Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Not like xQc needs OWL, makes a ton more streaming. And the 2k fine is laughable for someone who can make that in less then a week.
    Of all people, I don't think xQc is doing any of this for the money. But that being said, I don't think most of them (other than Sinatraa - that dbag), are doing it for money.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    There is more to this than the fine, it could be the next or last step towards his removal from the team and it may be something he wants more than just making money on streaming.

Had he not risen to the bait he would not be the one with an issue today. Even a fish wouldn't be caught if it kept its mouth shut.
    Still, he may find "fame" in OWL, but there's a reason pro gamers often go to streaming instead. Not a lot of money in pro gaming. Even if you win, a lot of it goes to your team owners, and the rest still needs to be split.

Be surprised if each of the OWL winners saw more than 50-100k of that 1mil. On top of the the life is hard, traveling, constant practice, etc.

Honestly though, boycotting OWL from here on out, has nothing to do with the xQc thing, but the way blizzard has decided to shut down any conversation about it, or how Blizzard handles their players in the league.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2018-01-20 at 06:52 PM.

There is more to this than the fine, it could be the next or last step towards his removal from the team and OWL may be something he wants more than just making money on streaming.

Had he not risen to the bait he would not be the one with an issue today. Even a fish wouldn't be caught if it kept its mouth shut.
    https://imgur.com/gallery/lQ19f

He doesn't have a good track record of not biting, he needs to chill and stay the hell away from streaming/social media when he's stressed out because he clearly struggles to cope.

- - - Updated - - -

Still, he may find "fame" in OWL, but there's a reason pro gamers often go to streaming instead. Not a lot of money in pro gaming. Even if you win, a lot of it goes to your team owners, and the rest still needs to be split.

Be surprised if each of the OWL winners saw more than 50-100k of that 1mil. On top of the the life is hard, traveling, constant practice, etc.

Honestly though, boycotting OWL from here on out, has nothing to do with the xQc thing, but the way blizzard has decided to shut down any conversation about it, or how Blizzard handles their players in the league.
    I'd actually think it's more important they have a look over what goes at some of the Korean facilities than random Canadian on American team y getting suspended, I'll agree with you on that.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2018-01-20 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I'd actually think it's more important they have a look over what goes at some of the Korean facilities than random Canadian on American team y getting suspended, I'll agree with you on that.
    They're definitely failing on the way they handle things this first season. 15 hr work days for the chinese team, not allowing discussion over league actions, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I think the specific punishment is warranted and fair, given that it's only 4 games and 2k, but not reprimanding Muma for taunting a player on the bench during an official live broadcast, but then target xQc in an unofficial, non-blizzard production, is at best hypocritical and at worse just a total disregard for doing the right thing and only knee jerking b/c of reddit (again).

Was it only because he's gay? Is it them using him as an example again just because they can? Or do they honestly think the right response is to just slap a suspension on him, then overlook the root cause of everything happening? Regardless....At the end of the day, he just needs to pull himself together b/c he's arguably the best tank in the world when he's not tilting
    If he can't behave himself, he probably doesn't have a place in a team.

Being in a team, in sports or in a workplace, is at least as much about your attitude as it is about your skills.

It isn't about fame or money, he already has fame and already has money. The fact we are talking about him means he has fame. It is a career playing a video game where you don't have to do anything but play a video game at the highest level of competition, no viewers, no pay pal, no chat ban, just gaming. who here wouldn't jump on that?

People are more complex then just money and fame. Otherwise no one would join owl since money can be made elsewhere.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-01-20 at 10:55 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of these guys (again, read not Sinatraa) are living their dream by getting to play professional Overwatch as a career. It's also with Blizzard, which is the largest company in terms of exposure and diversity in the esports market. Sure, Valve and Riot have larger games, but they don't have the wide variety of games and marketing.

Anyways, the more I watch Excelsior the more amazing they look. Pine is fucking nuts. That guy has the sickest McRee, hands down. Looking forward to Sinatraa vs. Pine Tracer/McRee battles.

I'm also really interested in how many pro strats no one uses in most comp. Even up to Masters they just don't play this way. Most of it involves map positioning, withholding ults, etc. Crazy how much like Gold-Masters has in common compared to these players.
    BAD WOLF

It isn't about fame or money, he already has fame and already has money. The fact we are talking about him means he has fame. It is a career playing a video game where you don't have to do anything but play a video game at the highest level of competition, no viewers, no pay pal, no chat ban, just gaming. who here wouldn't jump on that?

