Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Thanks for the motivation :P - it is the one (because flail) I like to have most .... Damn. At least I already have the "mandatory" legendary legs
    Did the Pally one with Prydaz and Aggramar ilvl 919 Weap. 935. Used for all Tank Challenges the Heirloom Trinket (+10% DMG against Demons).
    Don't forget to buy some Gliders

I just finished 36/36 about a week or two ago.
    With the gear available just from doing argus for like a week, it mostly just comes down to whether or not youve researched the mechanics for the scenario and have a semi decent understanding of the basic mechanics of a spec.
    Personally I found that tanks were difficult to begin with but became incredibly easy and trivial with gear, I did the prot pally one at around 910 which was nails while i did the rest of the tanks around 920. I would actually go as far as saying the tank ones became the easiest with gear.
    Agatha was always a bit of a joke for most specs, xylem just required execution, and sigryn was about as easy as agatha.

I honestly found the healing challenges the hardest (obviously not disc), having not played a healer since late wrath. You needed to be really switched on and situationally aware. However i did find you were more prone to rng not being in your favor on the second last stage of the scenario with healing the 8 mobs, if you didnt get a crit at the right time it could mess you up horribly. It was also painfully long if you messed up and had to start again.

It was such a rewarding experience though and really felt good once you finished. my girlfriend is not very happy with me right now though... lol

Edit: Personally i think the hardest was holy priest.
    Last edited by Divinite; 2017-11-29 at 09:00 AM.

got 19/36 atm. mostly all the ones i want. few dps left and Healing/tanks. most are pretty easy with high ilvl.

Major respect from me to everyone who manages to do that. I couldn't even get too far on my main with my main spec. I have every class at 110 but I mostly use them for mount farming etc. can hardly play any of them. I'm aiming to do the one for my main before the end of this expansion though

Deleted
    I have done the challenge as Ret/Fury/Arms/Arcane/Ele/Enhance/Assa/Sub/Outlaw and plan to do it with Havoc & Shadow in the next couple days. Leveling and equipping the alts (900+) is "harder" than the challenge itself. :P

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinite View Post
    Edit: Personally i think the hardest was holy priest.
    May I ask as to why? I did the healer on holy priest and after speaking to a few friends who did the other healer ones we agreed it sounded like it was easier for hpriest. If this is hot the case however I'd love to know what made it harder!

Quote Originally Posted by Mymori View Post
    May I ask as to why? I did the healer on holy priest and after speaking to a few friends who did the other healer ones we agreed it sounded like it was easier for hpriest. If this is hot the case however I'd love to know what made it harder!
    sure ill explain, keep in mind im a novice in regards to hpriest and healing in general. Im only taking into consideration stage 1 and stage 5 because i feel like the of the challenge was a bit trivial generally.

I found that stage 1 felt a lot more frantic and active than most other healers, you used a way higher portion of your abilities. And while mana wasnt really an issue for holy, i found throughput frustrating outside of holy words, holy seems to have a far more complex rotation/priority than other healers.

Stage 5 with healing your party and the 8 adds was the real decider for me tho. More than any other healer i felt strain when heal balancing healing between the adds and your party, as when you were trying to put your big throughput into the adds, your npcs were getting spiked so hard by eachother it made it difficult to recover sometimes. On top of that i found that holy was more prone to having a healing add not quite getting healed enough and falling way behind trying to finish it off, this was mainly due to unlucky steaks of serenity and flash heal not criting.
    A lot of other classes were far more simple in this stage with just strong spammy single target heals or spells with aoe splash (vivify and healing surge with trans being super easy)

So yeah, thats just my personal experience with it all

Deleted
    I am currently at 18/36 - done with mage, rogue, hunter and warlock, 2/3 priest (need to run holy, but don't have any useful legendaries beside Prydaz -.-), DK tank challenge, and some more DPS (Sigryn und Tugar completely finished).

I found Tugar to be the easiest - did it on my monk without any DPS legendaries, my 2 tank ones have been merely stat sticks, and mediocre trinkets, though compensating lacking gear with item level and knowing the encounter from other characters which already cleared the encounter. Sigryn was also relatively easy for me, as soon as I figured out the flow, I only had to get used to specs I don't play much.

Twins is not my cup of tea, though. Frost mage and MM hunter was OK, but warlock without Sacrolash was a pain, so I rather did the cheese strategy, and brute forced the shadow priest challenge with S2M in P2. Still don't know what to do with the Holy priest one. I play healer alts since Classic, but I really don't know what to expect, even after reading guides. :/

I wish I could have Sephuz and Prydaz on all characters, they shine in these challenges a lot. Have to try prot Paladin next time the tower is up. Tyelca+Sephuz should be a good match for that.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    0/36 because i just dont like fail until you eventually win content anymore. And, despite having played every spec for every class during this expansion, i dont use the actual artifact skins on any of them. So i havent bothered to unlock any of the challenge versions. Part of me knows ill regret not doing so, but mainly i just cba.

Props for 36/36 though. It is impressive.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Still don't know what to do with the Holy priest one. I play healer alts since Classic, but I really don't know what to expect, even after reading guides. :/
    Are you making it through p1 in the healer ones? p1 is by far the hardest part of the healer scenario and holy priests have a lot easier time countering it than other healers with chastise, mc and purge. The other phases are just learning when to time your cds and such.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mymori View Post
    Are you making it through p1 in the healer ones? p1 is by far the hardest part of the healer scenario and holy priests have a lot easier time countering it than other healers with chastise, mc and purge. The other phases are just learning when to time your cds and such.
    Ok, good to know. Caught a flu last week and only managed to brute force S2M shadow challenge after my first work day. Then, mage tower went away. ^^; Need to try this challenge next time. Already have a mouseover macro for shackle. I love mouseover macros.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Ok, good to know. Caught a flu last week and only managed to brute force S2M shadow challenge after my first work day. Then, mage tower went away. ^^; Need to try this challenge next time. Already have a mouseover macro for shackle. I love mouseover macros.
    Yeah... after burning down Agatha and Twins on all other chars and reducing Xylem to 1 challenge remaining, I finally managed the Holy Priest one. Last try phenomenon once again. :3

26/36 - 1 DPS 5 Tanks and 4 Healers remaining. I hope I will get them all done before it's over. *falls asleep*

The hardest thing at this point is to actually level each class to 110, rather than completing the challenges.

