Auction houses in all major city's to classic

They should definitely add this QOL upon release of classic.. not at a later date.
    Last edited by rootbeerboy; 2017-12-10 at 05:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    it was already part of vanilla, so... why wouldn't they?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

That change happened in vanilla, so yeah duh?

Deleted
    Ironically many people connect "chilling in ironforge" with vanilla as a very important memory. Another very hard decision.

They didn't became linked between each other for much later tho right?
    As in, SW had its own Auction House, IF had its own Auction House and you couldn't buy IF auctions while browsing SW.
    Think that only got added in the AQ patch?

I mean to me having to go to Org to auction shit was pretty 'classic', considering for over half of vanilla's lifespan that's what you had to do, and I remember it pretty vividly. Again, that's the problem with 'vanilla experiences'. Everybody's was different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    That change happened in vanilla, so yeah duh?
    I didn't know lol, anyway IF was the main hub anyway, no one went to Darnassus and the 2nd AH i used to check was Booty Bay for STV quest papers
    No seriously when did they link Stormwind and IF AH ? u sure it was in vanilla ? (not that i ever checked SW AH back then, I think until i stopped play alliance SW was still very irrelevant and u just pass by it while lvling)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

AH's were brought to all Capital Cities in 1.9, but weren't linked with each other until 2.0.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    AH's were brought to all Capital Cities in 1.9, but weren't linked with each other until 2.0.1.
    "Patch 1.9.0 (2006-01-03):

Players will now be able to buy and sell goods with greater effectiveness using the Linked Auction House system. Auction Houses in Orgrimmar, Undercity, and Thunder Bluff will now share the same pool of Horde player-created auctions, and Alliance players will find the same to be true when visiting Ironforge, Stormwind City, and Darnassus Auction Houses. This system has been expanded to support the neutral Auction Houses as well. Tanaris, Everlook, and Booty Bay will all be linked for players of both factions to access."

Source:https://wow.gamepedia.com/Auction_Ho...s_and_hotfixes

Really won’t change anything whether the AHs are added or not.

IF is more convenient to get around in Vanilla. Stormwind wasn’t really even used by the playerbase until Wrath when they added the harbor and boats to Northrend and Kalimdor

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    "Patch 1.9.0 (2006-01-03):

Players will now be able to buy and sell goods with greater effectiveness using the Linked Auction House system. Auction Houses in Orgrimmar, Undercity, and Thunder Bluff will now share the same pool of Horde player-created auctions, and Alliance players will find the same to be true when visiting Ironforge, Stormwind City, and Darnassus Auction Houses. This system has been expanded to support the neutral Auction Houses as well. Tanaris, Everlook, and Booty Bay will all be linked for players of both factions to access."

Source:https://wow.gamepedia.com/Auction_Ho...s_and_hotfixes
    You're right, the link I read worded it weirdly and actually meant that 2.0.1 linked the AH's for Exodar and Silvermoon City to their respective sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Really won’t change anything whether the AHs are added or not.

IF is more convenient to get around in Vanilla. Stormwind wasn’t really even used by the playerbase until Wrath when they added the harbor and boats to Northrend and Kalimdor
    Not true at all. Having your HS to IF or Org at level 60 is one thing, but when you're leveling. Being able to list items in UC or Darnasus changes allot.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

Quote Originally Posted by MMKing View Post
    Not true at all. Having your HS to IF or Org at level 60 is one thing, but when you're leveling. Being able to list items in UC or Darnasus changes allot.
    Good point. I was more so talking about how it won’t shift IF and ORG from being the main cities in Classic

It does. It's exactly the kind of thing that I want to see unfold in play - start with just the one auction house on each side, and them in when it's time for that patch.

Parking a level 1 bank alt in Ironforge is pretty easy, and saves your bag space. Just mail everything you want to sell to the bank alt and continue questing without worrying about have to head to the AH to empty your bags.

I would rather have 1 AH in IF than multiple AHs that aren't linked.

People still hung out in IF after the merger. For the Alliance its just a lot easier to hang out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    People still hung out in IF after the merger. For the Alliance its just a lot easier to hang out there.
    Yup, because 2 things:

1 Excellent layout and city planning. Compact and easy access to all services.

2 Ironforge being closest to the high level action in EK. Blackrock mountain were just one FP away, and to the north you had EPL. Additionally, Menethil harbor were the best way to reach Kalimdor from EK.

15+ Year Old Account
    That feeling when people complaining new features shouldn't be added to Classic don't realise a feature was already in classic...
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED