to Shadow. That's why we are still having the same talents (except of course Dark Void) some of which we have been using non stop for 6 years I guess?
    I hope they would change their minds about shadow development. It's still early alpha so who knows.
    I was one of the Shadow Priests that wasn't a fan of the CoP DoT-Weave gameplay from WoD, but I certainly understand that it was an interesting and unique option for Spriests at the time. And to followup with something someone said earlier in this thread, it was really a glimpse at the opportunity for Shadow to have some really diverse styles of play, in lieu of actual differen specs like a pure DPS Mage or Warlock may have access to. It's a shame they scrapped that concept.

I also agree 100% with your assessment around Dark Void, and hope that as this is early alpha we see some serious tweaks to many of these talents.
    Last edited by Aggrodesiac; 2018-02-21 at 05:29 PM.

I would like the old buff we used to have to keep up on cata, where using MB gave a buff you had to maintain. I can't remember the name of the buff though.

Going through your posting history, I see that this kind of attitude is clearly your standard operating procedure. So courageous behind your keyboard, my friend.
    for someone whos "done" you go through my post history? Lol, provide useful discussion to the topic or stop talking. I already told you why a 4th spec wouldn't work. You getting your feelings hurt doesn't contribute to your point.

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Here's my suggestion:

Abandon Hope
    Channel, ~6 years (channel began with the MoP pre-patch)
    After years of hopelessly clinging to the idea that the game's developers would finally do something right with the Shadow specialization, you swallow your pride and roll something that isn't balanced by people who obviously aren't playing the game.
    Awwww..

If only shadow priests were just the highest DPS PvE class for ONCE in WoW history...

Oh wait....

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    for someone whos "done" you go through my post history? Lol, provide useful discussion to the topic or stop talking. I already told you why a 4th spec wouldn't work. You getting your feelings hurt doesn't contribute to your point.
    Let me rephrase: I was done with trying to come up with more arguments to justify my points, seeing as I've already provided plenty of useful discussion. At this point, I'm really enjoying just how riled up you are for zero reason whatsoever - I literally brought up a hypothetical point in a suggestion thread, and look at how fired up you are about it. But yeah, the 30 seconds it took for me to look over your posting history, I realized just how futile it is to have any kind of reasonable discourse with you. Get a grip, dude.

Let me rephrase: I was done with trying to come up with more arguments to justify my points, seeing as I've already provided plenty of useful discussion. At this point, I'm really enjoying just how riled up you are for zero reason whatsoever - I literally brought up a hypothetical point in a suggestion thread, and look at how fired up you are about it. But yeah, the 30 seconds it took for me to look over your posting history, I realized just how futile it is to have any kind of reasonable discourse with you. Get a grip, dude.
    you didn't provide anything useful to the discussion of a 4th spec. a 4th spec brings more problems then it fixes and blizzard already basically said no the only reason it worked for druid is because it was already separated into 4 specs so they just went ahead and did it for simplicity's sake.

You complaining about how it'll work doesn't provide anything, instead you just attack and stalk people. This thread was meant to be a serious discussion on possible solutions to help fix shadow, a unrealistic 4th spec that breaks more than fixes is not an answer or contributes anything. Nor does attacking people and posting memes

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    you didn't provide anything useful to the discussion of a 4th spec. a 4th spec brings more problems then it fixes and blizzard already basically said no the only reason it worked for druid is because it was already separated into 4 specs so they just went ahead and did it for simplicity's sake.

You complaining about how it'll work doesn't provide anything, instead you just attack and stalk people. This thread was meant to be a serious discussion on possible solutions to help fix shadow, a unrealistic 4th spec that breaks more than fixes is not an answer or contributes anything. Nor does attacking people and posting memes
    Again, if you think me commenting on your horrible, horrible attitude is attacking you, then I don't know what to tell you.

I presented my ideas seriously, as I believed (and still do) that they are viable and interesting ideas to discuss. Merely telling me how stupid I am and telling me it "breaks the game" isn't productive at all. I could give you a laundry list of reasons why I truly believe a 4th spec wouldn't be nearly as difficult as you think it is, but I won't, because A) you aren't someone who listens to other people's thoughts and opinions, and B) because I know deep down it'll never happen and I'm just getting my hopes up.

But again, this is been a damn blast seeing you get so riled up. bud. Almost 20,000 posts and you still get this worked up pushing your keyboard courage with a stranger in the Priest forums? I can't imagine how you handle any kind of real life conflict or debate without your blood pressure exploding your heart.

