Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Not to be mean, but I think you have a misunderstanding on the trolls atm. Amani are the big/powerful Forest Troll tribe, that have sided with Zul. Forest Trolls as an Allied Race would most likely come from the Revantusk tribe, Allied with Horde, who,don’t have a beef with the Blood Elves.

Wouldn’t mind Frost Trolls either, Winteraxe maybe?
    Raventusk have 0 development. In vanilla they were praising Zul'jin, then that line got removed. We know little about them, if anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Raventusk have 0 development. In vanilla they were praising Zul'jin, then that line got removed. We know little about them, if anything.
    Yeah, but they are the only Forest Troll group that may end up joining the Horde (as far as we know), also the fact that they have 0 development make it a reason to work with them.

Some things on this list I would prefer, but I don't think they necessarily fit what an Allied race is, and would better serve as complete new races (naga, ethereal, etc).

I'm gonna throw in a suggestion Red Shirt Guy made: Iron Horde Orcs. Mag'har orcs are popular, but they aren't that different from regular orcs. Iron Horde orcs would have a bunch of customisation options based on the different orc clans on Draenor, including skin colours, tattoos, scars, etcetera. This would make them much more distinct, and they could have a much more unique questline and backstory than "orcs but brown". Instead, they're redeemed members of the Iron Horde. Blizz could also get a chance to try to salvage the WoD story, though I'm not sure if they'd want to try that.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Man'ari Eredar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    High elves?

Really? Again...

lol, we now have 2 VERSIONS OF DAMNED HIGH ELVES.
    Five actually.

High Elves, Blood Elves, Void Elves, San'layn, and Felblood Elves.

Murlocs, obviously. Vulpera, Dryad and Ethereal are all close seconds.

But honestly, just give us some crappy 0 effort high elves without new hairstyles or anything so that crowd can be happy. No reason to refuse to give them if the horde gets a similarly easy race, such as Mag'har or whatever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia Feldaughter View Post

Five actually.

High Elves, Blood Elves, Void Elves, San'layn, and Felblood Elves.
    I mean't playable

But to your point, it looks like Blizzard has a special affinity towards elves. They seem to be the most dynamic race in the lore being able to adapt and "evolve" into sub-species so frequently.

5+ Year Old Account
    Why the hell do people want high elves, they're just blood elves with blue eyes. Go play a death knight

Nagas and Nerubians for the win.

1k votes in, did a video for the results for those interested. Shooting my tweet out to Muffinus shortly.

https://youtu.be/3fNy5aSs72c

High elves being in the lead is quite disapointing ... Aren't they non relevant in the lore by now?

I'm quite surprised to see the Vrykul in the top 5 tho, they're even beating the Ogre by a fair margin atm. Vrykul and Ogre would be the only two I'd be willing to change my orc warrior for.

Some races in this poll have no place, either because of their anatomy that would make wearing some armour piece very difficult / impossible, or because of the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    High elves?

Really? Again...

lol, we now have 2 VERSIONS OF DAMNED HIGH ELVES.
    This poll and others just show, that high elf fans dont care just about blood elven model itself, but about history and ideology of that race aswell. Color me surprised. In RPG game? No way!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildspirit View Post
    High elves being in the lead is quite disapointing ... Aren't they non relevant in the lore by now?
    Uhm did you play atleast Wotlk, MoP or Legion? High elves are more relevant than dwarves or gnomes.

Skies the limit with Allied races now cause none of them need a starting zone cause they all start at level 20 so that will be a so much easier to implement for them cause they wont need to waste dev time creating a new and different starting zone experience for each race.

gief valarjar for alliance blizzard!!!
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    I want most of these, if not all of them, but I voted for Ethereal.
    Ethereals should be a full race, not an allied race.

Allied races are basically sub-races, not full races. Although nothing to stop blizzard from giving races they feel won't be that popular lke Ogres as allied races. However they should be full races.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post

Allied races are basically sub-races, not full races. Although nothing to stop blizzard from giving races they feel won't be that popular lke Ogres as allied races. However they should be full races.
    "These are Allied Races, these aren't Sub-Races. There's no direct associated Race or "Parent Race" or anything like that"
    -Ion Hazzikostas, Blizzcon 2017 Q&A

Deleted
    When I voted, I wanted to vote for a race that made the most sense and if armor would fit without it looking too weird. Something new and fresh and interesting. A race that I could see Blizzard potentially implement is Ethereals. Exploring their homeworld K'aresh would be epic.

Maybe we could go back in time (again, yaay! :P) and see how the planet was before Dimensius the All-Devouring attacked the planet. Or after, or both. That's up to Blizzard

And I agree with what EnigmAddict said above me that it should be a full race.
    Last edited by mmocd99d5980fd; 2017-12-07 at 03:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post

What makes you think an allied race can't be a full race? They named it Allied Races not Sub-races, so just because you see it as sub-races, doesn't mean they do too.

Also, I think the point of Allied Races is that, it's basically playable races but because there won't be that much more development of a certain race, or that they won't get much screen time besides their starting experience and etcetera, they're just named an ally race rather than a full race that usually has more development and can expect more.

What makes you think an allied race can't be a full race? They named it Allied Races not Sub-races, so just because you see it as sub-races, doesn't mean they do too.

Also, I think the point of Allied Races is that, it's basically playable races but because there won't be that much more development of a certain race, or that they won't get much screen time besides their starting experience and etcetera, they're just named an ally race rather than a full race that usually has more development and can expect more.
    Basically this, the main intended difference seems to be the lack of a starting area. The "lazy" races we are getting this time around that make people associate them with subraces are something I'd more likely associate to them wanting to shit a thrice as many races as ever before at the same time than something I would associate to the system itself.

You are both right.. by calling them allied races instead of sub-races they circumvent the implications of the nomenclature. If they ahd called them sub-races they would never bea ble to bring in new races as them and hten everyone would be harping on about void elves not being a sub-race of any alliance race or nightborne not being a sub-race of any horde race.

I personally am a subscriber to Red Shirt Guy’s theory on what criteria Blizz might be using for allied races:

-Category One: A variant of an existing race, but with unique customization options beyond different skins. (Highmountain tauren with their antlers, dark iron dwarves with their fire-beards, lightforged draenei with their unique horn styles, runes and tattoos)

-Category Two: A race with a very similar appearance to an existing race, but requiring a heavily reworked model. (Nightborne and Zandalari trolls)

-Category Three: A variant of an existing race, nearly identical to its parent other than skin color, but is available to the opposite faction. (Void elves)

This would essentially eliminate everything from Ogres to Arakkoa. And standard brown Mah’gar Orcs.

So what I think are the most likely 2 new Allied races are Kul’tiran humans for Alliance and Bleeding Hollow Orcs for Horde.