People are more complex then just money and fame. Otherwise no one would join owl since money can be made elsewhere.
    I mean it's on him if he wants to take a paycheck hit, but there is a reason people like shroud go the other way, pro gaming is far from glitz and glamour

I bet if the league banned streaming these guys wouldn't have joined, you don't just make that jump from the known to the unknown like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Now Blizz has taken to just deleting the threads related to showing OWL in a bad light, hell they even deleted a thread related to healthy eating habit promotion for OWL....
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2018-01-20 at 11:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's amazing is that he was actually telling his viewers how messed up it is to act the way he's being accused of acting and from out of context, poor word choice, he's the one getting punished. Not only that, but Felix is essentially bullied and straight up sabotaged just about every second he's online since OWL started.
    at least the first, second and third time xqc got banned people may have had some kind of valid concern, but this is just bullshit textbook gaslighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    What got me is that after he said "eat a dick" he later said "But he would probably like that" which is what, to me at least, crossed the line and made it seem like more than just a normal "go fuck yourself" type comment.
    this is the 20th century - if we want to defeat racism and bigotry and not go down in history as the most retarded generation of people to have ever lived on this green earth who spend as much time bitching about problems we could have solved if we'd spent that time fixing them instead of bitching like entitled babies, we are going to have to grow some fucking balls and quit giving power to those things by treating them as anything more than a joke.

if xQc meant to be hurtful, the message would have been much more deliberate

There is more to this than the fine, it could be the next or last step towards his removal from the team and OWL may be something he wants more than just making money on streaming.
    it's obvious he is using the opportunity to participate in and be a part of OWL to build his stream, but i wouldn't be surprised if he starts seeing how badly dallas is doing in OWL is negatively effecting it, says deuces, cuts his losses and spends the rest of his days shit talking OWL and sjw pussies without having to give a fuck that reddit got some sand in their asshole trying to dig a hole at the beach with their ass.

I'm sure Seagull calling xQc "a fucking moron" on stream is just because of this Muma thing and nothing else, especially not internally, that's why his own team gave him a bigger suspension than Blizzard themselves, all because he's being targeted by Soros and his sjw army.

Oh and I'm sure a couple of Korean players who are usually pretty timid and polite having a known distaste for xQc is for absolutely no reason either, he's just getting bullied by sjw's on reddit, he's the puching bag!!

Anyways I'm actually hopeful that Fuel can still make playoffs, even though it will be brutal since 3 of the spots are basically guaranteed to be taken by the Koreans.
    Mercy-meta going away will help them a lot, transfer season should give them the chance to get a good D.va and 4 games out of a 40 game season doesn't mean much anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I'm sure Seagull calling xQc "a fucking moron" on stream is just because of this Muma thing and nothing else
    Maybe not, but I don't really think Seagull has that much negative vibes being directed at xQc. Here is a quote directly from the source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitive...ard_to_reddit/

Basically blasts reddit for this insanity and that everything is microanalyzed. Doesn't sound like he has any problems with xQc on a deeper level, but knows that if he wants to play pro he just needs to get it under control. They are friends.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2018-01-21 at 01:26 PM.
    BAD WOLF

Maybe not, but I don't really think Seagull has that much negative vibes being directed at xQc. Here is a quote directly from the source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitive...ard_to_reddit/

Basically blasts reddit for this insanity and that everything is microanalyzed. Doesn't sound like he has any problems with xQc on a deeper level, but knows that if he wants to play pro he just needs to get it under control. They are friends.
    Obviously, but again, he needs to chill and not let random shit get to him. He's too easy to bait.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    at least the first, second and third time xqc got banned people may have had some kind of valid concern, but this is just bullshit textbook gaslighting.

this is the 20th century - if we want to defeat racism and bigotry and not go down in history as the most retarded generation of people to have ever lived on this green earth who spend as much time bitching about problems we could have solved if we'd spent that time fixing them instead of bitching like entitled babies, we are going to have to grow some fucking balls and quit giving power to those things by treating them as anything more than a joke.

if xQc meant to be hurtful, the message would have been much more deliberate

it's obvious he is using the opportunity to participate in and be a part of OWL to build his stream, but i wouldn't be surprised if he starts seeing how badly dallas is doing in OWL is negatively effecting it, says deuces, cuts his losses and spends the rest of his days shit talking OWL and sjw pussies without having to give a fuck that reddit got some sand in their asshole trying to dig a hole at the beach with their ass.
    He is just as responsible for his teams failures as anyone on that team if not one of the biggest reasons, he tries to run winston on every map regardless of any other factors, as does his other tank team mate with Rheinhardt. Reports have it the two tanks are spending more time practicing other tanks as of thier last spanking.

