Warrior in need of Advice

Hello

Nickname: Spidapig
    Server: Burning Legion EU
    Class: Warrior
    Spec: Arms

I have been playing wow basically from legion expansion mostly. Now i know it takes time and practise to get good at a game and I am all for that. So I am currently an 935ilvl arms warrior with t20 4piece and the great storm eye lego with stoneheart ring. Now I am trying my butt off to do as much dps as possible but it seems i cant get the numbers other ppl are generating. I am averaging between 1m-1.1m dps and from what ive seen with other warriors doing in raid groups with generally the same ilvl, I must surely be doing something wrong.

I have used mmo champion arms compendium, the discord arms channel sticky for even more info. But seems like i cant crack the code....

For example on Gorothi Warbreaker HC kill im only doing 1,171,425.3 dps. Which feels low and is low according to the rankings.

Any help would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by spidapig View Post
    Hello

Nickname: Spidapig
    Server: Burning Legion EU
    Class: Warrior
    Spec: Arms

I have been playing wow basically from legion expansion mostly. Now i know it takes time and practise to get good at a game and I am all for that. So I am currently an 935ilvl arms warrior with t20 4piece and the great storm eye lego with stoneheart ring. Now I am trying my butt off to do as much dps as possible but it seems i cant get the numbers other ppl are generating. I am averaging between 1m-1.1m dps and from what ive seen with other warriors doing in raid groups with generally the same ilvl, I must surely be doing something wrong.

I have used mmo champion arms compendium, the discord arms channel sticky for even more info. But seems like i cant crack the code....

For example on Gorothi Warbreaker HC kill im only doing 1,171,425.3 dps. Which feels low and is low according to the rankings.

Any help would be awesome.
    What is your rotation? Any links to logs?

It takes like 3 seconds to find him..I mean sometimes you people

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...egion/spidapig

Better Arms warriors can comment while i check the logs but here is his link.

A quick look at some other warrior, with similar gear as yours, as the 932-935 ilvl.

I picked this Tuor dude since his guild did a 5min+ kill also:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...sts&source=358

You have way too many Slam casts compared to Mortal Strikes, your Rend uptime can be slightly higher too.

You arent playing Ravager for some reason therefor delaying BC for Bladestorm, making you have 3 casts of BC in a 5m 40sec fight, which is bad also.

Lack of CoF doesnt help either but isnt necessary.

But compared to the top Warrior of your parsing ilvl:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...casts&source=5

Your slams are fine, your rend uptime is low, no CoF once more, no Ravager.

Also, you arent tanking into account how many times you have to disconnect from the boss.

Therefor you arent doing anything remotely that wrong, you just dont have CoF and arent using Ravager for more bursty situations.

Although there seems to be some weird moments were you CS and dont MS instantly and you Slam instead.

You didnt pre-pot also.

Overall stop worrying about parses this much, there are ton of things taken into account when parsing, you arent doing much wrong (Rotational wise, not pre-potting is wrong in a sense too) apart from the obvious Slamming a bit more than needed, the extra variables can be way too many.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-12-04 at 02:17 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    On Garothi you cast battle cry 3 times in a fight lasting 5:38. This is the worst thing you can do. Unless there is some sort of burst phase/adds coming up you should not be holding BC.

You're overlapping rend casts way too much. You should only be casting rend in pandemic range of the previous rend, or when the debuff has dropped. This means casting rend when there's 30% duration left on the DoT.

Your opener is wrong. With T20, you apply CS, Apply rend, you got very lucky with aylas proc here, so applying the warbreaker was fine, but you should after pressing rend, barring any Aylas's procs, press BattleCry > Bladestorm.

There's also a lot wrong with your execute phase.

Overall, there's just a lot of misunderstandings about how to cast your spells, you should go and look at other parses and compare yours with top logs, remembering that there is some RNG to procs, but mainly rend casting/BC+BS usage/execute phase. Also looking at the arms compendium so you really understand the priority as from the logs you don't have a good grasp on it yet.

Btw i tried to post links. But since i just created account im not allowed to post links..... I have CoF in my bag. I did a sim on raibots for a heavy movement fight of around 7min. dps diff is around 50k in favor of none ravager&cof build. but ty for feedback i am gona give the cof/ravager a go
    Last edited by spidapig; 2017-12-04 at 05:04 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    CoF Ravager is not the problem.

You're overlapping rend way too much. - Outside of execute phase you should only be reapplying rend when the DoT is in pandemic range (30% overall duration left) or if the DoT has dropped.

You use battlecry 3 times in a 5 minute and 38 second fight, losing 2 casts which is massive.

You play the execute phase wrongly and your openering was also wrong.

I made a longwinded post explaining them but it apparently got deleted, i'd highly reccommend actually reading over the Arms Compendium again, fully understanding the priority rotation, and then looking at logs of top parses for bosses. Varimathras is great to look at for basically an entirely patchwerk fight.

To better understand the rotation when looking at a look, click on the warriors name, click casts, then click timeline to see what they cast. Also keep in mind there will be variance due to tactician procs but yeah, it's good for a general overview.