I think most completionists will attack and get it done. Same as with getting every Challenge Mode armor set, only this time it's for each spec... :<

I've got 4 specs down, but I've now got 1 of each class @ 930+ ilvl with 2+ leggos, and will spend every cycle of Mage Tower-uptime hammering away at the challenges.

I've considered doing it but I think I have to be realistic about how much time I have these days unfortunately.

I wish Blizzard would make these damn things more accessible. Challenging is fine, but it shouldn't require me to gear all those toons, just make the tech scale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

One skin in particular I'm aiming for is the Guardian druid (should probably cap my druid at some point). So far I've done Protection (Paladin), Retribution, Assassination, Outlaw, Survival, and Marksmanship. I suppose we'll see what others I might complete along the way.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-01-17 at 09:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I've considered doing it but I think I have to be realistic about how much time I have these days unfortunately.

I wish Blizzard would make these damn things more accessible. Challenging is fine, but it shouldn't require me to gear all those toons, just make the tech scale.
    Gearing is not much a problem currently, I have all alts who have some challenges to do at about 920 item level or more. Got a lucky TF proc for my warrior on the shoulder slot (I don't have the leap legendary).

What is extremely annoying is the acquiration rate of legendaries and lack of targeting specific ones. The guide for resto druid recommends using up to 7(!) over the course of different stages. I only got 2. It's also extremely dependant on spec and encounter. Did Tugar on my WW monk with only mediocre DPS experience and zero DPS legendaries (used my tank ones as stat sticks) in a few attemps (granted, I had practice from all other specs in that challenge already). Getting Fire Mage challenge done (without Command Center) was only possible for me with having Dragonbreath helm and Blink chest.

Command center buffs in the Agatha encounter are also incredibly effective (just like lifeblood elixir), so I managed to get Feral and Fury challenges done with almost no practice in these specs and with bad legendaries (crafted leather boots, prot warrior belt and such), just relying on my item level of about 915 and all kinds of gimmicks (also DPS heirloom trinkets from WoD), and of course knowledge of the encounter from previous victories. Had to cheese Affliction challenge with the infernal strategy because I did not get either Sacrolash or Sephuz. On the other hand, Boomkin was a joke with about 915 item level and one good legendary, and kiting with MM Hunter and Frost Mage was also a decent experience.

But now I am kinda stuck. Will probably tackle Resto Shaman challenge next because there I have at least 2 good legendaries (Roots and healer Trinket), and Sephuz could be ok. Roots and Sephuz surely have been nice in the Shaman DPS challenges.

Though it's kinda funny that I mostly get legendaries with some kind of use for Mage Tower, and less use for higher levels of group endgame content. As if the game wants me to focus on that part.

Edit: Since I play casually without a mythic+ or raid group, and don't do much raids, not even much LFR, I did everything without any kind of tier bonuses and usually had stat stick trinkets. Though on my first victory (fire mage about 905 item level), I had a 850 Devilsaur Shock Baton equipped, because of the proc, the crit, and some leech tertiary stat.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2018-01-09 at 12:35 PM.

Will my Druid be able to transmog staff/mace/dagger in BFA that other classes unlock?
    For example, can my Warrior transmog 2h sword that some DK spec unlocks?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    One skin in particular I'm aiming for is the Guardian druid (should probably cap my druid at some point). So far I've done Protection (Paladin), Retribution, Assassination, Outlaw, and Marksmanship. I suppose we'll see what others I might complete along the way.
    I really want to get Protection Paladin done, because I am tanking with this class casually since Wrath, and it looks really unique. Same goes for Druid tank. Demonhunter should work out eventually, and then my remaining tanks probably have more than enough to overgear the challenge (as in killing 1st boss asap).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    Will my Druid be able to transmog staff/mace/dagger in BFA that other classes unlock?
    For example, can my Warrior transmog 2h sword that some DK spec unlocks?
    AFAIK the artifact weapons will be class and spec locked, but probably available to other characters with same class/spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I think most completionists will attack and get it done. Same as with getting every Challenge Mode armor set, only this time it's for each spec... :<

I've got 4 specs down, but I've now got 1 of each class @ 930+ ilvl with 2+ leggos, and will spend every cycle of Mage Tower-uptime hammering away at the challenges.
    I wasted too much time in MoP with other things and was not subbed for some months, but at least got Green Fire on my warlock alt and challenge mode set for my main (Mage). This time, I will surely try to get it all, because it's only the coordination of my time, and not the additional strain of looking for 4 other players with adequate experience. Though I still cannot devote all time for this, real life interferes too much. But if we roughly have about half a year of mage tower before us, and I manage to get 1-2 challenges in a month, then this could work out for me.

I'm currently working on it. Intentionally waited to do them until I could outgear them. I'm really glad I did too. While none of them are exceptionally difficult, some of these fights are not well crafted for some of the specs assigned to them. Affliction is a great example, the fight REQUIRES that the spec has a slow mechanic but Affliction doesn't have any unless you happen to have a leggo that gives Corruption a slowing effect. If you don't have that you have to either get creative with the mechanics of the game or run in circles for 5 minutes and hope to God you can burst hard enough within the first 4 phases of the fight.