The team also doesn't have a shot caller and thier Flex DPS seagull typically only plays 3-4 dps characters, the team is as a whole pretty predictable and most importantly it doesn't have a shot caller. Its a bunch of bosses with no leader.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    What got me is that after he said "eat a dick" he later said "But he would probably like that" which is what, to me at least, crossed the line and made it seem like more than just a normal "go fuck yourself" type comment.
    When you watch the clip you can see the tones in which he speaks, all at once in an impulsive spill where his initial insult is loud then he thinks out loud quietly 'he would probably like that', to then realizing he shouldn't have said any of it. It was less of an insult and more like two halves of his mind having a conversation out loud with one another. Because, he's an impetuous fucking idiot, just like every other gamer his age. Only he hasn't learned his lesson about not getting caught and to stop fucking streaming.

Nothing said was anti-gay, nor was it a slur. It was trash talk. Trash talk should be banned all around, or not at all.

He represents a brand now, thats what most kids dont get. It's the same as someone famous from Facebook or Google went on and said something like that in a live stream. That would get much harsher shitstorm even

The way the league is handling things so unevenly is atrocious. Now they had an owner, who shouldn't even be talking to other teams players, tweet what amounts to a mild threat at xQc.

They better get these issues in check before next season.

10+ Year Old Account
    he tries to run winston on every map regardless of any other factors
    This is why I said earlier people shouldn't be talking about things they don't know about. The coaches put them in the game to play those characters. They aren't just going rogue and picking whatever they want. And since most people talking about this don't even watch xQc or the others stream, he's actually one of the best tanks at all the tanks. He doesn't play DVa so much, but his Orisa and Rein are almost as good as his Stinky Minkey.
    BAD WOLF

This is why I said earlier people shouldn't be talking about things they don't know about. The coaches put them in the game to play those characters. They aren't just going rogue and picking whatever they want. And since most people talking about this don't even watch xQc or the others stream, he's actually one of the best tanks at all the tanks. He doesn't play DVa so much, but his Orisa and Rein are almost as good as his Stinky Minkey.
    You mean the stream where he complains about Mercy being a no skill character because it requires no aim skill and then plays a winston who requires no aim skill and wins because he always has a devoted mercy pocket healing him?

I've seen his stream. It's not that he isn't good at those characters, its that he doesn't switch to them when it would be best to do so.

My issues with the thing, from the PoV of a casual viewer:

1+2) The division into divisions and a small number of teams overall. It's really annoying that we won't see NYXL vs Seoul until playoffs. I would have honestly preferred a point system rather than a playoff system. The number of teams would probably actually be perfect if it wasn't for divisions. It also means that I can't see Shangai Dragons play vs a weaker team.
    3) Lack of national diversity. There are just way too many Korean players. I'm not hating on them, obviously they are the best at OW (*cough* I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that OW is a dead game in EU at least). But I would like to see more "relatable" faces, there are few Europeans or Americans.
    4) Even though I realize EU probably isn't prime target audience (I wouldn't be surprised if 80%+ viewers were from South Korea only), it would be nice to get some more matches in a more acceptable timeslot. Currently, there are 2 matches per week in a somewhat good timeslot.
    5) Small audience in the on-set arena (I think the capacity is like 450?). It just doesn't feel very ... crowd-fanny? Hard to explain, see crowds at conventional sports.
    6) Some fundamental balance problems have already been exposed. I'd like Blizzard to be more reactive in tuning.

Now things that I do like:
    1) Casters have a pretty good level of knowledge about the game. I honestly didn't expect this after watching WoW esports actions for years.
    2) I like the level of in-game commitment with skins (it makes it so much easier to follow what's happening)
    3) The idea of representing cities is really nice, but would prefer a wider range (I'm aware of the financial situation)
    4) Players really look like they are enjoying it. Emotions are understandable. It has a nice positive energy.

10+ Year Old Account
    i watch it, even if they are mostly korean, the 2 teams im routing for are Dallas Fuel and Houston Outlaws =D