Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    You haven't at all, you've just said one thing that's wrong and I've corrected you, and now you're all butthurt - the hallmark of someone who knows they're wrong
    Just play the classes, see how wrong and dumb you are, don't even have to come back to apologize, I accept it in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    You dare insult the Void elf master passive of REDUCED TRANSMOG COST?Have you any idea how broken this is for faction balance?
    As someone who spends way too much gold on transmogs, I briefly considered a faction transfer.

You haven't at all, you've just said one thing that's wrong and I've corrected you, and now you're all butthurt - the hallmark of someone who knows they're wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    "Instantly teleport you".

Okay, then running wild and whatever is the name of what nelfs have is the same? They're both speed increase, right? Only one is passive 1% and one is a sprint.

Transcendance makes you go through walls on a pre-set spot taht is quite visible by the enemy. Blink is a teleport few yards forward, goblin rocket jump is a "blink" if you want to find similarities.
    My dear blind Bennett, with very limited understanding of game mechanics and also with a desire to ignore entire parts of the post just so you can feel on top and smart. I'm marking you a troll, as i can't imagine someone at your level ( but then again there are people who believe earth is flat, despite the evidence ... stupid isn't it?)
    Last edited by Ashgaan; 2017-12-05 at 11:40 AM. Reason: bolding

Deleted
    But they did.

Transcendance makes you go through walls to a pre-set location with set up.

Blink has no set up and makes you just teleport forward a fixed distance and doesn't go through walls.

Pretty big difference,

OT: I can see the rift being useful in PvP, but I suspect it'll have a fairly long CD and once it's exhausted it's exhausted. I only see it being an issue on classes that are already super mobile. Mage, monk, etc. Melee can't just use it to chase unless they can plant the rift at range and even then it'll be super telegraphed and may only work once then vanish, whereas transc remains even after you use it for a few minutes. We don't know enough yet on how the racial functions to say how good it'll be.

If it's just transc it'll be strong but I don't think it'll be broken. It'll make S.Priests playable in PvP at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    "Instantly teleport you".

Okay, then running wild and whatever is the name of what nelfs have is the same? They're both speed increase, right? Only one is passive 1% and one is a sprint.

Transcendance makes you go through walls on a pre-set spot taht is quite visible by the enemy. Blink is a teleport few yards forward, goblin rocket jump is a "blink" if you want to find similarities.
    I'm willing to bet my PC I know the classes and have progressed more than you

- - - Updated - - -

Do they both teleport you? Yes. Are they designed to take you out of dangerous shit in PVE or kite to safety in PVP. Yes. They are the same thing. Stop being pedantic.

- - - Updated - - -

I refer you to my first reply. Also, you type like an edgelord stop it. Also, the Earth is round.

That is VOID lord to you, thank you.
    You already proved that your understanding of the game is basic at most. Let's try something simple, for your mind: warrior has one charge available and all his burst (which will global you), you must get away. 2 choices are presented to you fire mage and a lock with port (or a monk with transcendence). The lock will put his port BEHIND a pillar, the mage will just blink forward. End scenario .. warrior will charge the mage and he will be back riding his sorry ass, while the lock will be out of LoS, warrior can't charge.

PS: feeding the troll cookies with milk, winter season.
    Last edited by Ashgaan; 2017-12-05 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    OT: I can see the rift being useful in PvP, but I suspect it'll have a fairly long CD and once it's exhausted it's exhausted.
    The wowhead page says 1.5 min CD and doesn't contain any special notes on it being once-per-arena or whatever only.

What I don't see is the cast time - the folks are assuming it is instant, and it might be (and if so, that's OP), but it might have a cast time as well.

I dunno man. The horde allied race racials seem much more powerful than alliance ones. Though, we don't know what entropic embrace does. The lightforged draenei racials are a joke, lol.

What kind of shit tier warrior can't leap and doesn't take double charge

Good luck mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Seriously, some of those racial abilities are ridiculous. Nightborne's especially good.

Compare it to half the races on live, safe to say Blizz is tweaking these racials down before live or buffing racials across the board.
    Do you know for certain that existing racials are not getting an overhaul?

5+ Year Old Account
    What? No running wild and a regular speed increase are not the same. Blink and Transendance however do the same think, they teleport you out of danger, that's what they're for PVE wise. There's no argument here.
    So if I'm fighting in Alterac Valley and respawn and -immediately- start getting attacked by players who are spawn-camping my GY to try and burn down my reinforcements I'll be able to hit the Void Rift power and immediately teleport up to 100 yards away?

Or will I have to place a marker, -then- teleport with a second click? 'Cause one of those things would save me from the Meat Grinder, the other won't.

Void Rift is not a Blink. Void Rift is closer to Transcendance, but unlike either Transcendance or the Warlock's Marker, the Void Rift is a ground targeted location within 30 yards. So if I'm standing at the edge of a massive ravine, I can place my marker on the other side and teleport right across the pit, which is only currently possible with something like a Warlock Portal.

It's a massive functional difference and it makes it incomparable with Blink outside of "It teleports you" which is just about as close as Running Wild and Demon Hunter speed both "Increasing land speed"
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Deleted
    They are not more "OP" than BE silence, human EMFH, or orc stun reduce. At best they are on the same level.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Or look at how warlocks have TWO of them.
    That and the gateway.
    The racial looks to be an inferior version as I understand it to be lacking the ability to reposition it before use.
    You're not wrong, but I thought it was an opportunity to feed on some more warlock tears; the fel gives them a sort of exotic spicy after taste.