Again, if you think me commenting on your horrible, horrible attitude is attacking you, then I don't know what to tell you.

I presented my ideas seriously, as I believed (and still do) that they are viable and interesting ideas to discuss. Merely telling me how stupid I am and telling me it "breaks the game" isn't productive at all. I could give you a laundry list of reasons why I truly believe a 4th spec wouldn't be nearly as difficult as you think it is, but I won't, because A) you aren't someone who listens to other people's thoughts and opinions, and B) because I know deep down it'll never happen and I'm just getting my hopes up.

But again, this is been a damn blast seeing you get so riled up. bud. Almost 20,000 posts and you still get this worked up pushing your keyboard courage with a stranger in the Priest forums? I can't imagine how you handle any kind of real life conflict or debate without your blood pressure exploding your heart.
    You literally tried to insult me and that's some how not attacking you? And like I've told you before a 4th spec isn't realistic, if you want to ignore these facts then that's your problem but if you are "done" then stop quoting me and stop looking up my post history and provide something to the thread for a change

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    You literally tried to insult me and that's some how not attacking you? And like I've told you before a 4th spec isn't realistic, if you want to ignore these facts then that's your problem but if you are "done" then stop quoting me and stop looking up my post history and provide something to the thread for a change
    Oh, me saying you were fun at parties! Yeah, you thought that was me attacking you? Damn dude, I can't believe you clung so desperately to my sarcastic remark. Additionally, I maintain that you are probably a real drag at parties, just sayin'. Also, maybe stop being an overwhelming jerk in every single post and maybe it'll be harder for people to give you a hard time for it.

I provided plenty to this thread, now I'm just waiting for my popcorn to finish - cheers!

I think shadow priests should be immune to pushback, leveling anything that isn't a void elf just looks sad as hell.

I know I'm probably in a minority here, but I think SPriest during EN with Surrender to Madness was the best the spec has ever been. Fast paced, big execute phase and S2M to me was exciting, it felt like I was at the edge of my seat at all times when I popped S2M, and that's something that's hard to give up imo.

Leave my Spiest alone. I love it as is.

Oh, me saying you were fun at parties! Yeah, you thought that was me attacking you? Damn dude, I can't believe you clung so desperately to my sarcastic remark. Additionally, I maintain that you are probably a real drag at parties, just sayin'. Also, maybe stop being an overwhelming jerk in every single post and maybe it'll be harder for people to give you a hard time for it.

I provided plenty to this thread, now I'm just waiting for my popcorn to finish - cheers!
    You keep saying your finished and look what happened. You started posting memes and looking at my post history? You have problems.

I told you why a 4th spec doesn't work. If you want more proof go ask on the official forums and watch everyone say the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post
    - dark void is the dumbest dot spread idea i've seen next to how the twins ring works now, delete it
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjolmir View Post
    Because it's tied to void eruption. And that's not something you can hold on to.
    Since Mind Sear is back, they could replace Dark Void with old Twins Painful Touch. It worked really well on mythic Illygonoth, for example. (And would've been great for mythic Spellblade)

And clear niche: Misery for spread multi dot / Painful Touch for grouped adds / Shadow Crash for burst or low hp adds

ya twins would work way better there and it requires 0 thought from the class design team, so i can see them doing that.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    You keep saying your finished and look what happened. You started posting memes and looking at my post history? You have problems.

I told you why a 4th spec doesn't work. If you want more proof go ask on the official forums and watch everyone say the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ttylol View Post
    Since Mind Sear is back, they could replace Dark Void with old Twins Painful Touch. It worked really well on mythic Illygonoth, for example. (And would've been great for mythic Spellblade)

And clear niche: Misery for spread multi dot / Painful Touch for grouped adds / Shadow Crash for burst or low hp adds
    This is one of the most solid suggestions I've seen on here, and would really clearly define that entire talent row - which is something I really think Shadow will need going forward: diverse and interesting gameplay choices in their talent rows. Kudos to you.

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    Awwww..

If only shadow priests were just the highest DPS PvE class for ONCE in WoW history...

Oh wait....
    Nobody cares about the numbers here. I'd abandon this theoretical "highest DPS" to any warlock or mage if we could get back some utility.

I think legion shadow priest is really fun, certainly the most interesting caster spec to me.
    I don't want shadow word: death to be a talent, but I like the mind sear change.
    A weak but spammable aoe option might work out but I think it's important that specs aren't perfect.