As for the racial; ah; I was wondering if they'd be able to place it or not; if not then I'm not sure what the utility value is really going to be there to be honest. Assuming of course that it first needs to be placed/casted and then clicked to actually use, which is what it's sounding like to me. Being able to set it up before a pull I could see value in even if only the casting Velf can use it, but only if they could pick where it would be.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    You're not wrong, but I thought it was an opportunity to feed on some more warlock tears; the fel gives them a sort of exotic spicy after taste.

As for the racial; ah; I was wondering if they'd be able to place it or not; if not then I'm not sure what the utility value is really going to be there to be honest. Assuming of course that it first needs to be placed/casted and then clicked to actually use, which is what it's sounding like to me. Being able to set it up before a pull I could see value in even if only the casting Velf can use it, but only if they could pick where it would be.
    There are two click functions. One has a 30 yard range, and states that you rip a hole in space and time. The other has a 100 yard range and says you step through your rift to teleport. It reads like a place able transcendence, but what if it's a little wierder... like, you place the rift, then hit the button a second time and teleport to a ground targeted location within 100 yards of the rift?

In Arathi, for example, you place the rift at stables, then pop the second click function and teleport 100yds closer to Lumbermill? That would be nifty!

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    There are two click functions. One has a 30 yard range, and states that you rip a hole in space and time. The other has a 100 yard range and says you step through your rift to teleport. It reads like a place able transcendence, but what if it's a little wierder... like, you place the rift, then hit the button a second time and teleport to a ground targeted location within 100 yards of the rift?

In Arathi, for example, you place the rift at stables, then pop the second click function and teleport 100yds closer to Lumbermill? That would be nifty!
    The bolded, at least to me, sounds like you first "rip a hole in space and time" within 30yds of your current location; so you click the button or press the hotkey whatever, you get the circular marker, and then can place this hole in spacetime anywhere within a 30yd radius of where you're standing.

Then, the second bit translates to me as if you press the button again, you will be teleported to the location where you originally opened your rift provided you are within 100 yards of it. Sort of how the arcane mage displacement works with blink except rather than a time window restriction, the restriction is distance?

The 30yds on the first action and 100yds on the second action would seem to me, assuming the above speculation, basically to prevent Velves from being able to just warp 100yards forward at a time. IE: AV, team of 10 VE's using it to jump forward a significant distance ahead of either teams zerg.

But being able to return to a previously visited location at such a vast distance though wouldn't be "unfair", useful as hell sure; but not so bad as just being able to zip "forward" 100 yards at will every few minutes.

Although, using your example my theory could still apply; just in reverse. You're at stables; you place a rift and go to take LM. You're fighting at LM and someone calls inc on stables (or you notice) and see it was just 1 or 2 and they took out the lone defender. Getting back into range of your rift and zipping back over to interrupt the cap could be more than just a little useful.

I wonder how many yards it is technically from Blacksmith to LM...

I can't wait to see allied rogues attempting to sneak up on our nightborne though. Personally I think it should be mandatory that the voice over be triggered every time the racial is used. "An Illusion!? What are you hiding!"

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account

I can't wait to see allied rogues attempting to sneak up on our nightborne though. Personally I think it should be mandatory that the voice over be triggered every time the racial is used. "An Illusion!? What are you hiding!"
    Racial says invisibility, not stealth. So that's already a lot less powerful.

And then they got 1% magic damage, gg if you don't play caster nightborne...

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Racial says invisibility, not stealth. So that's already a lot less powerful.

And then they got 1% magic damage, gg if you don't play caster nightborne...
    Does stealth count as invisibility though? Mechanically I mean. If It doesn't include stealth effects that makes it kinda meh =\

And yeah, I really don't like that all Nightbornes that do not roll caster are effectively hurting themselves. Sure it doesn't really matter outside of the min/max crowd, still means you get nothing where you would get something when choosing non-casters =\

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I hope they let us test the races/racials, or at least more info from alpha/beta or whatever comes out before they launch the races.

Right now, absolutely no idea what this does :

Masquerade - Shroud yourself in illusion, taking on the appearance of another Nightborne.

Doesn't describe anything combat related. Sounds the most like the ability we already have in Suramar. Kind underwhelming if it's just cosmetic.

It would be more awesome if you could like masquerade into a human, and enter human lands, and demon-hunter gotta spectral sight you to uncover.

If it's just a "toy" to change appearance, that should not be a racial.

5+ Year Old Account
    Does stealth count as invisibility though? Mechanically I mean. If It doesn't include stealth effects that makes it kinda meh =\

And yeah, I really don't like that all Nightbornes that do not roll caster are effectively hurting themselves. Sure it doesn't really matter outside of the min/max crowd, still means you get nothing where you would get something when choosing non-casters =\
    I'm still holding out hope that the 1%magic damage gets changed into a flat 1% damage increase -as- magic damage. That way Rogues and Hunters and Warriors all get the benefit, as well, but it creates a separate-resistance situation for some double-dipping to minimize it's overall effectiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Please explain how their racials are better than say blood elf. 1% magic damage is worthless.
    You're forgetting about no spell pushback from damage, a spell that looks identical to monk transcendence, and the void embrace buff.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

They exist because it isnt hard to reskin something and make it op to sell race changes.

There is a reason why we are not getting something like naga or ogres and that is mostly because those take money and time to make.